RE: " Reyes the Roof Again" Rally - Feb. 27 - 29

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Sep 24, 2003, 08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

You know you're camping soon when you find yourself topping off the air pressure in all 8 tires, checking lug nuts, filling LP tanks, etc...
Whoohoo!  Can hardly wait!   :)

6Quigs

Quote from: SCCSThanks Kevin, but you will have to give me a lesson on it.Will one tank of propane be enough for it to cook.
Sorry Scott, If Towrod has brought home brew, you're on your own, but there are instructions on the box ;)

It takes 3 and a half minutes per pound, so a 20 pound turkey takes 1 hour and 10 minutes to cook, so it doesn't use too much propane. I'm down one tank of propane, as I had to sell the Niagara with one, which is the one I had been borrowing for the turkey fryer. I do have 2 tanks on the tongue of my hybrid, so we can always borrow one of those.

SCCS

Thanks Kevin for the info,but I'll be in the front of the line for the homebrew,then off to cook. I have an extra tank so their is no need to use yours.
 BTW, I have two way's to get to Olema. Which one would be better to travel on?

1. Sir Francis Drake Blvd.    

2. Novato Blvd to Pt Reyes-Petaluma Rd to Platform Bridge Rd. to Sir Francis Drake Blvd.

The reason I ask is because Platform Bridge Rd looks like a small country back road.

Unregistered

Hi everyone, it's fmr_ca_guy_001 (@yahoo). Tania has dumped me after twelve years. I'm devestated. She is much happier now though. I'm sure she'll fill you all in this weekend. I'll miss you guys...  Kevin.

gsm x2

We went to Costco for shrimp and cheese and Trader Joe's for wine.  We must be getting ready to go camping.:)

gsm x2

g-whiz

Speaking of wine, I remember only one winery being located in the Olema area.  Is that right?  Well, I went to TJ's and purchased some off-the-wall wines and am proposing that we conduct our own wine tasting event.  Anyone interested???  ;) ;)

towrod

Quote from: SCCS... Which one would be better to travel on?

1. Sir Francis Drake Blvd.    

2. Novato Blvd to Pt Reyes-Petaluma Rd to Platform Bridge Rd. to Sir Francis Drake Blvd.

The reason I ask is because Platform Bridge Rd looks like a small country back road.

I too am curious about the best route :confused:
#2 above is the Official directions from //www.Olemaranch.com but I have never made the trip yet?  

There must be lots of opinions out there?

g-whiz

Quote from: towrodI too am curious about the best route :confused:
#2 above is the Official directions from www.Olemaranch.com but I have never made the trip yet?

There must be lots of opinions out there?
I don't know anything EXCEPT don't take the PCH!  That stretch of road from Pt. Reyes to Santa Cruz was the only ride that almost made me car sick.

towrod

Quote from: UnregisteredHi everyone, it's fmr_ca_guy_001 (@yahoo). Tania has dumped me after twelve years. I'm devestated. She is much happier now though. I'm sure she'll fill you all in this weekend. I'll miss you guys...  Kevin.

I am stunned. :eek:
Am I reading this right? :(

Surfcal

Quote from: g-whizSpeaking of wine, I remember only one winery being located in the Olema area.  Is that right?  Well, I went to TJ's and purchased some off-the-wall wines and am proposing that we conduct our own wine tasting event.  Anyone interested???  ;) ;)

Geeeeeeeeee!!!!!

There's always that fine winery in a bottle called Me-chee-gen wine.  That should be a treat along with deep fried turkey.

Surfcal

g-whiz

Quote from: SurfcalGeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

There's always that fine winery in a bottle called Me-chee-gen wine. That should be a treat along with deep fried turkey.

Surfcal
Raaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Shhh... don't tell.  I'm changing the labels as we speak!   Btw, I have a bottle of Port (not made in Me-chee-gen) I've been saving for when you show up at a rally.  

G

towrod

Quote from: Ab DiverSNIP...

Anybody got a clue what to expect for the weather? Weather.com only gives the closest local forecast for Santa Rosa. ...

Well weatherunderground forecasts a 20% chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday.  Roll the dice and take your chances.

Ab Diver

Quote from: UnregisteredHi everyone, it's fmr_ca_guy_001 (@yahoo). Tania has dumped me after twelve years. I'm devestated. She is much happier now though. I'm sure she'll fill you all in this weekend. I'll miss you guys... Kevin.

.... (sigh)

either someone is on a fishing expedition, or this is sad news.  Take care, both of you.

Dave--- remembering a fun trip we all shared in Yosemite.

Ab Diver

Quote from: towrodWell weatherunderground forecasts a 20% chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday. Roll the dice and take your chances.
Now these are chances I can live with. The weather pattern a couple days ago pretty much suggested we start rounding up all the animals two by two.

Just got home from my *final* day of jury selection. That makes day six. (Yeah, it's a big trial.) Today was the first day I was moved up from the jury pool. They asked me a few questions, to which I gave honest answers. Suddenly, there's LOTS of papers ruffling around by one side of the courtroom. Then the Defense quickly thanked and excused, without cause, the (potential) juror sitting in chair #3.

Now, I ask you, who wouldn't want a cynical redneck like me sitting on their jury???? :rolleyes:

g-whiz

Quote from: towrodWell weatherunderground forecasts a 20% chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday. Roll the dice and take your chances.
That means 80% chance of sunshine and blue skies!!!! :S