News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

HalfDome Hyjinx II

Started by calstate360, Dec 31, 2003, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

champ521

Sal,
We are going to have to change our departure date to Sunday the 8th.  :mad:  Not really happy about it but we have to be back on Monday for DD's school registration.

calstate360

Quote from: champ521Sal,
We are going to have to change our departure date to Sunday the 8th. :mad: Not really happy about it but we have to be back on Monday for DD's school registration.
No problem Dave I changed it on the list.
Sal

Nick

Hey Joan,

We decided to start our vacation a bit early and I'm going to take Friday off.  So we will arrive before noon on Friday instead of waiting till work was done.

See you all next week!

Calstate361

8 DAYS TO GO FOR US

9 DAYS FOR MOST OF YOU!

Hey Kevin, since your are slacking on the countdown, I had to jump in!

Nick/Mike, good see you early on Friday.

Champ/Dave & Carrie, we will see you earlier also.

Joan

otter

No one has answered me about what we want to do with the Saturday Morning breakfast and Saturday Night Potluck?????

yes :p and yes :D ....   maybe put dinner off til 7 or 7:30....:confused:
but remember, if we do it twice it becomes a tradition and that is how those by-lsws get written.   :)

Calstate361

7 DAYS FOR US,

8 DAYS FOR OTHERS

Thanks for the response Otter.  I guess no one else is paying any attention to the Boards these days.   I guess we will just have to decide the time of both events when we are there.  I think 7:00 or 7:30 would be hard for the kids.

See you soon.

Joan

6Quigs

Quote from: Calstate361No one has answered me about what we want to do with the Saturday Morning breakfast and Saturday Night Potluck?????

Joan

I think we should have them.

Everyone should bring some sort of food to share! ;)

When we usually say dinner at 6:00pm, it never starts on time, so 7:00pm is more realastic.
We can still do the kids food at 6:00.

Appetizers and wine tasting though, should still be from 4:00pm onwards

Gwenzilla

Quote from: otterNo one has answered me about what we want to do with the Saturday Morning breakfast and Saturday Night Potluck?????

Sorry we have not responded....  we are newbies and not sure of our participation yet... bad karma has visited our trailer and it is in the shop right now having work done on the axles, and we are praying that they even get the parts in and get the trailer done in time for us to attend.  If we do get everything together and ready we plan on doing a fair amount of touring each day and are not sure if we will make it back in time for the pot-luck (but we will try hard)... so bear with us until we find out if we will get our trailer back in time.  
We are looking forward to meeting ya'll and, as usual, are dealing with total chaos and calamity here.  (ain't camping supposed to be fun?!?)

Red neff Barchetta

We will also be touring the park quite a bit so aren't positive if we'll be back in time for the dinner potluck.  We wouldn't want anyone to have to be waiting around for our return is all.  So, unfortunately I can't give you any specifics on the potlucks as of yet.
A rally with a place like Yosemite nearby is like no other - More day trip sights to see than there's even time to check out.  Not a bad thing of course, just makes hanging out as much as usual a bit tougher to do.

I'm ready to pass along information next Wed. btw.  The dumpster that I'll be fillng arrives tomorrow.

6Quigs

6 DAYS FOR CALSTATES,

7 DAYS FOR US 'n' NEFF &  HIS BIL

8 DAYS FOR THE REST

Red neff Barchetta

7 days, Alright!!!!  Can't wait!   :)  :)  :)  :)

Calstate361

Thanks all of you for responding. I was just trying to get a feel for what people wanted to do. Kevin, if you want the wine tasting, you can organize that since I can't drink wine (every bone & muscle in my body hurts) and Sal can't drink at all.

On the potluck dinner Saturday night, we can just leave it that we will try to have it between 6:00 and 7:00ish and whoever is there can participate. We kind of did that last year because we knew people would be sight seeing. I plan on preparing "Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding" that I made for one of the other rallies, I think it was Collins Lake. As for the Saturday morning breakfast, we will just wing it. I will be brining a bunch of bacon that I will bake in the oven ahead of time so all I have to do Saturday morning is zap it in the microwave to heat it up. Much easier than standing in front of the stove and cooking it all at that time, then it is all ready at the same time.

No one has responded to Sal's question about purchasing fire wood there. They sell it at the Ranger Station for a small bundle at around $7. But there is also some places near by where we could have some delivered. Do you want to wait and discuss it when most of you are there on Thursday and we can all pitch in to purchase some?

Attendees:

6Quigs, arriving on 8/5 Thursday
Red Neff, arriving on 8/5 Thursday
Red Neff BIL, arriving on 8/5 Thursday
Otter, arriving on 8/5 Thursday
Mustang, arriving on 8/5 Thursday
Champ521, arriving on 8/5 Thursday
Gwenzilla, arriving on 8/5 Thursday
Nick, arriving on 8/6 Friday
Mysticomet, arriving on 8/6 Friday
Mysticomet's Friends, arrving on 8/6 Friday
Darcamp, arriving on 8/6 Friday
Sal's Friend, arriving on 8/5 Thursday
CalStates, arriving on 8/4 Wednesday

If I have incorrectly posted your arrival date, please let me know so I can notify the campground. THANKS

Darcamp, if you know that you won't be able to make it before we leave Wednesday morning, please post it so we will know.  Sal always checks the Board before we leave.  Hope everything gets fixed in time.  If not, there will be next year.

Joan

calstate360

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaWe will also be touring the park quite a bit so aren't positive if we'll be back in time for the dinner potluck. We wouldn't want anyone to have to be waiting around for our return is all. So, unfortunately I can't give you any specifics on the potlucks as of yet.
A rally with a place like Yosemite nearby is like no other - More day trip sights to see than there's even time to check out. Not a bad thing of course, just makes hanging out as much as usual a bit tougher to do.

I'm ready to pass along information next Wed. btw. The dumpster that I'll be fillng arrives tomorrow.
So what you are saying is you are going to go party in Yosemite and come back in time to drink everyones beer and enjoy the fire.:p
We have been there numerous times and still have not seen it all. It is so large you just can not do it in a weekend.
If there is anything to report I will call and leave a message after we get there on Wed.
Thanks Jeff
Sal

calstate360

"Sal can't drink at all."
 Thats why I'm always in such a good mood.:(

"As for the Saturday morning breakfast, we will just wing it. I will be brining a bunch of bacon that I will bake in the oven ahead of time so all I have to do Saturday morning is zap it in the microwave to heat it up."
"brining" I don't know what that is but it does not sound edible.:eyecrazy:

"No one has responded to Sal's question about purchasing fire wood there. They sell it at the Ranger Station for a small bundle at around $7. But there is also some places near by where we could have some delivered."

Now I really doubt any place is going to deliver it. I will try to check on prices on the way there and I can let everyone know on Thurs. or tell Jeff and he can post it. It will just depend on what time we arrive. For the amount we will need for 2 nights it should not be too expensive.

otter

Looks like lots of us are going to be there on Thurdsady night.  
Maybe we can try to pot luck that night.  
We all need to eat.  
Bringing along something that we can make at home and set out might be an easy way to deal with the first night (for most of us).

I will bring green salads for both Saturday and thursday (should that idea fly).
gotta have my veggies.:)
 I'll bring fruit for Saturday morning.