News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

HalfDome Hyjinx II

Started by calstate360, Dec 31, 2003, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calstate360

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaSal -
Congratulation's on your 10th! :) We're headed for our 15th later this month. :yikes: :D

I dropped a check in the mail today (to the Queen address), but just found out that there might not be mail on Monday (being self-employed I never know about holidays unless they are during the school year) so you should have it Tues. or Wed.

Thanks again! :) :)

Btw, I happen to be familiar with the name of your city, but you might want to e-mail G-Whiz to correct the first letter of the second word of your city on the NNC contact list. ;)
Thanks Jeff
To all the Queen address is the right one but the spelling on the current list is wrong. The second name in the city starts with an "H" not an "N".
It was corrected on the list after it was sent out and G-Whiz said it will be correct on the next mailing.
Sal

calstate360

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaI just realized that between my BIL & the 6Quigs there will be 8 (YES, EIGHT) kids in just 2 sites! :eyecrazy: :yikes: :D

Guess we'll know who Sal & Joan really dislike the most if they put someone between those 2 sites, lol. ;) Maybe we can do a sound test to see what is more sound-proof - a MH or a Hybrid. Even though my BIL's kids are MUCH noisier (& crazier) than the Quigs', my money is still on the MH. :D

Although I can think of at least 3, maybe 4 of those 8 kids who will probably be at our site most of the time anyway giving us 5 or 6. Aaahhhhhhh! J/k! :D
Hum I think you should go in between them, at the other end from us.:#
All in favor say AYE.
AYE!
Motion is passed and carried.
Your wellcome Jeff.:p
Sal

Red neff Barchetta

DOH!   :eyecrazy:  :(

How about I get the end site and we get out the shoe-horn and squeeze & wedge my BIL's mega-MH between the Quigs and us?   :D

6Quigs

Neff, only 8 kids in 2 sites! that should be quiet!
At pismo, we had Mysticomet's cousin parked beside us, and they had 5 kids in their 28 foot Outback(exact same trailer as Y-Guy's), Then next to them was Rojana and her neighbour, and there had to be just as many kids in their group, Then next to them was Simi Rich, and his BIL and Neighbour, and once again more kids than I could count!
We had over 70 children at Pismo, so it should be nice and quiet at Yosemite, and we never lost a Quig all weekend!!

6Quigs

Sal I'll write a check this weekend, and send it to the Queen with the H instead of the N address!! ;)
I'll also talk with Margaret to figure out our exact arrival & departure dates.

Unregistered

Quote from: calstate360I was going to bump this up to the top since plans are underway for 2004, but it was lost in the change to the new host.

HalfDome Hyjinx II
August 5th through 10th, 2004
You can come in as early at Thursday
and leave as late at Tuesday.
The weekend only would be the 6th, 7th, & 8th.

Yosemite Lakes Thousand Trails.
We will again be the superhosts for the event.
We have 25 sites available besides our own.

Cost will be either $24 or $28 per night.
We are trying to confirm this, Last time they said the price would not go up but the new contract states $28 grrrr

Just got confirmation the price is $28 per night.

Map of the campground is at.
http://community.webshots.com/user/calstate360

Campground Website is at.
http://www.thousandtrails.com/_vti_bin/minisitegen.cgi?preserve=163

More info at.
http://www.thousandtrails.com/news/yosemite.htm

When it gets closer I will post the cutoff date for reservations. like last time they are holding my credit card hostage so all payments should be made out to Joan Lutz.
If you are a member of Thousand Trails or a reciprocating
campgroung membership, make your reservations through
them as the cost will be less.

We had a blast last time and if you have never been to Yosemite this is a very good value. It is not easy to get reservations inside of Yosemite and this is only 5 miles from the west entrance. Priest grade posed no problems for anyone attending last time.

Nick will be updating the web page for this rally,
or you can read about the last one.

List of those attending.
Red neff Barchetta
Jeff's BIL
The Quigs
Ckkevin

Sal

Hi Joan,

My husband Dave, myself (Darlene) and the little one, Emily 3, would like to join you all on the Half Dome trip.  We'd be arriving Fri and staying 'til Monday.  We're friends of Ginger's and we've met another family earlier this year at Lake Solano, I believe it was Sacto Campers.  Let me know what I need to do next to be included.  Also, are dogs allowed?  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

I registered several months ago as Darcamps, but can't seem to log on.  I'll re-register.  Maybe I'm having trouble because I haven't been on-line in so long.  Thank you.

Darlene MacDonald  email:  Darsmailroom@aol.com

6Quigs

Just confirmed dates with Margaret.
We plan on arriving on Thursday the 5th, and leaving on Monday the 9th, 4 nights camping.

The check is written, and will be in the mail this week.

Looks like we are getting quite a few more people signed up :D

Red neff Barchetta

Thursday to Monday for us still also.  4 nights.   :)

Sal &/or Joan -
Does the TT cg have a direct line to purchase tix for things to do inside the park or is it easier just to drive to that day's chosen trip destination and take care of it there?
I'm not looking for a discount, just seeing if there is a more convenient way to handle the paper work on these things like at the cg office or somewhere.

Kevin -
70 kids!!!!!!   :yikes:   Guess I'm not that bummed we missed Pismo, lol.

calstate360

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaThursday to Monday for us still also. 4 nights. :)

Sal &/or Joan -
Does the TT cg have a direct line to purchase tix for things to do inside the park or is it easier just to drive to that day's chosen trip destination and take care of it there?
I'm not looking for a discount, just seeing if there is a more convenient way to handle the paper work on these things like at the cg office or somewhere.

Kevin -
70 kids!!!!!! :yikes: Guess I'm not that bummed we missed Pismo, lol.
Heck I'll have to stay for another week just to relax and unwind. :eyecrazy:
The campground has nothing to do with Yosemite although they might have some info in the office. There is a visitors center at the west gate to Yosemite where you can purchase a park pass or if you are disabled like I am you get a free one that will get you and everyone in your car in for free. Good thing my truck only holds 2 people.:p They have all the park info there.
Sal

otter

Happy Holiday
I too just sealed the check:  and sent it to l  l ighlands not being confident in either a N or the H....assume the zip code people will know the difference.  

You can always put us between all those kids...nothing makes me smile more.  We are trying to find a dog sitter for the weekend so that we can tag along sans animals in the Valley.

Congratulations on #10.  Anniversaries are always fun.  I won't tell you how long Lon and I have been celebrating them!!!!!!!  :theking:
hugs

SactoCampers

Quote from: UnregisteredHi Joan,

My husband Dave, myself (Darlene) and the little one, Emily 3, would like to join you all on the Half Dome trip. We'd be arriving Fri and staying 'til Monday. We're friends of Ginger's and we've met another family earlier this year at Lake Solano, I believe it was Sacto Campers. Let me know what I need to do next to be included. Also, are dogs allowed? Looking forward to meeting everyone.

I registered several months ago as Darcamps, but can't seem to log on. I'll re-register. Maybe I'm having trouble because I haven't been on-line in so long. Thank you.

Darlene MacDonald email: Darsmailroom@aol.com ("Darsmailroom@aol.com")
Hey Darlene! I had to double-check my e-mail address book to make sure it was me whom you met at Lake Solane and sure enough it was. Great to see you on the boards.

For those of you unfamiliar, Mrs. Sacto and I met Darlene and her family at Lake Solano while we were on our inaugural trip with the Sactohybrid. Darlene has a beautiful 22 or 23-foot Starcraft Antigua.

I wish we could attend this rally but I don't think Mrs. Sacto is ready for that long a drive so soon after Sactobaby was born.

boncrab

Boy, we sure would love to join you all at Half Dome, but we leave July 31st for 2 weeks to Colorado.  We'll be visiting my brother and we have a couple of ministries we want to visit in Colorado Springs. (Focus on the Family and Bibles for the World).

I just got home from visiting my parents today and came away from there with a list of sightseeing to do.  It will be a great vacation. My parents were there just a couple of weeks ago.

Wishing you all the fun at Half Dome.

Bonnie

Red neff Barchetta

Thanks for the reply Sal.   :)

I'll take care of our day trip plans from here.

calstate360

Quote from: UnregisteredHi Joan,
I registered several months ago as Darcamps, but can't seem to log on. I'll re-register. Maybe I'm having trouble because I haven't been on-line in so long. Thank you.

Darlene MacDonald email: Darsmailroom@aol.com ("Darsmailroom@aol.com")
I answered you by e-mail.
BTW I'm Sal, Joan is Calstate361:)

Sal

Calstate361

Mysticomet,

You were asking about a tent on your campsite.  Here is a quote from the Yosemite Lakes brocure:  "One camping vehicle, one tent, and a maximum of 10 people are allowed per site.  Two additional non-camping vehicles are allowed (please park additional vehicles in the guest parking area)."   So, yes your friends can put a tent up in you site, they will just have to park their vehicle in the guest parking area.  I don't know where that area is located, however,the site map shows an empty area at the end of the campsites (in Sunvalley, where we will most likely be) so that may be the guest parking area.

BTW, those of you who have not sent your checks yet, please put your "handle/board name" in the memo/subject line of your check.  Especially the people we have not met yet so I can figure out who is who and mark down the correct people's deposit.   THANKS

Joan