News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Zoom

Started by gsm x2, May 12, 2004, 10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

Good morning everyone from the
of us....keep thinking on that one. :) :eyecrazy: :)

Surfcal

Nobody wanted to post the number 13!  What is it about that number?  Why do some buildings eliminate that number?

Ca-girl

Quote from: SurfcalNobody wanted to post the number 13! What is it about that number? Why do some buildings eliminate that number?
Triskaidekaphobia - some people think that it's origin is from Judas being the thirteenth person at the last supper...and we all know what happened with him!  Jung maintains that it's part of the "collective subconscious" to be afraid of the number 13.  Either way, I avoid it "just in case" :yikes:

And did you ever hear the urban legend about the guys that decided to bungy jump from the top of a skyscraper?  They carefully calculated how tall each story was, and how many stories were in the building.  They just neglected to take into account that there was no 13th floor!  ZOOM.....OUCH!

6Quigs

Quote from: Ca-girlAnd did you ever hear the urban legend about the guys that decided to bungy jump from the top of a skyscraper?  They carefully calculated how tall each story was, and how many stories were in the building.  They just neglected to take into account that there was no 13th floor!

yea I remember hearing about that, but if they were crazy to jump of the fifteenth floor of a building, do you not think, they might slam into the side of the building when they were bouncing up and down?

otter

I heard that story too.

Leave it to a sixteen year old to do something stupid like that.

Kinda like changing sites without popping down!!!!

tlhdoc

I bet the just zoomed up there and jumped with out thinking. :)

Ca-girl

~*~ EIGHTEEN ~*~

Dee4j

NINE TEENs tried to bungee that day

gsm x2

Quote from: Dee4jNINE TEENs tried to bungee that day
Most went yelling. One didn't yell again.

g-whiz

Quote from: gsm x2Most went yelling. One didn't yell again.
That almost zoomed past my brain!

otter

******ZOOM*******************

tlhdoc

A couple of dozen minus the the first counting number. :)

gsm x2

gsm x2

otter

ooops!  did we miss a nuimber or am I still on east coast time?

1= ONE