RE: FALLing Turkeys Rally - Nov. 21 - 23, 03

Started by otter, Sep 24, 2003, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ab Diver

Quote from: SurfcalNick is coming to the event and so is Sammyslave. I gave Nick one of those dining canopies and Sammyslave has one. Between the two, we have two, and if there's a third, we'll have three.
If you had bothered to come to Yosemite and scale El Capitan with Ca-Girl's DH, TowRod, myself, and various offspring (instead of jet-setting around the globe), you'd know I had applied a crowbar to my wallet and acquired one of those Eeee-Zeee-Uppp type canopies on sale. So yes, that, at least, makes three. Add the pool cover and the circus will have definitely come to the campground.

QuoteAnd we have rope to spare.

Surfcal
Cool. That's knot something I like to run out of.

BTW... zymomyz, you're being pretty quiet. I hope we haven't scared you off. Or did Neff warn you about the initiation ritual already?... Oh, that's right, they are camping this weekend. (looks around conspiritorially) Shhhh... everybody, don't tell them about the secret initiation ritual, we'll spring it on them after it gets dark. Guess we know what we can do with all that left-over rope now.
[/size][/font]

Red neff Barchetta

6Quigs and I also have EZ-Up's (10' x 10') so add 2 more.

I was thinking about Zymomyz this w/e.  Hope the rain didn't discourage them.  Rain could make for a tough maiden voyage if you don't know all the tricks to deal with water and the PU.  Once you know and apply them it's almost as enjoyable as camping in sunny weather.

Red neff Barchetta

Btw Dave/Ab -
Your axle thread over "there" is generating more interest lately.

Red neff Barchetta

Where is Camping Geek?

He jumped right in and then was gone.

abbear

I would take Ray up on the climbing rope to tie everything together - climbing rope will stretch half again its length before breaking which could be a plus for our group if it rains and we all have to fit under those canopies. :D

Surfcal

Quote from: abbearI would take Ray up on the climbing rope to tie everything together - climbing rope will stretch half again its length before breaking which could be a plus for our group if it rains and we all have to fit under those canopies. :D

Abbear,

I thing I learned a long time ago, you don't want to get to the "end of your rope."

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

I think I'll re-post this every few pages for those NNC'ers who don't check in very often anymore;

Red neff Barchetta

Well, November is fast approaching with nary a mention of a rally.
So let s go to Casini Ranch Family Campground in Duncans Mills;
http://www.casiniranch.com
We really like this location because it is 3 miles from the ocean and shielded from the wind with a lot of things to do in the area. You can go wine tasting or go to the ocean (lounging, walking/hiking/exploring, fishing, whale watching, tide-pooling, playing, kite flying, etc...). You can check out the seals where the Russian river meets the ocean. There are some terrific restaurants for lunch. There is Fort Ross ("The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming!"). There is a giant redwood grove that is wonderful to stroll through. You can play golf at 2 different spectacular courses

Red neff Barchetta

Hey all,
our newest sucker's, er members just returned from their very first trip.
They sound like veterans already!;

http://www.popupexplorer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6768

champ521

Quote from: Red neff Barchetta6Quigs and I also have EZ-Up's (10' x 10') so add 2 more.

Add one more. I'll be bringing mine.

Surfcal

Hello Neff and all:

Can you have an open fire for our campfire or do we have to rent or bring our own firepits?  Don't forget the Tiki torches folks.  Pyro illumination is important for this event.

If you have bandanas, bring them, it'll be fun to see all in bandanas during the games.  We're bringing bandanas for the game participants.  Also, the Stainless Steel NNC Coffee Mugs, the prizes have arrived.

Also, don't forget to bring your guitars, kazoos, bongo drums, ratles, whatever will produce music...

How are we doing the turkey?  Is someone going to buy the turkey and we just pay that person back?  This is a no salad potluck.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

Ray -
They have portable fire pits (metal drums cut in half) and we can have as many as we like.

Also, I think (although not positive) that Dave/Ab is bringing a turkey along and we can divide up the cost as I think they're relatively expensive.  If not, I can pick one up.  Just let me know what size.  Actually, Amy or one of you would be better served to cover that as I might buy the wrong size, kind, marinated, etc...  as it's been a very long time since I had any.  You guys might throw me in the river if I show up with a tofu turkey, lol!

Red neff Barchetta

Falling turkey attendees;

I am doing a mod. to the handle of my BAL single tire chock to dull the sharp edges of the handle which you turn by hand to tighten the chock in place.
I will have enough left over material (1 1/2" shrink wrap tubing) for 6 chocks.
Anyway, if anyone has bought or are planning to buy one of these chocks then you can have a section if you'd like (no charge as it was cheap).  I have absolutely no other need for this material and I had to buy a 4' section and only need 5 1/2"!  I have offered 1 section already to a guy who lives in my area which is where the 6 left comes from.

Just let me know and I'll bring them to the rally.

6Quigs

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaRay -
They have portable fire pits (metal drums cut in half) and we can have as many as we like.

Oh yea,
portable fire pits,
Ray is familar with those

http://community.webshots.com/photo/67488738/67491423AwEQte

Ab Diver

Quote from: 6QuigsOh yea,
portable fire pits,
Ray is familar with those

http://community.webshots.com/photo/67488738/67491423AwEQte

Ok, I've heard of a porta-potty.... but a porta-pyre? I guess if the shrimp won't come to the barby, the barby will come to the shrimp.  I salute Surf's out-of-the-box thinking.