"Call Of The Wild" NON-rally join if you like w/e, April 16 - 18

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 31, 2004, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Civil_War_Buff

Quote from: SurfcalWow, that's one of those lateral thinking puzzles.  It reminds me of this puzzler.

"A father and his son are involved in a car accident, as a result of which the son is rushed to hospital for emergency surgery. The surgeon looks at him and says "I can't operate on him, he's my son". Explain.

Surfcal

He awoke and said "Hi mom!"

C'mon Ray this is the 21st C. ;-))

But how abouth this:

Mr. Spock is captured by some very unfriendly aliens on a distant planet.  He was taken before a tribunal to decide his fate, which unsurprisingly was death.  Thinking that they were slick they decided to let Mr. Spock decide for himself  how he was to die, they thought for some time then said "make a statement, and if the statement is true you will be burned alive, if the statement is false, you will be killed with a phaser".   Mr. Spock thought for a few moments and then made his statement.  The statement that he made left the aliens no choice but to let him go.  What did Mr. Spock say?

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: Civil_War_BuffBut how abouth this:

Mr. Spock is captured by some very unfriendly aliens on a distant planet.  He was taken before a tribunal to decide his fate, which unsurprisingly was death.  Thinking that they were slick they decided to let Mr. Spock decide for himself  how he was to die, they thought for some time then said "make a statement, and if the statement is true you will be burned alive, if the statement is false, you will be killed with a phaser".   Mr. Spock thought for a few moments and then made his statement.  The statement that he made left the aliens no choice but to let him go.  What did Mr. Spock say?

Oooh, I remember that episode!
He confused them by announcing that he is really Richard's brother who was once married to Mike in a PU.  The aliens reasoning mechanism's then locked up from overload and Mr. Spock simply beamed back to the Enterprise where his mentor SammySlave awarded him with a golden spatula.

That's a great episode!  Thanks for the memories Larry!   :)

And you thought I was ridiculous about PU's, well, get a load of this Star Trek site;
http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/startrek
This guy is a true FANATIC!   :eek:

Nick

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaOk Mike,
now you have me confused (which is easy to do btw).
Isn't Richard your brother?
Is your cousins' reservation a new one? Do they make 12 reservations? Or is Richard your cousin? Do you still need a good tent area in your site?
1.  Richard is my brother.
2.  I have several cousins in Reno.
3.  One of them is tenting in my site.
4.  Another just got a pop up and made a seperate reservation.
5.  See you in a week!

Surfcal

Quote from: Civil_War_BuffHe awoke and said "Hi mom!"

C'mon Ray this is the 21st C. ;-))

But how abouth this:

CWB:

I have to call a Lifeline on this one.  I haven't given up yet.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: Nick1.  Richard is my brother.
2.  I have several cousins in Reno.
3.  One of them is tenting in my site.
4.  Another just got a pop up and made a seperate reservation.
5.  See you in a week!

Cool Mike!  The more the merrier.  Now we have 11 sites for Friday & 12 sites for Saturday.
So, that brings up a question;
Do we "attempt" to save a site in between all of our sites for your PU cousin?  Or would that lead to the possibility of a non-NNC'er choosing a site between all of us Friday night or Saturday morning before your cousin arrives?
I guess I just answered my own question - We should just let them choose their own site upon arrival Saturday.  Maybe one of the neighboring sites will remain empty due to our large group.

As of now I'll stick with getting (hopefully) sites 40 - 50 (11 sites) on Friday morning.

Surfcal

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaOooh, I remember that episode!
He confused them by announcing that he is really Richard's brother who was once married to Mike in a PU.  The aliens reasoning mechanism's then locked up from overload and Mr. Spock simply beamed back to the Enterprise where his mentor SammySlave awarded him with a golden spatula.

That's a great episode!  Thanks for the memories Larry!   :)

And you thought I was ridiculous about PU's, well, get a load of this Star Trek site;
http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/startrek
This guy is a true FANATIC!   :eek:

Okay, here's an answer from my friend who I called on my Lifeline card:

The statement: "I am neither Human nor Vulcan."

Spock is half-Vulcan and half-Human, so that is true. However, since he's still part Vulcan and part Human, the statement is false.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

Btw Ray,
I accept my penalties and will abide by the rules and drink, er carry them out to the fullest extent.

Civil_War_Buff

Quote from: SurfcalOkay, here's an answer from my friend who I called on my Lifeline card:

The statement: "I am neither Human nor Vulcan."

Spock is half-Vulcan and half-Human, so that is true. However, since he's still part Vulcan and part Human, the statement is false.

Surfcal

Very resourceful, but not the answer that the judge(s) are looking for. However that statement just might have gotten him off.  For the sake of this issue, let's assume that the aliens no nothing about vulcans.

towrod

Quote from: Civil_War_BuffMr. Spock is captured by some very unfriendly aliens on a distant planet.  He was taken before a tribunal to decide his fate, which unsurprisingly was death.  Thinking that they were slick they decided to let Mr. Spock decide for himself  how he was to die, they thought for some time then said "make a statement, and if the statement is true you will be burned alive, if the statement is false, you will be killed with a phaser".   Mr. Spock thought for a few moments and then made his statement.  The statement that he made left the aliens no choice but to let him go.  What did Mr. Spock say?

I take a stab - Mr. Spock's statement = "You will kill me with a phaser."

Civil_War_Buff

Quote from: towrodI take a stab - Mr. Spock's statement = "You will kill me with a phaser."

CORRECT!!!  Good job.  This was a logic problem from a book I read in the 80's.  It toolk me a while to figure it out, but I eventually did get it.

6Quigs

Quote from: Nick1.  Richard is my brother.
I thought Dave was your brother
Quote2.  I have several cousins in Reno.
Are any of them named Richard?
Quote3.  One of them is tenting in my site.
Is his name Richard?
Quote4.  Another just got a pop up and made a seperate reservation.
Is his name Richard?
Quote5.  See you in a week!
A WEEK?, I thought this rally was not for another 2 weeks?

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: 6QuigsA WEEK?, I thought this rally was not for another 2 weeks?

Don't anybody tell Kevin that we changed the rally dates while he was off celebrating his anniversary!

SactoCampers

Now that this is an "issue" for us, has anybody checked to find out where the closest dump station is? Reserve America says 15 miles, but anybody know where specifically? :o

SCCS

Quote from: SactoCampersNow that this is an "issue" for us, has anybody checked to find out where the closest dump station is? Reserve America says 15 miles, but anybody know where specifically? :o

I think this is an issue for our wagonmaster to handle. :D

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: RV'erNow that this is an "issue" for us, has anybody checked to find out where the closest dump station is? Reserve America says 15 miles, but anybody know where specifically? :o

I have absolutely no idea Brian.  Sorry.  Believe it or not, the closest place I know of that is on your way home is Camping World in Fairfield.  I'm sure there are places in Santa Rosa, but I would guess you are coming through Sonoma.  You might call some trailer parks in Sonoma (if they have trailer parks in Sonoma that is) to see if you can stop by and dump there (probably for a fee).

If you ask me, it seems like the Hybrid is creating more problems for you.  Guess your Wright's Beach cg days are over.   :D
Can you use a grey water tote (or a 5 gallon bucket) on a Hybrid?