"Call Of The Wild" NON-rally join if you like w/e, April 16 - 18

Started by Red neff Barchetta, Jan 31, 2004, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

Brian -
I don't think your Electripack (or whatever it's called) will last as long as you think it will.  You better start tearing apart the new rig and locate those batteries the previous owner said were in there.  There aren't any RV Park street lamps glowing up the cg at SugarLoaf.   :D
Be sure to send me your reservation # so that I can try and get you a site on the other side of the cg.  Hopefully you made reservations at the SugarLoaf in Kenwood, not Napa (not too worry, Nick is going to make the correction).   ;)

Good point Ray.  Don't forget lanterns & flashlights everyone!  And be prepared to see "BILLIONS and BILLIONS" of stars.

SactoCampers

Quote from: Red neff BarchettaBrian -
I don't think your Electripack (or whatever it's called) will last as long as you think it will. You better start tearing apart the new rig and locate those batteries the previous owner said were in there. There aren't any RV Park street lamps glowing up the cg at SugarLoaf. :D
Be sure to send me your reservation # so that I can try and get you a site on the other side of the cg. Hopefully you made reservations at the SugarLoaf in Kenwood, not Napa (not too worry, Nick is going to make the correction). ;)

Good point Ray. Don't forget lanterns & flashlights everyone! And be prepared to see "BILLIONS and BILLIONS" of stars.
That was me who put it on the website. Napa, Kenwood, Mondavi, Sony, Mumm, they're all the same.

Even if I do run out of battery power (electripac + two group 24's), I know I can count on your generator blapping away like an out of tune Harley to charge them up......right?

Unregistered

Is this open to anyone?  Haven't been to any ralleys yet but would like to join in.  Looks like you have a lot of fun.  What do I need to do to Join?

Gary
AKA: Darth Rver (PUX)
03.5 Tacoma
97 Grand Cherokee.

Surfcal

Quote from: UnregisteredIs this open to anyone?  Haven't been to any ralleys yet but would like to join in.  Looks like you have a lot of fun.  What do I need to do to Join?

Gary
03.5 Tacoma
97 Grand Cherokee.

Don't let the fun looking pictures and crazy website lead you to believe that it's a fun club.  We are miserable here.

Surfcal

champ521

Quote from: UnregisteredIs this open to anyone?  Haven't been to any ralleys yet but would like to join in.  Looks like you have a lot of fun.  What do I need to do to Join?

Gary
03.5 Tacoma
97 Grand Cherokee.

Just get with the Wagonmaster (Red Neff Barchetta), make your reservation and show up. Be sure to bring plenty of food and beer for everyone. Jeff likes whatever is free as long as it's a microbrew.

Red neff Barchetta

Gary
03.5 Tacoma
97 Grand Cherokee.
Gary -
Great to see you dropping in here!
E-mail me through PUX if you'd like some more info.
We'd love to have you join us!
Just want to be clear though that this "rally" is DRY camping.
E-mail me & I'll give you some details.

Don't let Surfcal & Champ scare you.  We keep those 2 locked up and throw them food & beer ocassionally.
Although I've yet to turn down a GOOD free beer.   :D

zymomyz

Quote from: Darth RverIs this open to anyone? Haven't been to any ralleys yet but would like to join in. Looks like you have a lot of fun. What do I need to do to Join?

Once you past Jeff's drooping eye and nervous twitching, Ray's incessent "buzzing" and, Dave's making you "assume the position" these guys are really not that bad. Even a normal guy like me has returned for more than one rally  :D

champ521

Just made my reservations on-line through Reserve America. Has anybody else used them? It was my first time. What length do you use when they ask for Camping Equipment Length? I used the closed length that it is when being towed. I'll be sending Jeff my # right now.

Red neff Barchetta

Dave -
Glad you can make it!
I just received your res. #.
Yes, almost all of my reservations are through reserveamerica/usa.
Good job on using your closed length.  That opens up a whole other dimension of cg's where you can book sites at.
The way I look at it is with the Utah (& your Bayside) the only additional opened lineal footage appears with the rear bunk.  As the front bunk extends out flush with the tongue of the PU.  If needed, you can open the rear bunk out into/over the camp area of your site and it does not take up any additional room in the driveway area of your site.
Glad you guys are coming!!
Now we just have to hope that there is a nice ranger working on Friday morning that will let me pick all of these sites together.

champ521

We should be kidless and dogless so I hope to get a real early start. Maybe we can give you a hand at the CG.

On the bunk ends; We have camped at a place where the rear bunk was extended over a steep bank on a river. The ground was so far below us it felt like we were sleeping in tree house.

RTurner

Quote from: champ521We should be kidless and dogless

Sounds like a VACATION

Surfcal

Bee Cee:

I took all your words above and rearranged it.  I neither deleted nor added words, but I believe this is what you actually meant to say.

Surfcal

Quote from: champ521I hope to get a real early start at the CG like we were sleeping in tree house.

We should be kidless on the bunk ends so maybe we can give you a hand over a steep bank on a river.

We have camped at a place where the ground was so far below us the rear bunk was extended and it felt dogless.

Red neff Barchetta

Oh, I get it now.  Thanks Ray.
Dave -
Since you & Carrie will be alone on the bunk I'll be sure to get you a nice secluded site.   ;)

And watch where you extend that thing!   :D

zymomyz

Jeff, Dave, and Ray,

I think you guys need to go back and read my post just prior to Dave's "overhanging, doggless thing"  :D . I try to engage you guys in a bit of rabbling and it just slipped quietly by...

I'm hurt  :rolleyes:

(Dave - glad to see you're able to make it. I always list my length fully extended
 :eek: )

SactoCampers

Quote from: zymomyzJeff, Dave, and Ray,

I think you guys need to go back and read my post just prior to Dave's "overhanging, doggless thing" :D . I try to engage you guys in a bit of rabbling and it just slipped quietly by...

I'm hurt :rolleyes:

(Dave - glad to see you're able to make it. I always list my length fully extended
:eek: )
Hi-five zymomyz. Glad I'm going to this rally so I can meet our new rabble-rouser. ;) .