RE: " Reyes the Roof Again" Rally - Feb. 27 - 29

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Sep 24, 2003, 08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

After having attended the FALLing Turkeys Rally, I have now come to believe that there are two types of people.  They are people who have not eaten Fried Turkey and those who have.

If you have not had fried turkey, you don't know what you're missing.  And for those who have tried it, it is like your taste buds have been reborn, a gastronomical epiphany for the lack of more descriptive words.

Life becomes measured in terms of when you had fried turkey last, who you had it with and when the next time is that you'll be chomping on it again.  I offer this insight for those who have not seen the light (meat that is) if you've only been in the dark (meat that is) in pursuit of moist and delicious meat.

The fried turkey has carved a tender spot in our hearts and I make no bones about it.  I am starting a movement within NNC that it becomes a standard practice during all NNC rallies.  The fried turkey deserves a Hall of Fame place in our food lineup alongside the venerable tri-tip.

NNC, a wonderful place to find good friends and great eats.

Surfcal

gsm x2

I have never had a deep-fried turkey.  After Surfcal's portrayal, I can't wait.  We could do it tomorrow, but....  don't have a clue how to do it.

Is it February yet???

Scott

otter

It was my first deep fried turkey!  And it was yummy.  But then I've never met a turkey I didn't like.  And I've never been atoa rally where we didn't VERY VERY well.  Do we do it again? sure.  At every rally?  nah.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  We grilled our bird and it was good, but you can't make soup from the bones, unless you like that heavy b b q flavor.  
Lon comes home next Saturday.  YIIIIPPPPPEEEEE
Livin on left overs
Dianne

otter

Hi NIck.  Glad you are feeling better.  You and yours were sure missed last weekend.  
I am looking forward to Olema, but Lon is not back from Spain yet to clear with him.  I always seem to be the last to decide.  Can I hold off another few weeks, or should I send a nights and see how it goes?

And, everyone, do I remember that Cachuma is a pay when you get there kinda place?  
hugs
dianne

gsm x2

Quote from: otterAnd, everyone, do I remember that Cachuma is a pay when you get there kinda place?  
hugs
dianne

Exactly correct Diane.  First Come/First Served...no reservations available.

Will you be trying to convoy down again this year again, or was once enough with Feather Foot Larry enough for you?  Actually now that they have their "bigger than any human should own" Suburban, Larry seems to move down the highway well.  And the construction at the Cuesta Grade is completed.  Much much much better descent now.

Less than 4 weeks.  See you all there.

gsm x2

gsm x2

Nick,

G sent our deposit in via Pay Pal last night.

We're in! We're in!

gsm x2

OC Campers

This may be OC Campers first official NNC campout.  When is the latest we can
let you know?   I don't want to miss out if we are up there but still don't have set in stone plans with the transfer.   May just have to play this one by ear or send a nights fee and cancel if we aren't there yet.  What would you prefer?

Jacqui

Surfcal

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaBtw Z -
Don't forget to join (it's free) our Yahoo site.  It's mostly for when PUT is down so we can keep our serious discussions going and keep in touch.

Oh yeah, here's the Yahoo site if you haven't found it yet;
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Nick-Neff-Cough/

Neff:

Can you take ownership of that NNC site?  Y-Guy has been trying to get someone to sign off on it.

Surfcal

otter

GSMx2:  Hi there!!!   I would be delighted to follow Larry and Ria down,  and that may be the way it works.  
At this point however AB Diver and family are trying to come as far as our house on the 26th and we would caravan down on the 27th.  
I'll stay in touch with Larry and see what their plans are.  
It may be only 4 weeks, but what a set of weeks.  That is 27 Christmas presents, 3 birthdays, 35 dozen Christmas cookies, 56 walks with the dogs later.....
hugs

Nick

Got to keep up with Jeff posting rally details on every page so here goes.

Olema Ranch Campground
Enjoy an unparalleled camping experience in natural beauty and splendor!
Olema Ranch Campground is the only privately-owned, public campground serving our six magnificent park systems - Point Reyes National Seashore, Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Samuel P. Taylor State Park, Mount Tamalpais State Park and Muir Woods National Monument, Tomales Bay State Park. Olema Ranch is a full service campground facility offering the utmost in convenience and comfort, and is surrounded by the Point Reyes National Seashore park system. The head quarters is a short walk from the campground. The campground features both natural forest and open meadow camping areas. Olema Ranch Campground is also located just one hour north of San Francisco and one hour West of the Napa Valley wine country.

About Olema Ranch Campground

Family owned and operated since 1969, Olema Ranch offers a wide variety of attractions and accommodations the whole family can enjoy. In the midst of a breathtaking national forest sits this beautifully landscaped thirty-two acre campground. Situated on Highway One in the tiny town of Olema, one hour north of San Francisco and two and one half miles south of Point Reyes Station, Olema Ranch Campground is an ideal destination for a peaceful retreat or an outdoor adventure.

With miles of hiking trails, beaches, and scenic drives, the areas surrounding Olema Ranch Campground unfolds with abundant natural beauty. Springtime wildflowers are breathtaking. Summer and Autumn offer ideal weather for exploration or relaxation. And, without fail, winter brings whale watching enthusiasts to the "point" of Point Reyes.

Whether you are seeking a moment of solitude or a chance for group activity, Olema Ranch Campground has a wide variety of summer programming. The opportunities for recreation abound.

[/size]

So far we have twenty sites available in the Ceder and Dogwood areas. If more sign up its no problem to add sites in another wheel.

Cost is $23.00 per day for two people. Any additional campers over 6 years old are $3.00 per day. Dogs are $1.00 per day.

Remember they have only water and electric so bring your totes.

I need a deposit of $23.00 no later that January 27. If you mail a check they will not be deposited until then. You can also pay via paypal to mnikoley@comcast.net ("mnikoley@comcast.net") if you pay by credit card please make the payment $23.97 as it cost me $.97 for the transaction. If mailing a check mail to:

Mike Nikoley
1149 Jamestown Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94087

Paid Attendies:
GSMX2's $23.00
CKKeven $23.00
Holly $23.00
RJTurner $23.00
CalState $75.00
Clueless $23.00
Neff $23.00
Nick $50.00

Remember, January 27 is the cuttoff.

DIRECTIONS
From San Francisco:[/b]
Take Hwy 101 north across the Golden Gate Bridge to Greenbrae. Exit on Sir Francis Drake Blvd., through San Anselmo and Fairfax, 22 miles where it ends at Highway 1 in Olema.   Turn right onto Hwy. 1.  Located 1/4 miles on left.

From Santa Rosa:
Take Hwy 101 south to the East Washington exit in Petaluma.  Turn right onto East Washington, go into left-hand lane.  Turn left onto Lakeville Highway.  Turn right onto D Street.  D Street will turn into Point Reyes Petaluma Road.  Continue on for 20 miles (towards the end you will hit one stop sign, continue on straight.  The road turns into Platform Bridge road) to Sir Francis Drake Blvd. turn right.  It ends at Hwy. 1 in Olema.  Turn right onto Hwy 1.  Located 1/4 miles on left.

From the East Bay over the San Rafael Bridge:
Take the second exit, Sir Francis Drake Blvd. after the bridge.  Follow for 22 miles where it ends at Hwy. 1 in Olema.  Turn right onto Hwy 1.  Located 1/4 miles on left.

From Sacramento and Vallejo area:
Take Hwy 80 to Hwy 37.  As you reach Hwy 101, do not get onto Hwy. 101, but take the South Novato Blvd. exit.  Follow through Novato for approximately 10 miles until it ends at Point Reyes Petaluma Road.  Turn left.  Continue on for 10 miles (towards the end you will hit one stop sign, continue on straight, the road turns into Platform Bridge road) to Sir Francis Drake Blvd. turn right.  It ends at Hwy. 1 in Olema.  Turn onto Hwy 1.  Located 1/4 mile on left.

CAUTION:
If you have a large rig, do not take Lucas Valley Road or Hwy. 1 from the Sausalito exit!   IT IS VERY WINDY!

DO NOT follow the Yahoo! road map directions, they are WRONG!

Red neff Barchetta

Mike -
Very cool trick!

Teach me how to do that.

I thought you had typed with invisible pixels until I inadvertantly left-clicked on your post.
Like magic words appeared as I scrolled the mouse down.

Btw, your "big post" is pretty short and in a color font too close to the background color.   :D

Red neff Barchetta

Fine.

Change it before everyone see's so I look like I'm trippin', lol.

Red neff Barchetta

~~~ Cost is $23.00 per day for two people. Any additional campers over 6 years old are $3.00 per day. Dogs are $1.00 per day.

Paid Attendies:
CalState $75.00
Nick $50.00 ~~~

Holy smokes Mike!
How many extra kids over 6 and dogs are you and Sal bringing anyway?!

Nick

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaMike -
Very cool trick!

Teach me how to do that.

I thought you had typed with invisible pixels until I inadvertantly left-clicked on your post.
Like magic words appeared as I scrolled the mouse down.

Btw, your "big post" is pretty short and in a color font too close to the background color. :D
I have no idea what I did:(   I kept clicking edit and retyping the entire thing cause I thought the forum was messing up.  Then I inadvertantly left-clicked ans saw it was all hidden.:D

Nick

Quote from: Red neff Barchetta~~~ Cost is $23.00 per day for two people. Any additional campers over 6 years old are $3.00 per day. Dogs are $1.00 per day.

Paid Attendies:
CalState $75.00
Nick $50.00 ~~~

Holy smokes Mike!
How many extra kids over 6 and dogs are you and Sal bringing anyway?!
Calstate just paid thier entire weekend and I had to pay $50 already to reserve the sites.