RE: gsmx2 Tracker

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Sep 23, 2003, 10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonwooder

Red neff Barchetta
Quotewith the initials GSM that I know.

He s good, eh? [;)]

gsm x2

Civil_War_BuffHi all from the wintery Upper Penisula of Michigan.

We were suppose to be camping in the wilderness outside the boundaries of the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. However, if you checked the Weather Channel, you ll see that it is THE SNOWY PLACE in the continent...with rain ready to freeze tonight. Not a time to be camping so we are in a motel in Marquette, MI.

We had a fabulous time in Saint Paul with Kelly.  She s just as nice as she seems online and has a fabulous sense of humor as expected.

And just so you know, we really didn t need the jackets in Minnesota, but were just warming them up for our entry into Wisconsin and the U.P. where we definitely need them.

Oh, and yes Kelly, just so you know, all members of NNC are co-members of SCC, so you are inducted into both...just like AbDiver said.

And you got 10 brownie points for the Dunne s Coffee. It was excellent, much better than Conoco brown liquid.

gsm x2 and G-Whiz

6Quigs

Kelly

QuoteORIGINAL:  Kelly
 [font=" comic sans ms" ]
 I can t wait to make it to CA to meet more of my fellow NNCers!  I can t gush enough about lunch today and suspect that you are all as much fun as Scott & Georgeanne!![/font]

Glad you met the Shy members of NNC first Kelly[:o]

Kelly

6Quigs

QuoteORIGINAL:  6Quigs

Glad you met the Shy members of NNC first Kelly[:o]

[font=" comic sans ms" ]LOL ~ You mean you aren t all like that?? [;)]

[/font]

gsm x2

Civil_War_Buff
Quotequote:

ORIGINAL: 6Quigs

Glad you met the Shy members of NNC first Kelly  

LOL ~ You mean you aren t all like that??  

Oh, we are the quiet grandparent-like members of NNC; just like Larry and Rita.  That s why Georgeanne and Rita need support from the Carrie s and Tonya s of the group.  Otherwise the two of them would sit quietly comparing needlecrafts and aches and pains for the entire rally.

gsm x2

BTW--finally got MY VERSION of the meeting with Kelly posted.

Kelly

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

BTW--finally got MY VERSION of the meeting with Kelly posted.

[font="comic sans ms"]Very Nice, Scott.  I can even show that one to my friends and family!  LOL[/font]

gsm x2

KellyHere in Michigan with family, so I am staying away from the computer for the
 most part. All caught up except for Friday where we drove from the UP to
 Grand Rapids. Not much to report from that trip except that it rained every
 inch of the way.

Had a great dinner out with my cousin Rex that night.

With that, I think I am caught up. Will post next Saturday if we have an IN
 connection. Enjoy the week off.

gsm x2

gsm x2

KellyOur week in Michigan ends today with our traditional family breakfast at The Cracker Barrel. We ll have the chance to go visit Georgeanne s sister in Algonquin, Illinois tonight, then will head directly toward Santa Fe, New Mexico so we can visit the Georgia O Keefe Museum next Tuesday...this is a stop we couldn t get to in 2001 because we happened to head into Santa Fe on Wednesday, when it is closed.

So we are back on the road heading for the last 25% of our vacation.

Scott

Cottonwooder

gsm x2School s out next week, so we re about to leave on our longest RV adventure yet.  Since we won t be home to welcome you back, let me do so now.  (BTW, folks, if you re hoping to go to Vons to replenish supplies when you get back, you re SOL.)

SCCS

I couldn't post on the other board it must have been locked.
WELCOME HOME!!
[/color][/size]

gsm x2

Quote from: SCCSI couldn't post on the other board it must have been locked.
WELCOME HOME!!
[/color][/size]

Scott--thanks for the welcome home.  It feels good to be home, but speaking for me, I could be back on the road in two days.  Same with G, but alas, back to work we go.

gsm x2

6Quigs

Yes WELCOME HOME Scott & Georgeanne,

We have all enjoyed keeping up with your travels on your webpage.
Can't wait to see Georgeannes Scrapbook of the trip.

gsm x2

Quote from: 6QuigsYes WELCOME HOME Scott & Georgeanne,

We have all enjoyed keeping up with your travels on your webpage.
Can't wait to see Georgeannes Scrapbook of the trip.

Georgeanne doesn't scrapbook our trips.  She's working on completing the NNC scrapbooks.

In theory, I move the WebPages into a Publisher document.  But in reality, I still have a week worth of BigTrip 2001 to do, so I am not holding my breath that I will complete 2003.

Looking forward to seeing people soon in Cachuma.

Scott

OC Campers

It looks like you are back safe and sound.  I hope you had a wonderful trip, I really enjoyed reading your daily log.    Where in the UP did you go?  Randy is up there right now with his family for 8 days.  His step-dad passed away last week so he is up there getting her ready for snow-fall.  Had to mow the acreage for the winter, put up the storm windows, line up snow plowing.  All the fun stuff that goes along with living up in the "sticks".  I don't know how she is gonna do it.  They only get 450 inches of snow a year.

We sure missed you guys at our Trick or treat rally.  I half expected you to show up trailer in tow.  Randy had to leave for Michigan last Friday which was the weekend of our rally.  I actually towed the PU to Vail Lake on Thursday, set it up (of course I had Randy's help).  I then stayed by myself with 4 kids.  I then learned to pop it down and tow it home all by myself.  Wow, it is sure a lot easier with 2 people.  The only problem I would of had was hitching it up.  Having a storage trunk in front was a wonderful thing.  Randy was able to leave the trailer hooked up to the van.  The front king bed pulled out all the way without hitting the back of the van!  Thank goodness.

I finally got Christopher to sit down and write a short letter to Ryan.  After he was done he said he wished he and Ryan could play again.  

Jacqui

gsm x2

Quote from: OC CampersIt looks like you are back safe and sound.  I hope you had a wonderful trip, I really enjoyed reading your daily log.    Where in the UP did you go?  Randy is up there right now with his family for 8 days.  His step-dad passed away last week so he is up there getting her ready for snow-fall.  Had to mow the acreage for the winter, put up the storm windows, line up snow plowing.  All the fun stuff that goes along with living up in the "sticks".  I don't know how she is gonna do it.  They only get 450 inches of snow a year.

We sure missed you guys at our Trick or treat rally.  I half expected you to show up trailer in tow.  Randy had to leave for Michigan last Friday which was the weekend of our rally.  I actually towed the PU to Vail Lake on Thursday, set it up (of course I had Randy's help).  I then stayed by myself with 4 kids.  I then learned to pop it down and tow it home all by myself.  Wow, it is sure a lot easier with 2 people.  The only problem I would of had was hitching it up.  Having a storage trunk in front was a wonderful thing.  Randy was able to leave the trailer hooked up to the van.  The front king bed pulled out all the way without hitting the back of the van!  Thank goodness.

I finally got Christopher to sit down and write a short letter to Ryan.  After he was done he said he wished he and Ryan could play again.  

Jacqui

Jacqui,

We are home safely and soundly.  We went to Marquette then down to Lake Michigan to the Mackinac Bridge.  Snow on October 1st.  Too early for me.  Those Yoopers can Yoop it up all they want.  I'll stay south of the 45th latitude.

Congrats on towing the rig by yourself and getting a 6-year-old to write to another 6-year-old.

I am not sure which is the greater accomplishment.  I am certain that Ryan will be thrilled and that Beth will pull some magic to get a return letter out.

See you in SP.

Scott