SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

HalfDome Hyjinx II

Started by calstate360, Dec 31, 2003, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Quote from: 6QuigsWow

That Sweeling sounds wierd ;)

Must be a symptom of typing with only one hand!
Hey Kev, you spelled swelling wrong.:)

Red neff Barchetta

Mr. Moderator Nick -
No fair fixing Kevin's quote of your quote!   :mad:

That sure is "sweel" that your finger's alright.  "Wierd" that you can't feel anything right now though.
I'd love to read a letter between you and Otter/Dianne.   :D   And she was a teacher too!   :yikes:  :D

Sure am looking forward to hanging out with everyone this w/e!  Especially my very dear friends Mike & Dianne.   ;)  :)

calstate360

Jeff, Nick, Otter, & Champ check your e-mail.

Jeff I will call you when I get there and find out what's up. It won't be early I had a minor problem with the truck:mad: and will have to get up at O-Dark Thirty to load it up. At least the trailer is loaded.:) See you all soon
Sal

calstate360

Ok I'm finally out of here. Jeff I'll call you in a few hours. Don't forget to check your e-mail people. If you wan't to know what it's about ask 6Quigs.
See you all soon.
Sal

Red neff Barchetta

Sal -
Sorry I didn't reply to your e-mail earlier, but went and got myself busy with work since I was done with the backyard.   :mad: If we are around Saturday night we'd love to help celebrate.  Although since you've left you undoubtedly won't even see this until next week, lol.

I'll check for your message and report the info. here to the group as soon as I get it.

Whoohoo!  We're in full camping mode around here - I'm getting things together and Amy's sleeping.   :mad:  :D   J/k!  Just filled up the WH and plugged in the PU fridge.  Get our food and clothes together and we'll be ready to go!   :)  :)

I wonder what John Muir would say about the ridiculous luxuries we have and enjoy today?

otter

We're chompin' at the bit  waiting for any morsel of news from Sal & Joan.  
Sure wish I could come up with something """special""" for the birthday girl....  any good ideas out there? You guys are so much more creative than I am.  

Jeff: :) things are similar here.  Lon is plugging in, washing off, filling up and I've been out carrousing since dawn.  Now I"m home and too tired to do anything too serious.  
Will check in later to see what is what with whom...ZOOOOOOm

6Quigs

Chomping at the bit here also,
can't wait to go camping again.
It's been like, what 10 days since we were last camping!!

Got home from work today, and Margaret had already got everyone's clothes packed in the trailer, and most of the food loaded.
Hopefully I will finish work early tomorrow, and at least get there before dinner.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: 6QuigsIt's been like, what 10 days since we were last camping!!
QuoteWe were just saying the same thing Kevin.   :)   We actually left a few things on the PU from last trip since we were going again so soon.

Just need to throw the bikes on the PU in the morning and we're on our way!

My PUT time (huh?   :D ) is messed up, but it is now 8:13pm Yosemite time and no message has come in as of yet.  It is an electronic SBC voice mail system so there's no way to miss a message.  They're still probably setting up their site and getting settled.

Anyway, I'll post something as soon as I hear from Sal.  Although I think it will just be which area we are in at the cg which we can all figure out as we arrive without much trouble I'm sure.
We are leaving in about 12 hours.

Looks like the current temp. in Groveland (20 miles west of the cg) is 85 right now.  Sounds like I'll be sipping a cold one with my feet in the river 24 hrs. from now.   :)

I'll check in later tonight.

Edit - The quoting function is messed up here.  Either that or the beer I'm thinking about for tomorrow night has already taken affect.

Red neff Barchetta

Message from Sal;
- They blew 3 tires on the way.  ( :( )
- We are staying in the "Sun Valley" loop.;
http://www.thousandtrails.com/maps/yosemite.htm
- There is road re-paving, but he didn't say where.  It goes pretty smoothly, but they do funnel you into 1 lane and let 5 cars go through at a time.

See everyone there and travel safely!   :)

otter

What is it with these tires lately.  
Gives me the 'Willies'.
Drive slowly tomorrow everyone.  
We are about ready too and will leave here about 10 Am.  Should be there in the heat of the day.  Hope you get there before us Jeff and have a cold one waiting.

mustang

Well, it's been about 10 hours since I've been camping!  Got home this afternoon from 4 days at Camp Lassen with Cub Scouts.  Since I've only got tomorrow to get ready for Yosemite, I'd better finish unpacking so I can start packing!  :eyecrazy: Mike's working a full day tomorrow so we won't be at the campground until about 9pm.  Drive safely everyone!!  See you there!!

Red neff Barchetta

Looks like we'll be out of here in a few minutes.

See everyone soon!   :)

My dual-LP tank auto-switch-over Manifold Tee will get its second good workout this w/e.  Although I doubt the furnace will even be needed, lol.

Dianne -
There will be ice cold SNPA waiting for you when you arrive.   :)

Nick

Well our day is off to a horrible start.  We left at 4:00am and right before Tracy I lost oil preasure.  By the time I got to the next exit the engine was making a terrible noise.  So here we sit waiting for a shop to open. Hope we make it to the rally.  If you are going and see this post please let the wagonmaster know.

Posted via blackberry

gsm x2

Nick---An engine is a terrible thing to waste.  Hope it's not too bed, but it doesn't sound good.

Scott

SCCS

Ouch that doesn't sound like a good start to a rally. Hope things worked out and you and the family made it just fine. We just got back from camping at a local lake. We had a great time, even with the heat. :D  
 Lets start seeing some posts about the rally.