RE: " Reyes the Roof Again" Rally - Feb. 27 - 29

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Sep 24, 2003, 08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6Quigs

Quote from: NickWell I assumed that if you don't arrive on Thursday that you will arrive on Friday.  

Don't ever ASSUME anything.

Last year we arrived on Saturday morning :confused:

zymomyz

Planning to arrive friday by noon. Of course those are my plans and they do not necessarily reflect the plans or opinons of the management  ;)

Hybrid Holly

Plan is for us to arrive on Friday AM.

What is the status of the horseback ride?  
Do you need any money?

Nick

Updated 1/2/04
Olema Ranch Campground
Enjoy an unparalleled camping experience in natural beauty and splendor!
Olema Ranch Campground is the only privately-owned, public campground serving our six magnificent park systems - Point Reyes National Seashore, Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Samuel P. Taylor State Park, Mount Tamalpais State Park and Muir Woods National Monument, Tomales Bay State Park. Olema Ranch is a full service campground facility offering the utmost in convenience and comfort, and is surrounded by the Point Reyes National Seashore park system. The head quarters is a short walk from the campground. The campground features both natural forest and open meadow camping areas. Olema Ranch Campground is also located just one hour north of San Francisco and one hour West of the Napa Valley wine country.[/font]

About Olema Ranch Campground

Family owned and operated since 1969, Olema Ranch offers a wide variety of attractions and accommodations the whole family can enjoy. In the midst of a breathtaking national forest sits this beautifully landscaped thirty-two acre campground. Situated on Highway One in the tiny town of Olema, one hour north of San Francisco and two and one half miles south of Point Reyes Station, Olema Ranch Campground is an ideal destination for a peaceful retreat or an outdoor adventure.

With miles of hiking trails, beaches, and scenic drives, the areas surrounding Olema Ranch Campground unfolds with abundant natural beauty. Springtime wildflowers are breathtaking. Summer and Autumn offer ideal weather for exploration or relaxation. And, without fail, winter brings whale watching enthusiasts to the "point" of Point Reyes.

Whether you are seeking a moment of solitude or a chance for group activity, Olema Ranch Campground has a wide variety of summer programming. The opportunities for recreation abound.

[/size]

So far we have twenty sites available in the Ceder and Dogwood areas. If more sign up its no problem to add sites in another wheel.

Cost is $23.00 per day for two people. Any additional campers over 6 years old are $3.00 per day. Dogs are $1.00 per day.

Remember they have only water and electric so bring your totes.

I need a deposit of $23.00 no later that January 27. If you mail a check they will not be deposited until then. You can also pay via paypal to mnikoley@comcast.net ("mnikoley@comcast.net") if you pay by credit card please make the payment $23.97 as it cost me $.97 for the transaction. If mailing a check mail to:

Mike Nikoley
1149 Jamestown Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94087

Attendies:
  • Red neff Barchetta
  • Nick
  • Otter
  • CKKevin
  • RTurner
  • Ab Diver
  • Calstate 360/361
  • abbear
  • Hybrid Holly
  • Zymomyz
  • GSMx2/G-Whiz
  • Surfcal
  • Cookie Masters
  • SCCS
  • 6Quigs
  • Lute & Bonny
  • Rick & Bea
  • Dave
  • Sammyslave
  • Dana & Mike
  • Towrod
  • Clueless
  • Champ521
  • Bryan & Marie Carter
  • Eric & Wendy Boucher (Bushay)
LET ME KNOW IF YOUR MISSING FROM THE LIST.

We have ten sites in Dogwood, ten in Ceder and the rest in Ironwood

We have two sites remaining.  Let me know if you want one!

Remember, January 27 is the cuttoff.

DIRECTIONS

From San Francisco:[/b]
Take Hwy 101 north across the Golden Gate Bridge to Greenbrae. Exit on Sir Francis Drake Blvd., through San Anselmo and Fairfax, 22 miles where it ends at Highway 1 in Olema. Turn right onto Hwy. 1. Located 1/4 miles on left.[/font]

From Santa Rosa:
Take Hwy 101 south to the East Washington exit in Petaluma. Turn right onto East Washington, go into left-hand lane. Turn left onto Lakeville Highway. Turn right onto D Street. D Street will turn into Point Reyes Petaluma Road. Continue on for 20 miles (towards the end you will hit one stop sign, continue on straight. The road turns into Platform Bridge road) to Sir Francis Drake Blvd. turn right. It ends at Hwy. 1 in Olema. Turn right onto Hwy 1. Located 1/4 miles on left.[/font]

From the East Bay over the San Rafael Bridge:
[/b]Take the second exit, Sir Francis Drake Blvd. after the bridge. Follow for 22 miles where it ends at Hwy. 1 in Olema. Turn right onto Hwy 1. Located 1/4 miles on left.[/font]

From Sacramento and Vallejo area:
[/b]Take Hwy 80 to Hwy 37. As you reach Hwy 101, do not get onto Hwy. 101, but take the South Novato Blvd. exit. Follow through Novato for approximately 10 miles until it ends at Point Reyes Petaluma Road. Turn left. Continue on for 10 miles (towards the end you will hit one stop sign, continue on straight, the road turns into Platform Bridge road) to Sir Francis Drake Blvd. turn right. It ends at Hwy. 1 in Olema. Turn onto Hwy 1. Located 1/4 mile on left.[/font]

CAUTION:
If you have a large rig, do not take Lucas Valley Road or Hwy. 1 from the Sausalito exit! IT IS VERY WINDY![/font]

DO NOT follow the Yahoo! road map directions, they are WRONG!

Let me know if you are attending and your not listed as so. We have now filled all the sites so any others I need to call and add additional spots.

1998 Jayco Eagle 12 UDK
1997 Ford Exploder

SCCS

Nick,
 The check went into the mail today. :U

Nick

FYI - I will be depositing the checks this week.

Red neff Barchetta

Nick/Mike -
Do you need any deposits for the horse riding yet?

Thanks again for handling this rally!   :)

Did you buy some smaller pants yet?   :D

zymomyz

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaNick/Mike -

Thanks again for handling this rally!   :)

Did you buy some smaller pants yet?   :D

Jeff,

Sorry to drag this thread off topic a bit...

I ordered the doors and parts for my dinnette end mod last week. They should be here in time for me to make the mod before Olema, so with any luck I'll have something new to show you  ;)

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: zymomyzJeff,

Sorry to drag this thread off topic a bit...

I ordered the doors and parts for my dinnette end mod last week. They should be here in time for me to make the mod before Olema, so with any luck I'll have something new to show you  ;)
Oh yeah!   :cool:  :)
Can't wait to inspect it with a good beer in hand.
Definitely make sure you do this mod. before Olema as you'll be busy at Olema doing the screen door mod. to my PU.   :D

zymomyz

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaOh yeah!   :cool:  :)
Can't wait to inspect it with a good beer in hand.
Definitely make sure you do this mod. before Olema as you'll be busy at Olema doing the screen door mod. to my PU.   :D

For yours I think we need to take the door mod to the next level  :rolleyes:  let's put in an autmatic door opener with it  ;)

And, seriously, a good mod tour is always better with nice cold beer in hand  :D

Red neff Barchetta

Attention G's!!
Be sure to have your outside stove all nice and squeaky clean at Olema as I was just telling Zie-moe-mise (over "there") about your mod. that you had a friend do for you.
Knowing Z, he'll analyze yours and have his completed before the end of the rally!   :D  :cool:

g-whiz

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaAttention G's!!
Be sure to have your outside stove all nice and squeaky clean at Olema as I was just telling Zie-moe-mise (over "there") about your mod. that you had a friend do for you.
Knowing Z, he'll analyze yours and have his completed before the end of the rally! :D :cool:
Ok Neff!  Thanks for the warning.  I'll be calling Molly Maid to set up the appointment! ;)

Surfcal

Yes G:

The Mod Squad Motto:

To be a Model,
To Modify,
To Modernize,
To Modulate,
without Moderation.

Surfcal

Nick

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaNick/Mike -

Thanks again for handling this rally! :)

Did you buy some smaller pants yet? :D
Hey Neff,
I'll find out today about the deposit.

Nick

Nick

Just talked to our contact at Olema and they are now booked solid.  So, if your a late commer sorry.  If you're still interested let me know and I'll tell them to call me if there is a cancellation.