RE: FALLing Turkeys Rally - Nov. 21 - 23, 03

Started by otter, Sep 24, 2003, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6Quigs

FLIP
Quote from: Clueless in SacrementoI am bringing enough peanut oil for the three fryers.  I have access to Smart and Final as well as some other options.  I appreciate the offers to assist with the purchase but have it all covered.
We have our 3 gallons of virgin peanut oil for our fryer.
So like any NNC rally,
we will always have way more than we need.

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: 6QuigsOUCH!!

Oh look,

It's Osten!!
:p
Quote from: champ521OUCH!! That hurts. It also sounds like a personal challenge. Don't make me sic Max on you!

That hurts. It also sounds like a personal challenge. Don't make me sic Max on you!
:p

Osten, not to be confused with AUSTEN, who would never quit and could kick all ya'alls bu&&s!

Surfcal

Quote from: 6QuigsWe have our 3 gallons of virgin peanut oil for our fryer.
So like any NNC rally,
we will always have way more than we need.

Kevin:

I don't think you ought to be flaunting the "virgin" aspect of your oils.  Besides, how do you know?  Huh?

And, how about us with other less virtuous oil, soy, vegetable, canola..., and good god, where does that put lard?  Are you going to start passing judgement?

Just a concerned member,

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

Speaking of oil (or make that Oyl), don't forget Popeye's damsel in distress -
http://www.popeye-n-olive.com/olive.html

Ab Diver

Gunna have to get the pop-up ready this weekend, as late work nights are playing H*ll with getting anything done after work. Hope the rain stays away. Let's see... propane tanks filled, lantern stuff organized, firewood stacked under cover, water system sanitized, yadda, yadda....

Checked with a buddy familiar with diving in the area, and he said stay away from it: low visability and poor conditions. Nearest place worth diving: up north at Ft. Ross. Lots of abs in that area, but not big ones. Dunno off the top of my head how far of a trip that is from Casini. But, if the worsening conditions of last night are any indication of how the ocean will be next weekend, it's gunna be a moot point.:mad:  The wind almost blew me off the road coming home. :eek:

If this storm dumps enough rain, the rivers will turn the water into chocolate milk and the vis will drop to zero. Not saying it's a no-go for diving, just trying to be up front about it. Besides, I'll know more as the week progresses, and it only takes about three minutes to pack my dive bag...

Looked all over the web for a copy of the "Turkeys Away" script from WKRP, but to no avail.

Ab Diver-- who always thought Bailey was hotter than Jennifer.;)

Red neff Barchetta

Fort Ross is 16 miles (12 1/2 miles up Hwy. 1) from Duncans Mills.

I'll have some firewood also.  As well as a box of kindling.  Lantern too.

I also always liked Bailey over Mrs. Reynold's myself.

Red neff Barchetta

The PU is just about ready to roll.  LP tanks full, grey water tote loaded, air & lug nuts checked, etc...

I can't flush out my WH and replace the anode rod until I get the PU in front of the house Tues. or Wed..  I've been meaning to do this for about 3 months now.  I drain the WH after each trip so I'm interested to see if that has helped minimize the corrosion on it.

Ca-girl

Quote from: Ab DiverLooked all over the web for a copy of the "Turkeys Away" script from WKRP, but to no avail.

Ab Diver-- who always thought Bailey was hotter than Jennifer.;)
You just have to know where to look!

SCCS

I thought some of you might like this. :D

Ab Diver

Quote from: SCCSI thought some of you might like this. :D
ROTFLMAO! ummm, er, wait a minute.... No, that is NOT funny! I wouldn't say ANYTHING like that! How could you even THINK of such a thing?!?!? That's dirty, disgusting, sexist, raunchy, and probably causes ill effects in lab animals!

Hehehehehe... think I'll go read it again. ;)

Tania-- Thanks, made me smile just reading it again. I miss that show. It was one of those rare combinations of cast and scripts.

Joan-- Sounds yummy! Please send Sal's Brine recipe along, I'd love to give it a shot sometime. Sure wish you guys were joining us. I hope Sal has continued to feel on the up-and-up.

Got a bottle of Garlic/Butter/Herb marinade with the new injectors. Figured I'd give that a try at the rally, but we can always change plans at the last moment. We'll see what the group has a hankerin' fer.

Ab Diver

Oh, BTW... maybe it's already been covered, but I was just wondering how many youngin's will be attending. We'll have our two girls, ages 12 and 9. Also, is this a "bicycle friendly" campground, or would it be a waste of time bringing them? (the bikes, not the kids)

Might also bring a new member of the family. We'll see if his/her paperwork is in order by next weekend. It's time, we want a puppy, and there's a cute litter at the local animal shelter. Look to be a Boxer/Lab mix. We'll see. Yeah, I know... I'm an *Akita* type of guy, but Akita's aren't big "play" dogs, and a father's gotta think about what's best for his kids. Some of my fondest childhood memories are the years spent playing with my four-footed best friend.

Red neff Barchetta

Scott & Tania -
Thanks for the laughs!  Those are both good.
Amy enjoyed both also.  I was careful though as to my presentation of them to her -
Printed up the WKRP script and said "look what I found".
Printed up the things you hear at Thanksgiving and said "can you believe what Scott posted!".

(hee, hee)

Regarding bikes, Casini is definitely a bike friendly place, but I don't think we'll bring ours as there are bound to be too many muddy areas from this w/e's rain.  If enough people are bringing them then I'll throw them up on the PU (at least my oldest's).  Just my thought.  We're good either way.

Red neff Barchetta

Dave -
You guys would be an awesome dog family!  You should definitely bring him/her along.  Dianne's bringing her newest family member as well as Sadie.

abbear

OK - got the new Vue wired up.  Installed the brake controller today so cassini will be our maiden voyage.  A test run tomorrow to set up the braking and we'll be ready!

6Quigs

Congrats on the new Vue Allen.
I'll be over to check it out over the weekend.

We'll be bringing the kids bikes as well. If there are puddles, they will find them, with or without the bikes, especially our youngest. :rolleyes:

Site #11 at Casini
Formerly Site #14,
Formerly Site #16,
Formerly Site #20,
Formerly Site # 20B
Formerly Site # 20C
Formerly Site # 107