Unregistered

Quote-----We have a Saturday night potluck list taking shape-----;
Nick (head chef) - Camp kitchen
Ab Diver - Turkey & fryer
Surfcal - Turkey & Clueless' fryer
6Quigs - Turkey & fryer
Clueless - Peanut oil for the turkey fryers, margaritas, & 2 marinated tri tips
Red neff Barchetta - Spaghetti with home-made sauce, SNPA, & juices

Everyone - plates, utensils, garbage bags, cleanup, etc...

Come on the rest of you Cougher

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: UnregisteredOkay, Okay, I'll bring my appetite ;)

-z-
You are going to fit in with this group perfectly!   :D

Unregistered

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaYou are going to fit in with this group perfectly!   :D

Well, I am happy to hear that !! Is it a week-from-tomorrow yet :)

My wife said to say she would be happy to bring a large green salad of some sort, but I wasn't listening. And, in addition to my appetite I will bring the martini olives as well ;)

-z-

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: UnregisteredWell, I am happy to hear that !! Is it a week-from-tomorrow yet :)

My wife said to say she would be happy to bring a large green salad of some sort, but I wasn't listening. And, in addition to my appetite I will bring the martini olives as well ;)

-z-
Excellent!

Red neff Barchetta

ATTENTION KEVIN!!!

I have added Zymomyz potluck contributions to the list on the most recent posting of the "big post".

Stay tuned for more alerts.

:D  :D  ;)

Ab Diver

Jeff, we will also be bringing a 6' folding table to give us all a few more square feet of *food display* area.

QuoteDave:
Is there a good place to dive nearby?
If there is diving, is it in an area where you swim to from shore or should he bring the royaks?
Will you be diving?
Ralph and Holly--- Ya know, I hadn't even thought about it. :o   It's been quite a few years since I've dove in that area. Now, up north in Mendocino County, I got aaaaaaaall the spots nailed. (I could even point out a few abalone by name ;) )  I'll be in Gualala today, and I'll ask a couple buddies on dive sites close to the campground. Of course, weather and water conditions will be the determining factors, as always. This could be fun. And I certainly wouldn't want to get on Jeff's kid's bad side (mini-Neff?).... it would real embarrassing getting my butt kicked by a pint-sized Chuck Norris.

Ab Diver

BTW--- hey, Clueless, are you bringing enough peanut oil for *THREE* fryers??? Man, that's a lot of oil, and that stuff ain't cheap. You got an industry insider or a friend in the specialty foodstuff's business or what?

Not expecting you to cover my oily needs, but if you got a tip on where to get that stuff cheap....

Also, I ordered a battery powered oil pump with filter from Cabela's, so we can put the oil back in the containers as easily as possible without making a mess. We'll see how it works.

Nick

Quote from: 6QuigsSo Nick,
What's for breakfast on Saturday?
Basque tortillas

Red neff Barchetta

ATTENTION KEVIN!!!

I have added a Saturday morning potluck breakfast list along with mine & Nick's contributions to the most recent posting of the "big post".

(hee, hee)

Calstate361

Quote from: Ab DiverNot expecting you to cover my oily needs, but if you got a tip on where to get that stuff cheap....

Also, In ordered a battery powered oil pump with filter from Cabela's, so we can put the oil back in the containers as easily as possible without making a mess. We'll see how it works.
Ab Diver/Dave, In my previous note I said I get my peanut oil at Smart & Final in the one gallon jugs. That seems to be the cheapest place in our area. I don't know if you have one of those in your area, but maybe another restaurant supply place might have it. At Smart & Final it runs about $6-7 per gallon. I have also seen the large 5 gal. containers at Home Depot and other places. My experience is you only need 3 gal. to fry the turkey in. I like getting the gallon jugs because it makes it easier to store in the garage refrigerator. I also have one of those same pumps (I ordered it from Cabela's also) but have not had the chance to use it because the last couple of years I have fryed 3 turkeys on one day so I can't use the oil again. I do 3 turkeys becuse it takes no time at all and we eat on one, I give half of one to the kids,the other half to my Mom & Dad, and we have one to put in the freezer for eating later. My turkey pot will hold a 22 lb bird. Also, you were talking about marinating your turkey. Sal and I have put the whole bird in a smoking brine and it turned out wonderful. So if you have a good smoking brine, use that and just purchase a new 5 gal. bucket and soak the turkey in it for a day or two then fry as usual. When we brined our turkey, the skin turned a little brown and when we fried it the skin got dark brown and almost looked burned, but it was still good. Real yummy. If you want, I'll send you Sal's brine recipe, just let me know. It's one that he and his fishing buddies developed for smoking their Salmon. Of course, it works for other things as well.

Since Champ/Dave and CA Girl/Tanya live in our area maybe they could pick up the oil for you at Smart & Final. The one I go to is just off Madison by Wishing Well and across from Target (can't remember the name of the street).

Anyway, it looks like you all will have a great time on this trip.

Is anyone going to video the Survivor games? Those of us who can't make this rally would sure like to see it. I don't think pictures would get the same effect.

HAVE FUN

Joan

champ521

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaATTENTION KEVIN!!!

I have added a Saturday morning potluck breakfast list along with mine & Nick's contributions to the most recent posting of the "big post".

(hee, hee)

I'll bring assorted bagels and cream cheeses for breakfast and a scrumptious corn casserole for dinner on Saturday.

champ521

Quote from: Calstate361Since Champ/Dave and CA Girl/Tanya live in our area maybe they could pick up the oil for you at Smart & Final. The one I go to is just off Madison by Wishing Well and across from Target (can't remember the name of the street).

Is anyone going to video the Survivor games? Those of us who can't make this rally would sure like to see it. I don't think pictures would get the same effect.

HAVE FUN

Joan

I was also wondering about one person bringing that much peanut oil. I would be happy to pitch in and bring some.

I was also planning on bringing my video camera so that as the official videographer I would be exempt from participating! :D

6Quigs

Quote from: champ521I would be exempt from participating! :D

Oh look,

It's Osten!!

Clueless in Sacremento

Quote from: Ab DiverBTW--- hey, Clueless, are you bringing enough peanut oil for *THREE* fryers??? Man, that's a lot of oil, and that stuff ain't cheap. You got an industry insider or a friend in the specialty foodstuff's business or what?
I am bringing enough peanut oil for the three fryers.  I have access to Smart and Final as well as some other options.  I appreciate the offers to assist with the purchase but have it all covered.

champ521

Quote from: 6QuigsOh look,

It's Osten!!

OUCH!!  That hurts. It also sounds like a personal challenge. Don't make me sic Max on you! :p