RE: " Reyes the Roof Again" Rally - Feb. 27 - 29

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Sep 24, 2003, 08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Great story and mental pictures Dave!   :)
Good job on the running too!

Surfcal

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaRay -
Funny you should mention "Brothers In Arms".
There is a rumor that Dire Straits will be opening for Rush on part of their 30th anniversary tour this summer.  Sure hope it's for the western US leg of the tour as I've got tix for all 3 greater Bay Area shows.   :)

If that's going to happen, you got me for all three events.  I love Dire Straits.

I was once zipping along the Bay Bridge in my 280ZX with Dire Straits in full blast when the car I was following suddenly pulled out of my lane to reveal a stalled car.  Being in boxed in my lane, I tried to stop in time but plowed underneath the stalled car, then I heard a car behind me screech, then the crash, and then another.

And when the dust settled, with a view of the undercarriage of the car through my windshield, my stereo was still blasting, cheerily playing, "do the walk of life."

Brothers in Arms,
Surfcal

Surfcal

Quote from: Ab DiverBWT.... did 5 miles on my lunchbreak yesterday, right in the middle of all those gale force winds and torrential rain at the coast. Ran along a cliff-side trail at the Sea Ranch south of Gualala, right next to the breakers on the rocks. Man, talk about fun! But I had to keep my head down as I ran--- I was afraid that my Tilly hat would catch the wind and I'd take off like the Flying Nun. :D  I surprised a seagull as I came around a bend in the trail, and it took flight straight into the wind trying to get away from me. The poor thing finally took a right turn and rocketed away, after it realized I was actually gaining on it.

Funniest thing was passing some of the homes of the rich-and-not-so-famous. As I passed the palatial estate of Throckmorton Preston (call me Pinky) Moneybags III, I saw old Maude Moneybags gasp in shock to see me run past their picture window. I could see her yelling for Pinky to come look at that crazy man outside, running in the storm. I passed out of sight before he arrived, leaving old lady Moneybags looking like John Lithgow's character in the Twilight Zone movie. ("There's somebody on the wing!")  Hehehehe.

Congratulations Ab Diver.  That must be exhilarating.  You must get that runner's high.  I get the same thing after running up a flight of stairs.

Surfcal

RTurner

I will join the group of "listers"-
We will bring tri-tip and some (non-Atkins) rice for dinner potluck.

towrod

I see oysters, chowder, tri-tip and rice on the, errr...unofficial portfolio of tentative potluck possibilities. :rolleyes:

I'll sign us(DS) up to bring Jambalaya.....

Did I mention I was bringing Homebrew???;)

Unregistered

Wow, a "LIST!"

Towrod -  Kegs of beer and Jambalaya
Calstates - Clam Chowda
RTurner - Tritip (NNC's official meat)

Anonymous

ckkevin

Quote from: RTurnerHey Kevin,
Refresh my memory, what ATV did you get?  Let me know about where you're at and maybe we can hook up to go riding.  We were just out at Carnegie this last weekend.  The "boys" are going to Foresthill this weekend and then we're back to Carnegie for a day trip.

We have a Yamaha Big Bear 400.  We had a great time at Oceana Dunes last weekend.  Even extended the trip by one day.  We left Thursday evening and came back Tuesday night.  There wasn't much wind so the dunes got a little choppy over the weekend.  I clocked 75 miles on the ATV.

We live up in the Mariposa area near Yosemite.  There are actually some great trails in the foothills around here.  We will have to compare notes at the next rally and plan a trip.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: SurfcalIf that's going to happen, you got me for all three events.  I love Dire Straits.

I was once zipping along the Bay Bridge in my 280ZX with Dire Straits in full blast when the car I was following suddenly pulled out of my lane to reveal a stalled car.  Being in boxed in my lane, I tried to stop in time but plowed underneath the stalled car, then I heard a car behind me screech, then the crash, and then another.

And when the dust settled, with a view of the undercarriage of the car through my windshield, my stereo was still blasting, cheerily playing, "do the walk of life."

Brothers in Arms,
Surfcal
Ray,
Glad you survived that scare.   :)
This is too weird.  How have we never talked about this before?;
Many moons ago I was jamming to Rush in my Datsun 240 (earliest model of the 260 and then the 280) on my way from Nevada City to Santa Rosa to pick up some friends and then head to a Rush concert that night.  Well, around Napa I was going around a lazy curve when all of a sudden a car is headed right for me in my lane!  I veered off to the right and rolled 3 times down an embankment where a piece of rebar (the stuff that holds up barbed wire fences) pierced through my roof and stuck in the passenger seat!  If a passenger had been with me they would have been pierced for sure!  I came to a rest with a song called "Jacobs Ladder" still playing.  The guy drove off, but the police found him drunk in a ditch a few miles away with his 11 month old DD.
I had my car towed to Santa Rosa, borrowed a friend's Mom's "Carol Brady (Bunch)" station-wagon (complete with wood paneling), and went to the show, lol.  Never found my friends (it was general seating at the Cow Palace), but still had fun.
Oh yeah, the idiot got 4 years in jail too (he had prior arrests)!   :)  :)

SCCS

Quote from: towrodDid I mention I was bringing Homebrew???;)
Don't forget to bring Homebrew's twin brother as well. :D

g-whiz

Add me to the LIST, but you have to guess what I'm bringing!!! ;)

gsm x2

Quote from: UnregisteredWow, a "LIST!"

Towrod - Kegs of beer and Jambalaya
Calstates - Clam Chowda
RTurner - Tritip (NNC's official meat)

Anonymous
Hmm, a list at a potluck.  So what will the Miller's bring?

What will the Miller's bring?  What will the Miller's bring?

I think I'll go watch Forrest Gump; perhaps I'll think of something...

gsm x2

gsm x2

Quote from: g-whizAdd me to the LIST, but you have to guess what I'm bringing!!! ;)
Great minds....

gsm x2

zymomyz

Well, doesn't look like it's claimed yet, so I guess I'll have to do it again... I'm bringing my appetite...and a powerful thirst  :D  :D  :D

Red neff Barchetta

And I'll be working up quite a thirst myself dragging Rod's kegs over to my site.   :cool:

towrod

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaAnd I'll be working up quite a thirst myself dragging Rod's kegs over to my site.   :cool:

Jeff - these are only wee little 5 gallon kegs -
very easy to handle when drained and I imagine that you, Steve and Mike will have emptied them long before the Potluck starts....:J