News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

HalfDome Hyjinx II

Started by calstate360, Dec 31, 2003, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calstate360

I was going to bump this up to the top since plans are underway for 2004, but it was lost in the change to the new host.

HalfDome Hyjinx II
August 5th through 10th, 2004
You can come in as early at Thursday
and leave as late at Tuesday.
The weekend only would be the 6th, 7th, & 8th.

Yosemite Lakes Thousand Trails.
We will again be the superhosts for the event.
We have 25 sites available besides our own.

Cost will be either $24 or $28 per night.
We are trying to confirm this, Last time they said the price would not go up but the new contract states $28 grrrr

Just got confirmation the price is $28 per night.

Map of the campground is at.
http://community.webshots.com/user/calstate360

Campground Website is at.
http://www.thousandtrails.com/_vti_bin/minisitegen.cgi?preserve=163

More info at.
http://www.thousandtrails.com/news/yosemite.htm

When it gets closer I will post the cutoff date for reservations. like last time they are holding my credit card hostage so all payments should be made out to Joan Lutz.
If you are a member of Thousand Trails or a reciprocating
campgroung membership, make your reservations through
them as the cost will be less.

We had a blast last time and if you have never been to Yosemite this is a very good value. It is not easy to get reservations inside of Yosemite and this is only 5 miles from the west entrance. Priest grade posed no problems for anyone attending last time.

Nick will be updating the web page for this rally,
or you can read about the last one.

List of those attending.
Red neff Barchetta
Jeff's BIL
The Quigs
Ckkevin

Sal

calstate360

See above for update.
Sal

Cottonwooder

Oh shoot, we'd really like to go to this rally, but it's clashing with the first week of our local fair.  If there's a change in date, please pencil us in.  We wanted to go to Yosemite in October, but it was full already.  The price is right too! ;)

Calstate361

Patricia/Cottonwooder,

We received a lot of RR from Red Neff last year because we changed the date. ;) So by popular demand, we made it 1-2 weeks earlier than last year to accommodate those with school age children.

Hope your plans change and you can join us. We had a really nice time last year.

We have never had a problem with them being "full".  It might be your membership that won't allow you to make reservations this far in advance.  Ours only lets us make reservations 3 months in advance.  If you are trying to make the reservations via the automated system, it will just keep you in a loop and won't confirm your reservation.  I found this out because it did it to me and I called the customer service number and they told me our membership didn't allow us to make reservations more than 3 months in advance.

Joan

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: Calstate361We received a lot of RR from Red Neff last year because we changed the date. ;) So by popular demand, we made it 1-2 weeks earlier than last year to accommodate those with school age children.Joan
Joan -
You're being too hard on yourself.  You guys folded from the pressure of SammySlave/Larry (who doesn't even have school-age children!) even though some of us (wink, wink) had already given our deposit.   :D
Sniff, sniff, it's alright, I'll get over it someday.  My therapist says I'm doing much better.
Actually, I am waiting to hear back from my BIL (5th-wheel) before letting you know if I need 1 or 2 sites.
Will let you know soon.   :)
Unless of course Larry changes the dates to his liking as we already have a pretty full August.   :D

6Quigs

Quote from: CottonwooderOh shoot, we'd really like to go to this rally, but it's clashing with the first week of our local fair.  

Have you asked them to change the date for the local fair?

calstate360

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaJoan -
You're being too hard on yourself. You guys folded from the pressure of SammySlave/Larry (who doesn't even have school-age children!) even though some of us (wink, wink) had already given our deposit. :D
Sniff, sniff, it's alright, I'll get over it someday. My therapist says I'm doing much better.
Actually, I am waiting to hear back from my BIL (5th-wheel) before letting you know if I need 1 or 2 sites.
Will let you know soon. :)
Unless of course Larry changes the dates to his liking as we already have a pretty full August. :D
I thought we had a new rule that the wagonmaster sets the date and whover can make it shows up.:J
At least according to GSMx2's article in the mag.:) Actually this years date was set at the last one by general consensus of all who attended.

BTW Jeff did you get my e-mail?

Sal

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: calstate360BTW Jeff did you get my e-mail?

Sal

Sal,

Yes I did and I replied.

I replied back to the address you sent it from;
comcast.net

In my reply I asked you if your old address is still working;
attbi.com

Let me know if I should send it to the attbi.com address.

I sent it on 1/03/04 at 9:03 a.m..

Red neff Barchetta

Sal,
I sent it to the attbi address last night.

Did you get it?

Both of your comcast e-mail's went to my spam account first and then finally made their way to me.

Red neff Barchetta

We'll take 2 sites please.   :)

Any chance that my BIL and his 5th-wheel could have an end site?
He doesn't want to be the monstrosity between all the cute little PU's & Hybrid's.   :D   Besides, they have 4 kids like another terrific family we know.   :eek:

I'll let you know our arrival and departure dates soon.
I'll give you the deposits at Olema and then you can go ask SammySlave if the dates are remaining as announced.   :D

calstate360

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaWe'll take 2 sites please. :)

Any chance that my BIL and his 5th-wheel could have an end site?
He doesn't want to be the monstrosity between all the cute little PU's & Hybrid's. :D Besides, they have 4 kids like another terrific family we know. :eek:

I'll let you know our arrival and departure dates soon.
I'll give you the deposits at Olema and then you can go ask SammySlave if the dates are remaining as announced. :D
I'm not really into changing dates again.:rolleyes:
You and your victim er BIL are the first on the list.
If you look at the campground map the Superhost sites are pull through, so there would be 4 end sites.
Last year they were not crowded so they moved the sites off the map and gave us 20 back to back sites.
We hope they do this again as it gave us a large long grass
area where we put the picnic tables end to end and had a group firepit. Also it was close enough to the play area to
keep an eye on the kids without leaving camp.
I won't know what's up untill I get there the day before
as it depends on the number of Thousand Trails members
in the campground.

I got the e-mail, don't know whats up with the spam deal.
Joan said if your coming up this way we have water and electric hookups in the driveway, and a dump station in the house.:J  Just bring food and TOOLS.

Sal

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: calstate360Joan said if your coming up this way we have water and electric hookups in the driveway, and a dump station in the house.:J  Just bring food and TOOLS.
Sal
Har, hardy, har, har.   :D
You should have caught me over Thanksgiving while I was in Roseville putting in a floor & stairs at my folks house.
Too far a drive for me friend.   :)   You'll do fine.

The sites sound fine.  He really would appreciate an end site if you can swing it.  He just doesn't want to be the sore thumb protruding out amongst all of the PU's.

Oh yeah, we are both arriving on Thursday and departing on Monday - 4 nights.

See you at Olema!   :)

Calstate361

Hey Neff, I upping the offer. I'll cook for you and maybe we can get Sal to smoke some ribs in his new smoker. It was one of his Christmas gifts. It is one of those that has the large round barrel type cook area with a "hot box" on the side for the wood and fire. It's bigger than our propane barbque. He has made some WONDERFUL ribs already. We have experimented with a roast and country ribs. They were OK, but we like the ribs better. He did some research on the internet at "foodnetwork.com" and got a good rub recipe from some of those cook-off shows. He also learned from that same site to spray the meat every hour with apple juice. YUMMY!!!! :D DW could even sit outside on our patio and watch all the birds at Sal's dinner. Does this convince you yet????

As far as the end site for your brother, the sites are first-come-first served.  You pick the site then tell the Ranger what site you took.  However, we will be there so we can try to keep an end site open for him.

Joan

calstate360

Quote from: Calstate361Hey Neff, I upping the offer. I'll cook for you and maybe we can get Sal to smoke some ribs in his new smoker. :D DW could even sit outside on our patio and watch all the birds at Sal's dinner. Does this convince you yet????

As far as the end site for your brother, the sites are first-come-first served. You pick the site then tell the Ranger what site you took. However, we will be there so we can try to keep an end site open for him.
 Joan
Don't worry Jeff we will keep a site open for him.

Sal

calstate360