"Call Of The Wild" NON-rally join if you like w/e, April 16 - 18

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 31, 2004, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: SCCSI think this is an issue for our wagonmaster to handle. :D
On second thought Brian.  As soon as you see Scott/SCCS empty his grey water tote drag it over to your site and fill it up from your grey water tank and then replace it next to his PU.  Then we can all sit back and watch Scott scratching his head and swearing he just emptied it.   :D  ;)

Red neff Barchetta

Incredibly busy with work lately (I'm not complaining though).
Since we are close (& Nick is even closer   :D ) I will try and drop in a bit more.

Looks like we are going to try and stay Thursday night also.   :)   Won't know until early Thursday afternoon though.

Have a few new mod's to test out.   :)

Not much new to report except that Mike/Nick has me a bit confused with how many of his clan are coming and when they are arriving.   :)  :confused:

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: SactoCampersNow that this is an "issue" for us, has anybody checked to find out where the closest dump station is? Reserve America says 15 miles, but anybody know where specifically? :o

Brian,
When there is a not a dump station at the campgrounds we often just dump at the Chevron station in south Davis.

zymomyz

Quote from: Red-Julie-BarchettaHave a few new mod's to test out.

Mods !! Did I hear mods... what mods ???  :D  :D

Unregistered

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaNot much new to report except that Mike/Nick has me a bit confused with how many of his clan are coming and when they are arriving.   :)  :confused:

Michele (my wife) and Hunter (my son) will arrive sometime on Friday before 2:00PM, I (me, nick, mike, michael) will arrive on Friday sometime between 2:00PM and 4:00PM depending on when my class ends.  Richard (my brother) and Bea (my sister in law) will arrive sometime Friday afternoon.  Adam (my cousin from Reno) and Zeona (Adams wife from Reno), will arrive sometime on Friday.  Joe (another cousin from Reno, Adams brother and Zeona's brother in law) and Gina (Joe, my cousin in Reno's significant other) will arrive sometime on Saturday and will stay through Monday.

I hope you are less confused now.

6Quigs

Quote from: UnregisteredMichele (my wife) and Hunter (my son) will arrive sometime on Friday before 2:00PM, I (me, nick, mike, michael) will arrive on Friday sometime between 2:00PM and 4:00PM depending on when my class ends.  Richard (my brother) and Bea (my sister in law) will arrive sometime Friday afternoon.  Adam (my cousin from Reno) and Zeona (Adams wife from Reno), will arrive sometime on Friday.  Joe (another cousin from Reno, Adams brother and Zeona's brother in law) and Gina (Joe, my cousin in Reno's significant other) will arrive sometime on Saturday and will stay through Monday.

Still don't know if they are arriving on Friday, April the 9th, or Friday, April the 16th. ;)

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: UnregisteredMichele (my wife) and Hunter (my son) will arrive sometime on Friday before 2:00PM, I (me, nick, mike, michael) will arrive on Friday sometime between 2:00PM and 4:00PM depending on when my class ends.  Richard (my brother) and Bea (my sister in law) will arrive sometime Friday afternoon.  Adam (my cousin from Reno) and Zeona (Adams wife from Reno), will arrive sometime on Friday.  Joe (another cousin from Reno, Adams brother and Zeona's brother in law) and Gina (Joe, my cousin in Reno's significant other) will arrive sometime on Saturday and will stay through Monday.

What about Vader and Roder (sp?)?
Any K9s coming from Reno?
What about Lute, Bonnie, Dave, etc...?

zymomyz

Quote from: Hybrid HollyWhat about Lute, Bonnie, Dave, etc...?

And, what about Grandpappy Amos, Luke, little Luke, Pepino, and Hassie ?  :D

Nick

Quote from: Hybrid HollyWhat about Vader and Roder (sp?)?
Any K9s coming from Reno?
What about Lute, Bonnie, Dave, etc...?
Vader (my dog) and Roder (Richard my brother and Bea my Sister in law's dog) will arrive with their owner.  Lute and Bonny (my mom and dad) will be on a cruise to Mexico and Dave (my brother) is not going.

Unregistered

Since everyone seems to be giving a roll call.  We

Calstate361

Gary/Darth, Although we won't be at the rally either, I can attest to the well behavidness of the NCC dogs.  We have always had many dogs, including our two, at each rally and they all seem to be well behaved and get along with each other.  No need to worry, at all, about our furry friends.   Another great asset is that the kids are also very well behaved and polite.  This is a great tribute to the parents.  We love them all.

Joan

zymomyz

Quote from: Calstate361Gary/Darth, Although we won't be at the rally either, I can attest to the well behavidness of the NCC dogs.  We have always had many dogs, including our two, at each rally and they all seem to be well behaved and get along with each other.  No need to worry, at all, about our furry friends.   Another great asset is that the kids are also very well behaved and polite.  This is a great tribute to the parents.  We love them all.

Joan

I don't own a dog (my cat wouldn't let me  ;) ) but, I will echo Joan's statement about the behavidness (Joan is that a word  :rolleyes: ) of the dogs at the rallies !!

Quigs...errr kids  :D , on the other hand ... well you may hear a lot of "Shane", "Connor", "Brendan" but that's really more the dad than the kids  :D  :D  :D

SCCS

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaHave a few new mod's to test out.   :)

My latest mod is my new Honda EU 2000i generator. This feels like a Tim Allen moment. AUH AUH MORE POWER!

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: SCCSMy latest mod is my new Honda EU 2000i generator. This feels like a Tim Allen moment. AUH AUH MORE POWER!
Woof, woof!

Good choice Scott!   :)   The great thing about a 2K is that it will run your refrigerator at home during a power outtage.
We'll have to run it next to my 1K Yamaha and compare decibal levels.  I have heard that the Honda 2K's are almost as quiet as their 1K's.

Red neff Barchetta

Time for an initial post bump;

We have a reservation for 2 nights at Sugarloaf Ridge SP (reserveamerica.com) which is between Santa Rosa & Kenwood off of Hwy. 12.
We are arriving on Friday, April 16 and departing on Sunday, April 18.
Total cost was $31.50.
They are non-specific reservations. Choose a site upon arrival.
Be sure to state that your trailer is only 24 feet long (hey, mine is only 19' (when closed  )).
This is DRY CAMPING (with NO hook-up's) so I thought I better mention that.
There are plenty of communal water spigots and there are flush toilets (no showers). The camp host has firewood for sale ($5.00 a bundle IIRC). I will have a box of kindling at my site that everyone is welcome to take from.
Bring lanterns & flashlights as this is a SP, not an RV Park (Wait until you see all of the stars!).
I can bring my generator & battery charger if it makes anyone feel more comfortable regarding power.
This is a beautiful SP great for hanging out or doing some terrific hiking. There should still be some water in the creek that runs past some of the sites in mid-April.
The site loops are a terrific place to ride bikes around and keep the kids in view. Also, there is a giant field/meadow in the center of the largest site loop with no sites in the center. Great place for playing ball, stomp rockets, frisbee, etc...
Dogs are fine, but they are not allowed on the hiking trails. (But horses are! What's up with that?! They drop bigger bombs than dogs do, lol.)
There is an observatory and it will be open Saturday night if that interests you;
http://www.rfo.org
Our friend is a docent with the observatory so we would get our own personal star guide if she works that night.
Jack London lived nearby in Glen Ellen and used to ride up to Sugar Loaf regularly. You can visit his home and park. There are also a lot of wineries in the area.
The SP (& cg) is simple to get to;
From Hwy. 12, turn (left if coming from Santa Rosa or right if coming from Kenwood/Sonoma) onto Adobe Canyon Rd. & follow this for a little under 4 miles until you reach the ranger/check-in station.
*The final 1 1/2 miles (+/-) is up a very steep grade as you climb the mountain, but levels off right before you approach the ranger/check-in station.
At the corner of Hwy. 12 & Adobe Canyon Rd. is a great mexican restaurant called "Vineyards Inn" (where we have been known to cheat & have dinner at while camping at Sugarloaf  ).
The phone # for the ranger/check-in station is (707) 833-5712. *This is NOT the reservation phone # btw.
We love this SP, and not only because it is close to our home. There is also a Safeway (9 miles) nearby also.
Just thought I'd mention it if anyone is interested.
We'd love to have you join us!
Last note;
I will be arriving on Friday about 11:00 in the morning, so if anyone joins us you should send me your reservation info. so I can grab you a site next to or near us. The rangers are very cool here (usually).

If I am gone or busy when you arrive;
On my LP tanks will be a white plastic hose (used for a dishwasher) about 4' (+/-) long that you can grab as you drive around the cg loop. Pull up to a cg water spigot (that is on the driver's side of your trailer) and fill up your fresh water tank using this hose. Most of the spigots at the cg are NOT threaded so the rubber end on one end of this hose slips right onto the spigot nicely. Please replace the hose on top of my LP tanks when you are finished with it so the next arrival can use it. This way you can start with a full tank of fresh water before you un-hitch.  

Lists (for Ray) -

Don't forget;
- to fill your WH at home (this is 6 gallons you won't have to fill at the cg)
*don't do the above if your WH is behind your trailer's axle*
- fully charged battery(ies)
- charger (if you have one)
- full propane tank(s)
- grey water tote
- fresh water tote
- flashlights & lanterns
- allergy medicine if you are an allergy sufferer

Attendee's;
9 1/2 PU's
&
2 Hybrid's