News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: Good Dealers in No Ca?

Started by Civil_War_Buff, Aug 23, 2003, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi, I am shopping for a new or used PU, I live in Davis CA and can go either towards the SF Bay or to Sac or Stockton. Does anyone have any favorite Dealers in No Ca? Any good sales people? The last place we went in Sacramento, treated us like second class citizens because we wanted a pop up and not a MH, 5 or TT.

We are young and have 3 kids and a dog. I like tenting it, but my DH doesn t like the ground. We had a nice Rockwood 1996 in 1996 that got stolen from in front of our house.

Thanks for you input--

Roseanne

Civil_War_Buff

GuestIf you are thinking Coleman/Fleetwood, I have heard nothing but good things about Fox Trailers in Sacto.  I can tell where NOT to go in San Jose, but that s a little far anyhow. Pan Pacific in Stockton is.....so-so, great on delivery, terrible on follow through!

Good luck.

champ521

GuestI bought my Coleman Bayside from Fox Trailers in Sacto in  99. I have had nothing but great service from them. They deal primarily with Pop Ups. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking at a Coleman.

Ca-girl

champ521

QuoteORIGINAL:  champ521

I bought my Coleman Bayside from Fox Trailers in Sacto in  99. I have had nothing but great service from them. They deal primarily with Pop Ups. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking at a Coleman.

We bought our Caravan from Fox just over a year ago, and agree with Champ521...great service, and I highly recommend them.

SactoCampers

GuestHi Roseanne,

There are a couple of us here from Davis.

If you re considering only Coleman s, then Fox Trailer Sales is a good place.

If you re considering other places:

There s Ray s RV in Sacramento (Starcraft, www.raysrv.com). I found their service so-so, but Calstatee 360/361 got good service from them when buying their hybrid.

There s also Napa RV (Starcraft, www.naparv.com). I ve corresponded with them via e-mail and they seemed pleasant and they were willing to negotiate (i.e. Starcraft 2409 for <$10k).

There s B&L RV (Palomino, no website) in Sacramento. I didn t like the service when I went there. But a woman on the Yahoo! Hybrid group received great service when buying her small hybrid.

Wine Country RV in Napa sells Rockwoods (www.winecountryrv.com)

Manteca Trailers Sales (www.mantecatrailer.com) sells Rockwood popups and I received competitive quotes from them compared with Napa RV (Same quote as Napa RV for equivalent model, but didn t end up buying from either).

There s Rogers Campers in Fremont (Starcraft, www.fun4u2.com), but folks say they don t budge much from MSRP, which is a deal breaker for me.

There is also supposed to be a Jayco dealer in Sacramento, but I haven t seen them. Closest Viking dealer is in Scott s Valley. That s where Otter bought hers.

I have a Tracker that I unknowingly bought from crooks in Vacaville, and they are now out of business. We like the trailer though. It s the same as a Palomino.

Hope this helps.

Nick

SactoCampers

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Closest Viking dealer is in Scott s Valley. That s where Otter bought hers.

Hey Sacto, they stoped selling PU s shortly after they started selling them.

There is also Bonesa Bro s RV in Gilroy who sells Jayco

SactoCampers

Nick
QuoteHey Sacto, they stoped selling PU s shortly after they started selling them.

There is also Bonesa Bro s RV in Gilroy who sells Jayco

Good to know that. Do you happen to know why?

6Quigs

Nick
QuoteClosest Viking dealer is in Scott s Valley.
QuoteHey Sacto, they stoped selling PU s shortly after they started selling them.
We stopped by R.V. s of Merritt in Scotts Valley a few weeks ago, and they were still selling Vikings. Had a few set up right out front.
 http://www.rvsofmerritt.com

Calstate361

GuestAs stated by Sacto, we  have had good service from Ray s RV for both our purchases of the PU and the Hybred.  Sal did a lot of research and decided that the top three choice were Coleman, Jayco, and Starcraft (not necessarily in that order).  We live in the outskirts of Sacramento (in North Highlands) so Ray s was the easiest for us.  We went to Fox s with cash in our pockets and couldn t get them to come out of their air conditioned office to help us.  This was also several years ago.  There were also 5 other families looking at the same time and they were not helped either so we can t give an opinion on their sevice.  We also drove to Yuba City where the Jayco dealer is located.  We didn t like the idea of having to drive all the way to Yuba City for any warranty work so that is why we went with Ray s RV.  Ray s also puts all (or most) of the options in the trailers when they order them so you don t have to order what you want.  There is also another dealership accross the street from Ray s that carries Kiwi s (hybred).  We have not been there so don t know if they carry PUs or not.  Anyway, this is the best place to get information.  GOOD LUCK on your search.

Joan

Hybrid Holly

GuestHi,
 This is one of the other Davis folks checking in.  
 We bought our hybrid from Pan Pacific.  We have been very satisfied.  
 I suggest going to the big RV show the last weekend in September at Cal Expo.  You can get discount Tix at most dealers or, as I recall, it is cheap if you go on Thursday!

Calstate361

GuestI belive that Pan Pacific is the dealar I was talking about that is across from Ray s RV on El Camino.

Joan

Hybrid Holly

QuoteI belive that Pan Pacific is the dealar I was talking about that is across from Ray s RV on El Camino.
You are right Joan.  They had a few PUs when we were there, but not many.  IT looks like they do have quite a few now.  They have two stores, the on on El Camino and one in French Camp.
 For Hyrbrids they have the Trail Lite Bantam series and the Tahoes by Thor...that is the strange hybrid that has three popouts and looks like and airplane!  
 They have a used Bantam B21B there right now for about $10K

Red neff Barchetta

GuestThought I d run the table this evening.