RE: " Reyes the Roof Again" Rally - Feb. 27 - 29

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Sep 24, 2003, 08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: UnregisteredHi everyone, it's fmr_ca_guy_001 (@yahoo). Tania has dumped me after twelve years. I'm devestated. She is much happier now though. I'm sure she'll fill you all in this weekend. I'll miss you guys...  Kevin.

Hey Tania and Kevin,
sorry to hear this...

6Quigs

Remembering where we are going again
Updated 1/2/04??
Olema Ranch Campground
Enjoy an unparalleled camping experience in natural beauty and splendor!
Olema Ranch Campground is the only privately-owned, public campground serving our six magnificent park systems - Point Reyes National Seashore, Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Samuel P. Taylor State Park, Mount Tamalpais State Park and Muir Woods National Monument, Tomales Bay State Park. Olema Ranch is a full service campground facility offering the utmost in convenience and comfort, and is surrounded by the Point Reyes National Seashore park system. The head quarters is a short walk from the campground. The campground features both natural forest and open meadow camping areas. Olema Ranch Campground is also located just one hour north of San Francisco and one hour West of the Napa Valley wine country.[/font]

About Olema Ranch Campground

Family owned and operated since 1969, Olema Ranch offers a wide variety of attractions and accommodations the whole family can enjoy. In the midst of a breathtaking national forest sits this beautifully landscaped thirty-two acre campground. Situated on Highway One in the tiny town of Olema, one hour north of San Francisco and two and one half miles south of Point Reyes Station, Olema Ranch Campground is an ideal destination for a peaceful retreat or an outdoor adventure.

With miles of hiking trails, beaches, and scenic drives, the areas surrounding Olema Ranch Campground unfolds with abundant natural beauty. Springtime wildflowers are breathtaking. Summer and Autumn offer ideal weather for exploration or relaxation. And, without fail, winter brings whale watching enthusiasts to the "point" of Point Reyes.

[/size]

Cost is $23.00 per day for two people. Any additional campers over 6 years old are $3.00 per day. Dogs are $1.00 per day.

Remember they have only water and electric so bring your totes.

Attendies:
  • Red neff Barchetta
  • Nick
  • Otter
  • CKKevin
  • RTurner
  • Ab Diver
  • Calstate 360/361
  • abbear
  • Hybrid Holly
  • Zymomyz
  • GSMx2/G-Whiz
  • Cookie Masters
  • SCCS
  • 6Quigs
  • Lute & Bonny
  • Rick & Bea
  • Craig
  • Sammyslave
  • Dana & Mike
  • Towrod
  • Clueless
  • Champ521
  • Bryan & Marie Carter
  • Eric & Wendy Boucher (Bushay)
LET ME KNOW IF YOUR MISSING FROM THE LIST.

We have ten sites in Dogwood, ten in Ceder and the rest in Ironwood

DIRECTIONS

From San Francisco:[/b]
Take Hwy 101 north across the Golden Gate Bridge to Greenbrae. Exit on Sir Francis Drake Blvd., through San Anselmo and Fairfax, 22 miles where it ends at Highway 1 in Olema. Turn right onto Hwy. 1. Located 1/4 miles on left.[/font]

From Santa Rosa:
Take Hwy 101 south to the East Washington exit in Petaluma. Turn right onto East Washington, go into left-hand lane. Turn left onto Lakeville Highway. Turn right onto D Street. D Street will turn into Point Reyes Petaluma Road. Continue on for 20 miles (towards the end you will hit one stop sign, continue on straight. The road turns into Platform Bridge road) to Sir Francis Drake Blvd. turn right. It ends at Hwy. 1 in Olema. Turn right onto Hwy 1. Located 1/4 miles on left.[/font]

From the East Bay over the San Rafael Bridge:
[/b]Take the second exit, Sir Francis Drake Blvd. after the bridge. Follow for 22 miles where it ends at Hwy. 1 in Olema. Turn right onto Hwy 1. Located 1/4 miles on left.[/font]

From Sacramento and Vallejo area:
[/b]Take Hwy 80 to Hwy 37. As you reach Hwy 101, do not get onto Hwy. 101, but take the South Novato Blvd. exit. Follow through Novato for approximately 10 miles until it ends at Point Reyes Petaluma Road. Turn left. Continue on for 10 miles (towards the end you will hit one stop sign, continue on straight, the road turns into Platform Bridge road) to Sir Francis Drake Blvd. turn right. It ends at Hwy. 1 in Olema. Turn onto Hwy 1. Located 1/4 mile on left.[/font]

CAUTION:
If you have a large rig, do not take Lucas Valley Road or Hwy. 1 from the Sausalito exit! IT IS VERY WINDY![/font]

DO NOT follow the Yahoo! road map directions, they are WRONG!

1998 Jayco Eagle 12 UDK
1997 Ford Exploder
[/QUOTE]

zymomyz

Quote from: 6QuigsRemembering where we are going again

Geeee, I sure hope it means we'll be camping  ;) . I'll take a site in either Cedar, Dogwood or Ironwood  :rolleyes:

ckkevin

Just as an FYI.  We should be arriving Friday evening between 5-6.  Like Zymomyz, we would like a site in in either Cedar, Dogwood or Ironwood.

Oh btw, do we need to bring totes? :D

towrod

Quote from: Ab Diver.... (sigh)

either someone is on a fishing expedition, or this is sad news.  Take care, both of you.

Dave--- remembering a fun trip we all shared in Yosemite.

No, I'm afraid it is true.....SAD NEWS INDEED. :( :( :(

otter

Quote from: UnregisteredHi everyone, it's fmr_ca_guy_001 (@yahoo). Tania has dumped me after twelve years. I'm devestated. She is much happier now though. I'm sure she'll fill you all in this weekend. I'll miss you guys... Kevin.
Kevin and Tania:  so sorry to hear this!  Life does throw us curves that is for sure.  
What does this do to our spades game?  Hey partner......
hugs to you both

otter

We should get there on Friday mid day.
I'm ready for it too.  It has been tooooooo long.
Thanks Nick for all the directions and lists and of course for setting it all up.
I'm already for a Saturday pot luck, potstickers and chocolate fondue, back by popular demand.  
Anything else I need to know about?  Are we pot lucking Sat breakfast or Friday dinner?  I know there is always enough if not too much food, but am trying not to pack the entire kitchen.
I know Beer, beer and more beer.  I have some port I have been saving too,  I'll bring it along.  
Hugs

SCCS

Quote from: UnregisteredHi everyone, it's fmr_ca_guy_001 (@yahoo). Tania has dumped me after twelve years. I'm devestated. She is much happier now though. I'm sure she'll fill you all in this weekend. I'll miss you guys...  Kevin.
Kevin, say it's not so! :eek:  
Tania, say it's not so! :eek:

RTurner

Hugs and prayers to you both. Although this is a difficult time for you each individually, remember the little ones will need the most hugs from BOTH of you!

6Quigs

When I read this first, I thought it had to be a joke, but now that Rod can confirmed it, we are both very sorry to hear it.
You will both be in our prayers, along with your two girls.

Red neff Barchetta

Yeah, I also thought it was a joke.
Ray rabble rousing or something.

Sorry to hear about this Tania & Kevin.
Take care of those terrific kids!

otter

Hey Nick:
Lon's plans have changed yet again and we CAN come on Thursday.  
Is that still OK????  
What time can we come without paying an extra charge?
email me or post, I'll check them both tomorrow

YIpppppppe

gsm x2

We'll be on the road Wednesday night...in the rain it looks like, but never-you-mind because we'll motel it around 11:00.  That should get us into SJ before 11:00 a.m. and to Olema by....well whenever we get there.  We'll be ON VACATION so time is not a factor at that point.

gsm x2

Nick

Quote from: otterHey Nick:
Lon's plans have changed yet again and we CAN come on Thursday.
Is that still OK????
What time can we come without paying an extra charge?
email me or post, I'll check them both tomorrow

YIpppppppe
Hey Diane,
I'll call the campground today and add you for Thursday.  I plan on arriving at around 1:00pm and I dont think I'll get charged extra.

Hey Everyone,
Sorry I have not been very active the last week.  I started my classes to get the MCSE cert.  Plus last week we end up getting a worm on our main server that basiclly made a share out of the server.   Had like 458,000 external users on it.  You can imagine what that did to our LAN.  Anyway enouth technobable.  I'll see you either Thursday or Friday.  Remeber to bring your totes and tarps.  Might be a good idea to bring lots of rope for stringing tarps.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: Mr. RomanticPlus last week we end up getting a worm on our main server that basiclly made a share out of the server.   Had like 458,000 external users on it.  You can imagine what that did to our LAN.
Is this the type of sweet nothings you whisper into Michelle's ear Mike?!   :D