RE: FALLing Turkeys Rally - Nov. 21 - 23, 03

Started by otter, Sep 24, 2003, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

Hello,

I have some throw blankets for sale.  Check it out.

http://www.stores.ebay.com/store=2818640

I am only advertising because I know how cold it's going to be in the next few months, especially at the FALLing Turkeys Rally.  This is my public service to your folks.

Anyway, you can take the guy away from business, but you can't take the business away from the man.

Surfcal

Ca-girl

Quote from: champ521I was kinda hopin that the Survivor Games disappeared with the old website. :p I will most certainly have to be busy during that casting call.
Surfcal: I think we've found the perfect person for that "special" challenge we talked about ;)

6Quigs

Quote from: champ521I was kinda hopin that the Survivor Games disappeared with the old website. :p  I will most certainly have to be busy during that casting call.
The plan is to deep fry the turkeys on Saturday afternoon, and we will have two pots of very hot oil that will need Guarding, as everyone 16 and older will be trying to Survive, and everyone 16 and under will need to be kept away from the boiling oil.
So we need someone with plenty of Guarding experience for the job. Experience in handling Riot Crowds is a must!!

Looks like Bee Cee is the Man for the Job ;)  ;)

Red neff Barchetta

Getting closer ...
18 days to go for 4 of us and 19 days for everyone else!

Site 6 - R Turner arriving on Friday
Site 7 (yeah, right) - Surfcal/Cough arriving on Thursday
Site 9 - Otter arriving on Thursday
Site 11 - PC Mom arriving on Thursday
Site 14 - Red neff Barchetta arriving on Thursday
Site 16 - 6 Quigs arriving on Friday
Site 18 - Nick & Hunter's Mom arriving on Friday
Site 20 - Clueless In Sacremento arriving on Friday
Site 20A - CA Girl arriving on Friday
Site 20B - Ab Diver arriving on Friday
Site 20C - AB Bear arriving on Friday
Site 20D - Champ 521 arriving on Friday (departing on Monday)

Got a few new goodies to try out during this trip.

Surfcal

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaGetting closer ...
18 days to go for 4 of us and 19 days for everyone else!

Site 6 - R Turner arriving on Friday
Site 7 (yeah, right) - Surfcal/Cough arriving on Thursday
Site 9 - Otter arriving on Thursday
Site 11 - PC Mom arriving on Thursday
Site 14 - Red neff Barchetta arriving on Thursday
Site 16 - 6 Quigs arriving on Friday
Site 18 - Nick & Hunter's Mom arriving on Friday
Site 20 - Clueless In Sacremento arriving on Friday
Site 20A - CA Girl arriving on Friday
Site 20B - Ab Diver arriving on Friday
Site 20C - AB Bear arriving on Friday
Site 20D - Champ 521 arriving on Friday (departing on Monday)

Got a few new goodies to try out during this trip.

Red...

Thanks for letting me know the available sites.  Looks like it's wide open and plenty of choices.

Surfcal

pcmom

Jeff,

My boys were very excited to find out that they are camping next to Austin.  They can't wait to play together again.  We will definitely be there Thursday evening but it will probably be around 8:00 ish.

I heard that there is salmon fishing near goat rock....is that correct?  Is that where the Russian River meets the ocean?  We just went to the local Salmon Festival a week ago and the boys are jazzed about trying to catch one, especially now that they've seen how big they are :)

We've heard that Fort Ross is a must to see.....any other suggestions??

Red neff Barchetta

Michelle,
Our boys are also excited to be camping next to yours.  Our oldest knew it from the site list the first time he saw it.  Although Cough could put a twist on that one.  I think we're safe though as he wants to hobnob with the Clintons really bad and they are down the road.

Yes, Goat rock is where you are thinking.

I was actually thinking of taking the boys (Amy will be at work) to Fort Ross on Friday (probably late morning).  Maybe we could convoy if interested?  Or if only some of your clan is interested in that side trip then I have 4 open seats in the TV.

Make sure you bring a kite for beach trips.  Also, Bodega Bay is a great place to fish or get on a fishing boat.  I can even watch a few kids while adults go wine tasting if interested.

We are soooo ready for this trip!  Trying to squeeze in another quick one-night'er, but it doesn't look promising with stuff planned already for the next 2 w/e's.
We bought an electric mattress pad for one of the king bunks and will be using it at Casini.  Supposed to be much more evenly comfortable than an electric blanket.  It has dual controls so I can turn my side off and Miss Iceland can have it turned up to 10 for her side (as well as the furnace cranked up).  The boys sleep on top of the covers like I do so we only bought one pad.  Thankfully too.  It was $83.00!

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

A quick search brought up this site;
http://www.sonoma.com/regions/sonoma_coast/index.html?overture#bodega-bay-ca

There is tide-pooling, hiking, great food, etc...

Having gone to rally's now for 14 months we have come to realize that you end up hanging out more with everyone (which is what we prefer now) rather than making it to all of the things we check out online beforehand.  Myself, I figure by Saturday afternoon we'll pretty much be done touring around and just hanging out with everybody at the cg.  Not that you need to do that, but it is what we have come to expect (& enjoy) with the rally's.  For example, we made it down to the lake only once at the Tahoe rally!  I had plans for us to go out on a boat, eat at a restaurant we usually go to when there, etc..., lol.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

Har-hardy-har-har!

Yuk, yuk

I'm looking forward to hanging out with you Ray!  If we wear our NNC thongs then we can really hang out!

I used one of the pint glasses from the "21st. Amendment" tonight.  Fun place!

Red neff Barchetta

Hey, I just noticed;
post 997

Red neff Barchetta

Post 998 (thirty seconds later)

Red neff Barchetta

Red neff Barchetta

Thank you and good night!

I've had a "grand" time.