"Call Of The Wild" NON-rally join if you like w/e, April 16 - 18

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 31, 2004, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Mustang/Mike & Loretta -
You mentioned that your fridge freezes everything even on low.
This is the interior fan we use that I was telling one of you about.  I never got around to showing it to you.
Bought it at that little camping store right down the road from you in Fairfield;
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=6675&src=SRCH&tcode=37
We are still on the original 2 "D" batteries.  We slip a piece of plastic between the battery and contact points between trips.
This keeps a nice even temperature throughout the fridge.
Unless of course you like frozen carrots, milk, butter, etc...   ;)
Just thought I'd mention it.  This was a great purchase for us.

Red neff Barchetta

Sacto -
Where did you finally dump your tanks?  How did the Hybrid tow while they were full?

zymomyz

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaSacto -
Where did you finally dump your tanks?  How did the Hybrid tow while they were full?

Guess you didn't notice him out front of your house  ;)

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: SactoCampersOkay Holly, here's a game:

Connect the person with the SPUT (Zymomyz or Sactocampers):

1. Backed into dumpster
2. Backed into campsite boulders

Now, connect the person with the violation (Zymomyz or Sactocampers):

1. Curfew violation
2. Dog off leash violation

:D

Here's my guesses and rationale...

Backed into dumpster....Sacto....since he is not use to the height of his new hybrid
Backed into boulders....Z.....'cause he could not Z them

Curfew violation...Z.... although that sounds more like Anne Marie!
and I think Mommy Sacto keeps Daddy Sacto on a tight leash.
Dog off leash....Sacto....Mom might keep Dad on the leash but you can't always keep those border collies on the leash.

Red neff Barchetta

SCCS & Z -
You both can rest easy now as I finally did the fresh water tank drain valve mod. this morning you were riding me about.   :)
Should have done this 2 years ago!   :rolleyes:
Leaning under the PU to remove the plastic threaded plug to drain the tank this past Sunday morning in the rain & mud suddenly made it all clear, lol.   :mad:  :)
1/2" drain valve was only $3.50.   :cool:

mustang

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaMustang/Mike & Loretta -
You mentioned that your fridge freezes everything even on low.
This is the interior fan we use that I was telling one of you about.  I never got around to showing it to you.
Bought it at that little camping store right down the road from you in Fairfield;
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=6675&src=SRCH&tcode=37
We are still on the original 2 "D" batteries.  We slip a piece of plastic between the battery and contact points between trips.
This keeps a nice even temperature throughout the fridge.
Unless of course you like frozen carrots, milk, butter, etc...   ;)
Just thought I'd mention it.  This was a great purchase for us.
Thanks for the help!  We'll have to check it out.  Also, what's with the fresh water drain thing?  We must have missed you guys talking about it, but a better way of draining it would be helpful!

Unregistered

Red neff Barchetta

Total cost was $3.44 at Yardbirds (like Home Depot).  The parts were in the Landscaping/Sprinkler plumbing section.
These are the 2 parts I needed:
-1/2" x close PVC threaded riser-;
http://www.cornerhardware.com/item_269263/Orbit/Orbit/WaterMaster-1/2-X-Close-PVC-Riser.html
-1/2" threaded PVC Ball Valve-;
http://www.mobile-mart.com/pvcvalves.htm
Put them together with some teflon tape.

I like the plastic PVC better than brass because I didn't want to put any weight-stress on the fresh-water-tank-drain-opening threads.

No more wrench!   :)   I really should have done this long ago!

Btw, I did this in about 2 minutes this morning inside the brake & tire shop's shop (shop's shop?   :D ) when I dropped off the PU for its annual tire & brake inspection and bearing pack.

SCCS

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaBtw, I did this in about 2 minutes this morning inside the brake & tire shop's shop (shop's shop?   :D ) when I dropped off the PU for its annual tire & brake inspection and bearing pack.

What is this I read,the great NEFF has someone do routine maintenance on his popup. :screwy:

Red neff Barchetta

Quote from: Mr. Greasy handsWhat is this I read,the great NEFF has someone do routine maintenance on his popup. :screwy:
:swear:  :D

Some things I prefer to leave to the experts.  $55.00 per year on the PU so far with peace of mind that the tires & brakes are in great shape and that the bearings are good to go is worth it to me.  Some of the places we go I would definitely not want to have PU-wheel trouble.  Especially if it was due to some moronic rookie move I did.   :banghead:
So yes, I leave some of my "guy strutting" at the door for most things mechanical (even oil changes).
Guess that's why I'm Julie of the NNC Mod Squad.   :D

Unregistered

DW and I were talking last night and she wanted me to post and ask for the recipe for that Broccoli, Onion, and Cheese salad someone made for the Potluck.  BTW it was great.  Not often DW will eat something with Onion in it.

Gary
AKA: Darth Rver (PUX)

champ521

Quote from: UnregisteredDW and I were talking last night and she wanted me to post and ask for the recipe for that Broccoli, Onion, and Cheese salad someone made for the Potluck.  BTW it was great.  Not often DW will eat something with Onion in it.

Gary
AKA: Darth Rver (PUX)

That was made by Nick/Mike's cousin. I really liked it, too. I think he said the dressing was made of mayonaise, red wine vinegar and sugar.

Unregistered

Thanks Dave.  After I posted I figured I should have been specific about the dressing.  I was really expecting a barrage of people telling me

champ521

DW and I took today off to clean and dry everything from this past weekend. I thought we might get some rain today but we lucked out and had some sun with a breeze. It dried everything out nicely.

Surfcal

Quote from: champ521DW and I took today off to clean and dry everything from this past weekend. I thought we might get some rain today but we lucked out and had some sun with a breeze. It dried everything out nicely.

Dave, glad to know you've recovered.  Yup, you don't want any mold growing in your canvas.  Good move.  I had to pop it up on Sunday at my friend's place, but it was pretty dry and I just did it just to make sure.  I'm glad I did.

Surfcal