"Call Of The Wild" NON-rally join if you like w/e, April 16 - 18

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 31, 2004, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zymomyz

Quote from: Red neff Barchetta3 days to go!

Steve -
Well, you are going to the perfect place if all you want to do is pop-up and down for a quick over-night'er.  That is the best thing I can say about that er, campground.  Right off the freeway and quick & easy I guess are a few others.  Definitely a good and convenient choice though for what you are doing.  Perfectly level "site" with full hook-up's.
If you think the van can handle the 25-mile drive to SugarLoaf with roughly 180 extra lbs. (20 gallons x 8 lbs./gallon) you might even consider filling up your fresh water tank at the KOA (I'm assuming your WH will already be full).  Just remember the final approach to SugarLoaf is pretty darn steep.
We might actually stay at a few KOA's next summer on the "big trip".  There are a few stops where we don't think we'll be at the PU very often during that particular stay (lots of day trips) so might as well be at a quick & convenient place.
No problem on the map.   :)   I'm going right past the bike shop that sells them later this morning.

Actually...  :rolleyes: ... Anne said if I was going to do that why didn't I just stay at Sugarloaf and save $34.00... women  :p

When I went to Joseph Grant a few weeks back I filled up my tanks (26 gallons) and towed. Wasn't bad, but I think I was at my limit. One short steep run and the Ody handled it fine. How long is the steep run at Sugarloaf ?

Unregistered

Whats up!
Well my furnace decided to conk out on us.  Not sure whats up with it.  The blower comes on and I can hear the electrode clicking but wont light.  It will be a few weeks before I can get it into the shop so I had Michele go buy a buddy heater.  Those things are safe for inside the PU right?

My cousin in Reno called me yesterday very distrought.  He was going to pop up his PU to do some prep and snapped a lifting cable.  He is going to try and fix it himself but if he cant they will tent camp this weekend.  Its a mid 90's Forestriver if anyone can pass along any tips I can give him.

zymomyz

Quote from: UnregisteredWhats up!
Well my furnace decided to conk out on us.  Not sure whats up with it.  The blower comes on and I can hear the electrode clicking but wont light.  It will be a few weeks before I can get it into the shop so I had Michele go buy a buddy heater.  Those things are safe for inside the PU right?

My cousin in Reno called me yesterday very distrought.  He was going to pop up his PU to do some prep and snapped a lifting cable.  He is going to try and fix it himself but if he cant they will tent camp this weekend.  Its a mid 90's Forestriver if anyone can pass along any tips I can give him.

Far as the Mr Buddy Heater, which is what I think you're referring to, they do have a low oxygen sensor and should shut off if the oxygen level gets too low, but I'd still make sure you had some ventalation before running it in the PU. And, under no circumstance would I try to run it all night while I was sleeping !

Sorry can't offer any suggestions on the lift cable. I haven't had any experience with them.

calstate360

Quote from: UnregisteredWhats up!
Well my furnace decided to conk out on us.  Not sure whats up with it.  The blower comes on and I can hear the electrode clicking but wont light.  It will be a few weeks before I can get it into the shop so I had Michele go buy a buddy heater.  Those things are safe for inside the PU right?QUOTE]

Nick at the very first campout I lost all battery power. AbDiver came to the rescue with his Mr. Buddy. All I did was leave the slide in the screen door open about 4 inches and it worked fine all night. Let's face it a popup is not airtight anyway.
Good luck we will be at Lake Chabot with full hookups tomorrow thru Mon.
We have to time the Olympic National Races, which is where they will pick our Olympic team.
Sal

Red neff Barchetta

Mike/Nick -
Can he still raise the roof (other 3 corners)?  Couldn't he cut a 2 x 4 to length to hold the roof up in that corner?  Just a thought.  That's all I've got to offer on that one.  Sorry.

The LP was turned on right?  Do you think spiders built a nest in the LP line to the furnace?  Do you have an air chuck (& a compressor or pump) to blow some air through the line?

EVERYTHING I've ever read regarding those heaters (I don't have one btw) says not to run it while sleeping.  If you didn't think someone (or your dog) would bump it in the midlle of the night then I guess you could use it.  Your call there bud.

Steve -
The final approach hill is only 1 1/2 miles.
Btw, you'll pass Ur-anus on the way up that hill.   :eek:
No seriously, there's a marker for each planet scattered throughout the park for a "moon walk" you can take to see the relative distance between each planet.
Uranus just happened to fall right in line with the approach road, lol.   :D

zymomyz

Quote from: Red-the-man-who-fell-to-earth-BarchettaBtw, you'll pass Ur-anus on the way up that hill.   :eek:

This would be a very scary event indeed :D

Red neff Barchetta

So is anyone else going to chime in?

PU's out front.   :)
New Satriani cd is playing - crisp!

SCCS

CHIME CHIME

I just had to do that. JEFF what day and time will you be at sugerloaf? I might take friday off and get their before noon. See you all in a couple of days.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: Scott/I'm calling in sick/SCCSCHIME CHIME

I just had to do that. JEFF what day and time will you be at sugerloaf? I might take friday off and get their before noon. See you all in a couple of days.
That was good Scott.  Sounded like Trevor Hoffman of the Padre's was coming into the game (they play "Hells' Bell's").   :D

We "might" (very loose use of that word) go up Thursday afternoon.  If not, I'll be there between 10:00 & 11:00 Friday morning.  I'd go earlier, but don't want to irk the rangers and not be allowed to set-up until 12:00 or something.
That would be awesome if you made it Friday morning too!   :)

6Quigs

CH - I'M IN[/B]

Looks like we should be able to make it there some time Saturday morning.

I know,
I know Jeff,
we are supposed to be there on friday, but life happens.
Can somebody take care of Champ on Saturday morning and make him a Bloody Mary, as I promised him I would make them on the next rally, and I forgot to bring the fixings to Olema, and that was why he was so grumpy  all day Saturday.

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: 6QuigsCH - I'M IN[/B]

Looks like we should be able to make it there some time Saturday morning.

I know,
I know Jeff,
we are supposed to be there on friday, but life happens.
Can somebody take care of Champ on Saturday morning and make him a Bloody Mary, as I promised him I would make them on the next rally, and I forgot to bring the fixings to Olema, and that was why he was so grumpy  all day Saturday.
Say it ain't so Kev!   :(
You'll be missed Friday, but do I ever know that life gets in the way of some things.  Hopefully it's a good thing keeping you away Friday night.
We'll be watching for you Saturday.  Heck, my oldest DS will probably be waiting at the ranger shack until your oldest DS arrives, lol.

Champ will still be sleeping off Friday night when you arrive.  Remember, they are kidless this w/e.   :D

Now if you pull up in a new TV & trailer at this rally I'm going to start calling you Y-Guy.   ;)

zymomyz

Quote from: 6QuigsBloody Mary[/B]

Hmmmm...

Quote...and that was why he was so grumpy  all day Saturday.

Oh, are you sure that was the reason ???

Red neff Barchetta

Any George Harrison fans out there?

I'm listening to the "Concert For George" cd.  Ringo's "Photograph" has a whole new meaning.  Wow.  George's songs were/are my favorite Beatles tunes.  What a great song writer!

Red neff Barchetta

champ521

I'm pretty giddy right now. :D  The reservations have been made for an 8:30 drop off for Max on Friday morning and tonight DW is finalizing the plans on who gets stuck with DD. We plan on leaving Sac at 9:00 on Friday morning so that should put us at the CG sometime between 10:30 and 11:00.

Jeff- Who are the final attendees?