Self-service Negative Bouyancy Rally II, Jan. 16.17 & 18

Started by Surfcal, Dec 06, 2003, 09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

That was one fun weekend.  Thanks to all, everyone showed up just rarin' to have a good time.

Neff, the day visit was a great touch, a specially great boost to the Arnarchy nature of the rally.  It was headless and it went in all directions, but ultimately, a lot of fun.

A special thanks to Kevin for once again bringing the turkey fryer.  We made good use of it, fried two turkeys.  And a rally without the calls for Shane or Connor would not be complete.

To Holly for becoming the default center of the group festivities that for two nights, she had to shhh us.  Hey, thank Pete for the Jambalaya, that was great.

To Zymomyz for having a mod-demo and sharing camping horror stories that hopefully none of us will ever go through.

To Bee Cee, family and Mad Max for your always entertaining presence and antics.

And of course, to Tania, for having a birthday so that we could celebrate with you and it was really a fine excuse to get blitzed without any guilt.

Well, we never saw the eagles, but if you party with the owls late at night, it's hard to soar with the eagles in the morning.

As usual, good food, good friends and great fun.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: zie-moe-miesJeff,

The Los Lonely Boys are playing Santa Rosa at the Last Day Saloon on Thursday February 5th. They will be at Slims on Friday the 6th. That's the extent of their california club dates.

I will check with Anne Marie (as soon as she wakes up from her knapp  :p ) and let you know if we will fly to San Diego on Friday or Saturday. If we leave on Saturday then I will definitely be going to Slims to see these guys on Friday !!

I'll keep you posted.
"The The Lonely Boys"?   :D
Steve -
Did you get my e-mail I sent you today through the silly PUT e-mail system?
Unfortunately I can't make the S. F. show so I'm going to the Santa Rosa gig.
I'll wait to see if you received the e-mail before I explain further.

Ray -
Great rally my friend!!   :)
Plain & simple = perfection!   :)  :)

Brian -
Congrat's. on the dark side!  Just hope 17' is still big enough once there is 4 of you.
Can't wait to check it out!  Enjoy.   :)

RTurner

Quote from: SactoCampersSorry again folks about cancelling last minute. If you recall, we had something unavoidable come up. That unavoidable thing was purchasing a 1999 Starcraft Travelstar 17CK. Yep, that's right, the Sactocampers bought a little 17 foot hybrid. Has AC, furnace, fridge, TV antenna, outside shower, dual lp tanks, dual batteries (6-volts I think, I can't actually see them), microwave, and other goodies. I was a little apprehensive with the minivan but we test towed it with three adults a toddler and a full tank of water (30 gallons I think, 20 at least) to simulate being fully loaded and it towed fine. Yes, I could feel the added resistance, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. It's the same width as out popup, so only additional height added to the drag. 57 mph gave me 14-15 mpg. Predictably, hills slowed us down some but we always had enough for 55 mph. We towed from Richmond to Davis and there were some decent grades. It tracked really well even without WD or anti-sway, which I will be installing.

It needs a thorough cleaning but was in otherwise good condition and the price was good.

DARN, we would have been glad to sell you ours!

SCCS

Quote from: SactoCampersSorry again folks about cancelling last minute. If you recall, we had something unavoidable come up. That unavoidable thing was purchasing a 1999 Starcraft Travelstar 17CK. Yep, that's right, the Sactocampers bought a little 17 foot hybrid.

Congrat's on the hybrid. It should be perfect for the four of you.

Surfcal

Quote from: SactoCampersSorry again folks about cancelling last minute. If you recall, we had something unavoidable come up. That unavoidable thing was purchasing a 1999 Starcraft Travelstar 17CK. Yep, that's right, the Sactocampers bought a little 17 foot hybrid. Has AC, furnace, fridge, TV antenna, outside shower, dual lp tanks, dual batteries (6-volts I think, I can't actually see them), microwave, and other goodies.

Well Sacto:

I hate to be technical about it, but I don't think you pulled a Sacto at all.  I think you pulled a 6Quigs, a stealth acquisition of another trailer.

Congratulations and that should extend your seasons.

Surfcal

Y-Guy

Quote from: SactoCampersSorry again folks about cancelling last minute. If you recall, we had something unavoidable come up. That unavoidable thing was purchasing a 1999 Starcraft Travelstar 17CK. Yep, that's right, the Sactocampers bought a little 17 foot hybrid. q

Congrats Brian!  Next you know you'll be pulling it with a Big Full Size Pick'em Up'em Truck too!

Happy Camping

SactoCampers

Quote from: RTurnerDARN, we would have been glad to sell you ours!
Hi Rojana. I briefly considered it, but IIRC, the Fleetwood 17 footers were comparatively heavy to others, and I needed to keep the weight down. This one weighed 2350 lbs with the options I mentioned. I need to put it on a scale, though. By going back to a 1999 model, We were able to buy one more in our price range. You deserve full market value for yours.

Nick

Well, we thought we would stop at Bonesa Bro's RV on the way home from Mt. Madonna yesterday to look at the new year Jayco's. They had the exact one we want, Eagle 12 FSO, set up in front of the show room. The sticker on it was $12,555. The sales guy comes out and we start talking about the Pleasanton RV Show. He tells me to wait here for a moment, comes back and said he can sell it at the show price of $10,093. I had our '98 still hitched up so they took a quick look at it and will give me a supprisingly good amount for trade in. Enough to make it worth not having the hastle of selling it myself. Anyway, we are still thinking about it because we would have to do a bit of financing and not sure if we want to do that. It sure is tempting though.

Nick

Quote from: 6QuigsStrip zoom was an interesting variation.
We had a variation off this up at Mt. Madonna.   The jeans I was wearing happaned to be purchased when I was about 25lbs heavier.  In the process of setting up my belt broke.  The rest of the night I was constantly pulling them up cause I was to lazy to change into a pair that fit.  Later that evening we were enjoying the campfire.  I was standing up getting close to the fire to warm up and I sneezed.  Next thing I know my pants are down around my ankles.  Gave everyone a good laugh.

SactoCampers

Quote from: NickWell, we thought we would stop at Bonesa Bro's RV on the way home from Mt. Madonna yesterday to look at the new year Jayco's. They had the exact one we want, Eagle 12 FSO, set up in front of the show room. The sticker on it was $12,555. The sales guy comes out and we start talking about the Pleasanton RV Show. He tells me to wait here for a moment, comes back and said he can sell it at the show price of $10,093. I had our '98 still hitched up so they took a quick look at it and will give me a supprisingly good amount for trade in. Enough to make it worth not having the hastle of selling it myself. Anyway, we are still thinking about it because we would have to do a bit of financing and not sure if we want to do that. It sure is tempting though.
That 12FSO is a nice popup. It's the one I wanted from the Jayco lineup.

SactoCampers

Quote from: NickWe had a variation off this up at Mt. Madonna. The jeans I was wearing happaned to be purchased when I was about 25lbs heavier. In the process of setting up my belt broke. The rest of the night I was constantly pulling them up cause I was to lazy to change into a pair that fit. Later that evening we were enjoying the campfire. I was standing up getting close to the fire to warm up and I sneezed. Next thing I know my pants are down around my ankles. Gave everyone a good laugh.
Hopefully you weren't going commando.

Ca-girl

Even this thread is anarchy in action....it's been taken over by talk of new trailers and falling pants!  That is quite a visual Nick.  I almost sprayed my computer screen with coffee when I read it!  

Anyway, I just wanted to post that we made it home, and I was able to celebrate the last few hours of my birthday having dinner at my mom's house.  Thanks to everyone at the rally for celebrating with me.  I can't think of a group of people I would have rather turned the BIG FOUR-OH! with :D

Thanks to all of you also for the great cookbook. I can't wait to try some of the recipes from it.  I'll have to find a good one to bring to the next rally.  And thank you Dave & Carrie....your gift was so very thoughtful.  

As always, it was a great weekend, and zymomyz has now added a story to the list of NNC standards.  I think he had to tell it three or four times this weekend alone!  Steak sandwich anyone??? :J

Tania

Hybrid Holly

Hey, isn't this suppose to be the Chabot thread?  

We made turkeys sandwiches on the way home, yummm!
Had a great time with everyone!
Ray, thanks for not organizing things!
Jeff, it was great to see you for the day, how come there was beer left in my fridge?  (no blue fins left, though!)
Steve- thanks for the f*!@$ steak sandwich story~
Tania - thanks for turning 40!
Kevin - way to do a guy trip!
Dave and Carrie - entertaining as always!

Brian, congrats on the new camper.  Are you keeping it in the driveway?  I may have to drive by and see it.

SactoCampers

Quote from: Hybrid HollyBrian, congrats on the new camper. Are you keeping it in the driveway? I may have to drive by and see it.
Thanks, no we can't store it in our driveway because it is too narrow. We just returned from putting it in storage. It's resting peacefully at Harrisons Storage Too after getting a thorough cleaning, inside and out. I have some space between my neighbor and me that I might pave someday, but for now, it's in storage.

zymomyz

Quote from: HollySteve- thanks for the f*!@$ steak sandwich story~.

Gee, I didn't realize it would be so entertaining.

Of course, we owe you, and Pete, a great debt of gratitude for introducing us to the deligthful and intoxicating world of the BLUE FIN !!!!!