News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Trail lite Hybrid

Started by Unregistered, Feb 28, 2004, 10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unregistered

Hi, new here.  Am a new owner of a hybrid popout.  Wondering if you can camp in the rain in a hybrid popout?  Are there accessories for covering the popouts, for weather protection? (i.e. awning type covers?).  Just wondering.  Thanks for any help.
A new camper

moderator1

We have a forum for Hybrid campers in the members area.  Send me an e-mail with your name, e-mail and username you would like to use and I can set you up with a free trial account.

6Quigs

We have been so lucky with the weather and our Hybrid, that of the 7 times we have camped with it since September, it has never rained.
Now, with our Popup, we got a few raindrops on it.
Easter week last year we camped by the beach and a storm came in, 30 mph winds, and we stayed nice & dry inside.
We did take down the awning due to the strong winds, but the tenting material was fine.
You should have no problems with the tenting material in your Hybrid during the rain. They are made to withstand quite a bit of punishement.
As for covering the popout. The only covering we use is PopupGizmos solar covers that are great during the summer to reflect the solar load from the sun. It will keep the bunk end about 10 degrees cooler. They are held on with clips, and we did remover them last Easter when we camped in the storm for frar they might blow off.

Hybrid Holly

Quote from: UnregisteredHi, new here.  Am a new owner of a hybrid popout.  Wondering if you can camp in the rain in a hybrid popout?  Are there accessories for covering the popouts, for weather protection? (i.e. awning type covers?).  Just wondering.  Thanks for any help.
A new camper

We camped at the Wildflower triathlon last year with our Hybrid.....it rained and rained!  We stayed very dry and warm, those tent camper, however, did not fair so well!

Hybrid Holly