RE: " Reyes the Roof Again" Rally - Feb. 27 - 29

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Sep 24, 2003, 08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hybrid Holly

Saturday morning aebleskiver....

zymomyz

Quote from: Hybrid HollySaturday morning aebleskiver....

I am definitely make sure I role out of bed a little sooner Saturday morning than I did at Chabot (read, a few less Blue Fins Friday evening  ;)  ;) )

towrod

Quote from: zymomyzI am definitely make sure I role out of bed a little sooner Saturday morning than I did at Chabot (read, a few less Blue Fins Friday evening  ;)  ;) )

Yes the aebleskivers are to die for - no homebrew raffle tix for Z on Friday night.....
OK maybe 1.......;)

Ca-girl

After some not-so-subtle arm twisting from our beloved wagon master of this rally, I may be showing up just for the potluck on Saturday.  How can I resist the pull of NNC??

RTurner

Quote from: Ca-girlAfter some not-so-subtle arm twisting from our beloved wagon master of this rally, I may be showing up just for the potluck on Saturday.  How can I resist the pull of NNC??

Yeah!!! Once we get you around the flashlight campfire with some ood drinks you may be the first to pass out on our dance floor/cargo area

zymomyz

Quote from: TowrodYes the aebleskivers are to die for - no homebrew raffle tix for Z on Friday night.....
OK maybe 1.......

Dang !!! well, I guess it better be a BIG one  :p  :p  :p

SCCS

Just sitting hear thinking on what to bring to the potluck. :confused: I know what to bring, TURKEY. :D Only problem, no deep fryer. :( If someone would like to bring the fryer I will bring the turkey.ANY TAKERS?????????

Ab Diver

Sheesh, had to go back almost a whole month to find Nick's post of Olema specifics--- not like Casini where Neff posted all 100,000 words of his campground dissertation every other day.  Nick, you're droppin' the ball, bud. ;)

Dang, drat, and rats... a guy at work hurt himself, so we are down one driver. I was gunna get Friday off from work, but now it looks as though I have to work a full day before driving to Olema. Look for us just in time to watch the ending credits of the Tonight Show. :mad:

Anybody got a clue what to expect for the weather? Weather.com only gives the closest local forecast for Santa Rosa. As usual, we'll bring waaaaaay to much stuff, but if anybody (anyone... Bueller?) happens to be in our neck of the woods this week they can stop by and pick up our 12x12 easy-up canopy and my 20x30 foot "pool cover" tarp. That way the group can have them to stay dry Friday night.

Bought all the trip supplies yesterday, today is trailer-preppin' day. In the rain, of course. Sigh....

BTW... Bought a small GPS unit for runners, the Garmin Forerunner 201. Tried it out yesterday. It measured my run at 8.03 miles. Pretty cool-- as it lists distance, time, pace, a virtual running partner, "breadcrumb" return route, and a whole slew of bells and whistles I haven't figured out yet. But it's neat to see the numbers change as you run and *know* how far you've gone on an unmarked route. It also works for bikes, and a handlebar mount can be ordered for it.  Ray, if you haven't seen something like this before, I think you'll get a kick out of this little gizmo. (How's that for trying to entice him to show up?)

Ok, gotta go... my Sunday morning breakfast of sausage infused country gravy and biscuits needs attending to so it doesn't burn.

6Quigs

Quote from: SCCSJust sitting hear thinking on what to bring to the potluck. :confused: I know what to bring, TURKEY. :D Only problem, no deep fryer. :( If someone would like to bring the fryer I will bring the turkey.ANY TAKERS?????????
No problem Scott.
I wasn't intending to use it this trip, so you are more than welcome to use it
I'll bring the pot, burner and the peanut oil.

calstate360

Quote from: Ab DiverAnybody got a clue what to expect for the weather? Weather.com only gives the closest local forecast for Santa Rosa. As usual, we'll bring waaaaaay to much stuff, but if anybody (anyone... Bueller?) happens to be in our neck of the woods this week they can stop by and pick up our 12x12 easy-up canopy and my 20x30 foot "pool cover" tarp. That way the group can have them to stay dry Friday night. /QUOTE]

How about RAIN!!!!

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/94950?lswe=94950&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USLocalStd.asp?loc=uscact19117&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=Forecasts&product=Forecast&prodnav=none&pid=none

It looks like we will be swiming. :mad:

Sal

Surfcal

Quote from: Ab DiverBTW... Bought a small GPS unit for runners, the Garmin Forerunner 201. Tried it out yesterday. It measured my run at 8.03 miles. Pretty cool-- as it lists distance, time, pace, a virtual running partner, "breadcrumb" return route, and a whole slew of bells and whistles I haven't figured out yet. But it's neat to see the numbers change as you run and *know* how far you've gone on an unmarked route. It also works for bikes, and a handlebar mount can be ordered for it.  Ray, if you haven't seen something like this before, I think you'll get a kick out of this little gizmo. (How's that for trying to entice him to show up?)

Ab Diver:

Thanks for the enticement and it bums me out I can't go.  I have to leave on Thursday for an out of town event.  I'll be at the other end of California on the coast.  I can't even drink beer because I don't really drink during events just to keep my focus and wherewithall.

But I do have a GPS and I love all the different models.  I use one for Geocaching.  About the only people I know who don't like them are Scott Peterson and Mark Geragos.  But I am sure all the publicity is spurring some sales.  I also have the car version and use it on out of town trips and it is priceless.

Well, if nothing else, you can use the GPS trying to get to Olema in the dark.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

I'm another believer in GPS!   :)
If only Columbus had been properly equipped.

Well, it's a great day.  I'm off to pick up the PU and bring it home for a day.  Then it goes in to have the new Fantastic Vent (model 5000rbt) installed.   :)   I'd try it myself, but don't want to void the ever precious ABS roof ( :( ) warranty.
I hope it stops raining enough next w/e so that I can run the vent at least long enough to ensure it's working properly!

Btw, if anyone is ever going to buy a Fantastic Vent I found a TERRIFIC supplier in OH.  This guy called me 4 times using his personal cell phone before we finally caught up with one another.  I actually got to choose the color, trim color, dome style, profile dimensions, etc...!  Try getting that type of service at Camping World.  They just send whatever is in the box that came from the manufacturer.  If everything was calculated properly, the vent should only protrude below the ceiling 1/8 - 1/4"!  This gives me a number of places to have the vent installed instead of the generic a/c "prepped" spot.  I'll make the final decision Tuesday morning when I pop-up the PU with the RV mechanic (I despise our local dealer so I found a Fleetwood authorized (have a letter from them) mechanic) who will be doing the work.  My first choice should work fine provided we can come up with a clean way to run the wires back to the nearest electrical source.

zymomyz

Quote from: Red neff Barchetta...Well, it's a great day.  I'm off to pick up the PU and bring it home for a day.  Then it goes in to have the new Fantastic Vent (model 5000rbt) installed.   :)   I'd try it myself, but don't want to void the ever precious ABS roof ( :( ) warranty.
I hope it stops raining enough next w/e so that I can run the vent at least long enough to ensure it's working properly!

Jeff,

Gee, I'm just a little disappointed you're not performing this mod yourself - Oz would  ;) . However, I am still looking forward to seeing it completed next weekend.

BTW, did you ever get the rig weighed ?

SCCS

Quote from: 6QuigsNo problem Scott.
I wasn't intending to use it this trip, so you are more than welcome to use it
I'll bring the pot, burner and the peanut oil.

Thanks Kevin, but you will have to give me a lesson on it.Will one tank of propane be enough for it to cook.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: The guy who's going to give Jeff some of his beer tokensGee, I'm just a little disappointed you're not performing this mod yourself - Oz would

:mad:
Must be nice to have an AlumiTite roof like you or the kahones like Oz.   :D
But at least mine doesn't have any seams.

Quote from: The guy who's going to give Jeff ALL of his beer tokensBTW, did you ever get the rig weighed ?

No, the flu hit this household pretty bad in January so I never took the PU to the scale.  I was going to do it on my way out of town to Chabot.
I'll get to it eventually, but don't want to bother with it on Friday morning in the mud and rain as we head towards Olema.

See everyone on Friday!

Dave -
Sounds like you're the lucky one who gets the site next to the bathrooms.  Try not to wake me up when you arrive.  Thanks!   :D