RE: FALLing Turkeys Rally - Nov. 21 - 23, 03

Started by otter, Sep 24, 2003, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: abbearOK - got the new Vue wired up.  Installed the brake controller today so cassini will be our maiden voyage.  A test run tomorrow to set up the braking and we'll be ready!
Allen -
Can't wait to see the new TV!
I just looked up the Saturn site and checked those out.
They look nice.  Might just have to take a closer look next w/e.

Red neff Barchetta

3 days for some and 4 days for others!

Nick

Lets hope this weather changes.

Friday 11/21 Get Details
Chance for a couple of showers
High 57

Red neff Barchetta

Traded e-mails with Dianne tonight.  She'll be out of touch after tomorrow morning, but is ready for the rally.  Bringing the 2 dogs along with her.
Sounds like we'll be the first to arrive as I believe Michelle is arriving in the evening and who knows what time we'll see Ray!

Surfcal

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaSounds like we'll be the first to arrive as I believe Michelle is arriving in the evening and who knows what time we'll see Ray!

Hello Neff:

I will be arriving on Friday now, along with the rest of the mortals.  I am here in Long Island, NY and headed back home on Wednesday.  But I have to work on Thursday considering that I have not been to the office in a couple of weeks.

Although I still encourage folks to get there on time or be forwarned.

I'll check back in later.

Surfcal

P.S.  I think 3 turkeys would be too much, and that the two turkeys that Ab Diver and 6Quigs are bringing, so I won't bring a 3rd one.  I will bring some other side dish(es), most likely veggies.

Ab Diver

Uhmmmm... not to be too demanding, but has anybody decided to bring anything to go with the turkey? Or are we gunna "wing" it from there?

Ocean dive report: Looks ugly, dudes. The tidal zone was a no-man's land yesterday... big surf, and lots of it. Anything shallow enough to dive was a surgy mess. I'll keep you posted as the week progresses.

BTW-- Hey, Kev, how can YOU be "formerly site 20B"???? Are you pulling a formerly surfcal site swipe? I thought "we" were formerly site 20B, er... formerly site 20C, er.... site 16, er... ah, the H*ll with it.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: SurfcalHello Neff:

I will be arriving on Friday now, along with the rest of the mortals.  I am here in Long Island, NY and headed back home on Wednesday.  But I have to work on Thursday considering that I have not been to the office in a couple of weeks.

Although I still encourage folks to get there on time or be forwarned.

I'll check back in later.

Surfcal

P.S.  I think 3 turkeys would be too much, and that the two turkeys that Ab Diver and 6Quigs are bringing, so I won't bring a 3rd one.  I will bring some other side dish(es), most likely veggies.
Got it "Mr. No salads or veggies at this rally!".  See you Friday.

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: Ab DiverOcean dive report: Looks ugly, dudes. The tidal zone was a no-man's land yesterday... big surf, and lots of it. Anything shallow enough to dive was a surgy mess. I'll keep you posted as the week progresses.

OK, no diving.  I will get over it eventually!

Still planning on heading up early on Saturday!

Nick

Unregistered

Thanks for the updated forecast !!!

I thought I'd wait until this weekend to ask the following question but I find I am not in the mood to start something new at work so I thought I'd post it now. And on this thread since I know many are currently looking at it (please forgive my abuse of this thread):

What is it that you do to go from unregistered guest, such as me, to "member", such as ya'll ? Popup Times ? or NNC ? or both ?

Thanks. And see ya' Friday !!!
-z-

6Quigs

Looks like the weather is going to co-operate with us for a great weekend.

Neff,
I just spoke with Margaret, and finalized what we will and will not bring this weekend, so here is your updated list,
WITH CHANGES IN RED
Unfortunately, My neighbour does not have a Palm Tree like heater I can borrow, so bring warm clothes, and firewood.

-----Laid back Saturday morning potluck breakfast-----
Nick - Basque tortillas
Red neff Barchetta - Milk & juices (orange, apple, etc...)
Champ 521 - Assorted bagels & cream cheese
6Quigs -Bloody Mary's, Doghnuts

-----Saturday night potluck-----
Nick (head chef) - Camp kitchen
Ab Diver - Turkey & fryer
Surfcal - Veggies
6Quigs - Turkey & fryer & Peanut  oil, Egg rolls, Ice Cream
Clueless - Peanut oil for the turkey fryers, margaritas, & 2 marinated tri tips
Red neff Barchetta - Spaghetti with home-made sauce, SNPA, & juices
Zymomyz - Green salad, martini olives, & appetite
Champ 521 - Scrumptious corn casserole

Everyone - plates, utensils, garbage bags, cleanup, etc...

Come on the rest of you Cougher

Red neff Barchetta

Kevin -
I made the proper translations and updated the thread.   :D

Zymomyz -
We can explain the way PUT works this w/e.  If we don't freak you out and we are successful in warping your mind so that you want to keep in touch about rally's and such then it would be a good idea to join here.  I'll bring you my latest copy of the PUT magazine since I'm done with it.  It comes with a membership to this forum.

Speaking of the latest PUT magazine.  Nice recipe Old Moose & Moosette!  I also like the Pro Rac bike rack & the Jayco Jay Feather (Kiwi) mention.  Damn that Sara Lee!

Off to get the PU now and swap out the anode rod.  If you're all really nice maybe I'll have a showing of my old anode rod.   :eek:  :D

6Quigs

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaOff to get the PU now and swap out the anode rod.  If you're all really nice maybe I'll have a showing of my old anode rod.   :eek:  :D

With that,
6Quigs, being from Europe, where people over there have no shame,
just whipped his out for all to see

6Quigs' Rod

otter

I've not heard from Larry and Rita, so I guess I'm coming on my own.  Will plan to get there early afternoon on Thursday so I can get all snuggled in before the Friday "showers".  
I'm thinking Pumpkin pies for Saturday night. But I will have to get them there.  I don't want to buy them Thursday for Sat. if I don't have to.
Any stores within 100 miles?  
Will make a fruit contribution to the Sat breaklfast too.  And be ha[ppy to  join anyone eating any meal between arrival and leaving as eating alone did not furnish this body.
Does anyone have LAST month's magazine?  I'd loke to see the article on the sink drains.  It was mentioned in this month's letters.  
Looks the weather will be OK if not spectacular.  
See you all soon
Dianne=Otter

Red neff Barchetta

Dianne -
You are still around your computer huh?
I just e-mailed you this, but here it is in a nutshell;
Not wanting to believe it you must have dismissed the "Larry & Rita aren't coming" sentence.   ;)
There is a Safeway in Guerneville which is 8 miles from Casini.
I'll be waiting your arrival with a beer and a hug.
See you in 2 days!