"Call Of The Wild" NON-rally join if you like w/e, April 16 - 18

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 31, 2004, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Those "psychologists" sure hated their parents didn't they?  Then they'd try and convince everyone else to blame their parents for everything wrong in their lives too.  What a bunch of quack's!
They're just as bad as the idiots who come up with all of these labels for our kids.  Then the kids get to get out of any trouble they cause and get out of doing any work.  Plus, it gives the kids a crutch they will use through life.

Sorry Tania.  I love ya!   :)   It's just that Freud, etc... get me all riled up.

(wonder if I'll get fined from the ratings board?   ;) )

Red neff Barchetta

7 days to go!!

Whoohoo!

I get the day off today because the kids' school's started spring break a day early.  Not DW's school though.  Weird.
It was nice to sleep in to the late hour of 7am on a Friday.   :rolleyes:

Red neff Barchetta

LOL!  I just read my Freud post and realized I sound like the teacher's husband who punches Jimmy Stewart in "It's A Wonderful Life".

6Quigs

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaThose "psychologists" sure hated their parents didn't they?  Then they'd try and convince everyone else to blame their parents for everything wrong in their lives too.  What a bunch of quack's!
They're just as bad as the idiots who come up with all of these labels for our kids.  Then the kids get to get out of any trouble they cause and get out of doing any work.  Plus, it gives the kids a crutch they will use through life.

Sorry Tania.  I love ya!   :)   It's just that Freud, etc... get me all riled up.

(wonder if I'll get fined from the ratings board?   ;) )

Ya see,
this is a sure sign that Jeff is suffering from
"Vent release lever envy"

Sure hope a few blue fins by the campfire will take care of it

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: A true friendYa see,
this is a sure sign that Jeff is suffering from
"Vent release lever envy"

Sure hope a few blue fins by the campfire will take care of it

I'm willing to give the treatment a try Kevin.   :D

Speaking of blue, I'm off to the RV store to get some "blue stuff" for the CP.  I'm sure I'll leave there with a few other PU things as well.  It's almost as bad as Camping World.  Heavy on the wallet.   :(  ;)

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaI'm willing to give the treatment a try Kevin.   :D

Speaking of blue, I'm off to the RV store to get some "blue stuff" for the CP.  I'm sure I'll leave there with a few other PU things as well.  It's almost as bad as Camping World.  Heavy on the wallet.   :(  ;)

Don't mix up the "blue stuff" with the "Blue fins"

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: Hybrid HollyDon't mix up the "blue stuff" with the "Blue fins"
Good tip Holly!   :(

Sure wish you & the guy who has a Florida beach named after him could join us next w/e.

Have fun on your trip!   :)

Red neff Barchetta

I'm gone until Tuesday night.  I'll check back then.
Should have the PU parked out front by then.   :)

Have a great w/e everyone!!   :)  :)

champ521

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaI'm gone until Tuesday night.  I'll check back then.
Should have the PU parked out front by then.   :)

Have a great w/e everyone!!   :)  :)

Sure will be quiet around here without you. :W  

I fixed my pump problem today. I just ended up taking the head off and pouring water where it looked like it should go and put it back together and it worked! I'm so proud of myself. I have almost no mechanical skills and absolutly no self confidence so this was huge for me.

SCCS

Quote from: champ521I have almost no mechanical skills and absolutly no self confidence so this was huge for me.

:#:#:#

Great job DAVE.

zymomyz

Quote from: DaveI have almost no mechanical skills and absolutly no self confidence so this was huge for me..

Gee, I wish I knew that mechanical skill and self confidence were prerequistes  :)

Way to go!! you're on your way to replacing Jeff in the mod squad  :D

zymomyz

Is it 4 or 3 days till camping, since today is half over  :D

Batteries charged, bikes already on the van, and a new bottle of Hypnotiq...yea, I'm ready to go !!  :D

Red neff Barchetta

Alright Steve.  Sounds like you're all set.   :)   Bikes on the van?  What happened to your rack on the PU?  What's up with bike"s"?  Does that mean your DW is coming along after all?  Are you thinking of going for a mountain bike ride & if so, do you want me to pick up a map of Annadel for you?  Actually, bikes on the van makes more sense for this w/e as you will want to drive to Annadel.  Let me know on that map.

Just checking in really quick.
The 3rd battery is on the charger, generator's oil has been checked, screen room is ready to load, etc...  Bring home the PU tomorrow.  Amy is even going to do a mod. this w/e.  How cool is that?!   :cool:

I'm fighting off a mild cold so we're not sure if we'll go up Thursday afternoon or wait until Friday morning.

Everyone bring along your EZ-Up's, awnings, tarps, etc... if you've got one.  Then the silly reports of light rain on Friday will definitely be wrong.   :D

zymomyz

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaAlright Steve.  Sounds like you're all set.   :)   Bikes on the van?  What happened to your rack on the PU?  What's up with bike"s"?  Does that mean your DW is coming along after all?  Are you thinking of going for a mountain bike ride & if so, do you want me to pick up a map of Annadel for you?  Actually, bikes on the van makes more sense for this w/e as you will want to drive to Annadel.  Let me know on that map.

Just checking in really quick.
The 3rd battery is on the charger, generator's oil has been checked, screen room is ready to load, etc...  Bring home the PU tomorrow.  Amy is even going to do a mod. this w/e.  How cool is that?!   :cool:

I'm fighting off a mild cold so we're not sure if we'll go up Thursday afternoon or wait until Friday morning.

Everyone bring along your EZ-Up's, awnings, tarps, etc... if you've got one.  Then the silly reports of light rain on Friday will definitely be wrong.   :D

Should have been "bike's", as in bike is, rather than "bikes" , as in numerous bikes  :D . I still have the one on the PU, but I didn't like lookin' at the bike wiggle around on the PU while driving  :eek: , played heck with my imagination.

Sure get me a map to Annadel, thanks !!!

I'l throw in the EZ-up-clone !

It's a long story but I may actually have come up on thursday afternoon and stay in Petaluma at the KOA, if they've got room,  then drive to Sugarloaf from there on Friday. But won't know until Wednesday.

Red neff Barchetta

3 days to go!

Steve -
Well, you are going to the perfect place if all you want to do is pop-up and down for a quick over-night'er.  That is the best thing I can say about that er, campground.  Right off the freeway and quick & easy I guess are a few others.  Definitely a good and convenient choice though for what you are doing.  Perfectly level "site" with full hook-up's.
If you think the van can handle the 25-mile drive to SugarLoaf with roughly 180 extra lbs. (20 gallons x 8 lbs./gallon) you might even consider filling up your fresh water tank at the KOA (I'm assuming your WH will already be full).  Just remember the final approach to SugarLoaf is pretty darn steep.
We might actually stay at a few KOA's next summer on the "big trip".  There are a few stops where we don't think we'll be at the PU very often during that particular stay (lots of day trips) so might as well be at a quick & convenient place.
No problem on the map.   :)   I'm going right past the bike shop that sells them later this morning.