News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

A ruling on the rules of Zoom

Started by gsm x2, Jun 05, 2004, 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

OK---we need a ruling on "The Rules of On-Line Zoom".

I made up a rule mid-game, but it may not be fair.  What do you think?  In three days, we'll tally the votes.

Scott

6Quigs

Quote from: gsm x2OK---we need a ruling on "The Rules of On-Line Zoom".

I made up a rule mid-game, but it may not be fair.  What do you think?  In three days, we'll tally the votes.

Scott

Which one of the THREE rules that you made up mid game do you want us to vote on??

gsm x2

Quote from: 6QuigsWhich one of the THREE rules that you made up mid game do you want us to vote on??
The rule in question is, "Everyone must include a number if they post to the thread.  Just adding a comment will not be allowed."

Thanks for asking.

I think the ruling that one can't change their number once it has posted is a rule for the that pertains to the any game of Zoom, not just an on-line game.

And for the sake of playing ON-LINE, I think everyone is in agreement that the REVERSE DIRECTION rules of the regular game just won't work when on-line.

Were those the three rules you had in mind?

Scott

6Quigs

Actually none of those three  :eek:

It was the posting twice in a row rule you made up!!

gsm x2

Quote from: 6QuigsActually none of those three :eek:

It was the posting twice in a row rule you made up!!
I made up a posting twice in a row rule???  I don't think so.  I know that I have posted a number of times twice in a row without penalty.  That's the bane of being one of the last two go to bed and the first to wake up in the morning.  And there was no penalty when Steve did seven or so postings in a row.

Yes, I am very sure that there isn't a NO DOUBLE POSTING rule.

Too much Guiness my friend???

gsm x2

6Quigs

Quote from: gsm x2I made up a posting twice in a row rule???  I don't think so.  I know that I have posted a number of times twice in a row without penalty.  That's the bane of being one of the last two go to bed and the first to wake up in the morning.  And there was no penalty when Steve did seven or so postings in a row.

Yes, I am very sure that there isn't a NO DOUBLE POSTING rule.

Too much Guiness my friend???

gsm x2
I know there is not a double posting rule.
Isn't that why you are having the poll, to see if people want it ;)

Looks like you are not getting much interest from everyone on whether your rule stays or not, so apparantly we are free to make up new rules whenever it suits us.

Poor Jacqui. ;)

Ab Diver

Dang! And here I thought Scott was talking MOOZ's and OZMO's, not posting numbers when you post. I mean, that's too obvious... OF COURSE you have to give a number to your post, otherwise it's like interupting the person who's going to say "zoom" at the real campfire version.

BTW-- ONE :D

(pssst, Ray.... you think they bought it?)

6Quigs

So like saying "a case of beer" instead if saying "24" should not be allowed!!

ONE

Ab Diver

Quote from: 6QuigsSo like saying "a case of beer" instead if saying "24" should not be allowed!!

ONE
Naw.... I figure if the word "zoom" can stand for a number (and it's up to you to figure out which number the poster is referring to, and then assume he meant the *correct*  zoom-able number), a descriptive phrase, string of words, sentence, or even a math problem can stand in for the correct numerically-specific designative term needed at that point in the game.

'course, if the poster refers to the wrong numerically-specific designative term, give 'em both barrels.  :D

That's one back to ya. ;)

zymomyz

Quote from: Ab DiverNaw.... I figure if the word "zoom" can stand for a number (and it's up to you to figure out which number the poster is referring to, and then assume he meant the *correct*  zoom-able number), a descriptive phrase, string of words, sentence, or even a math problem can stand in for the correct numerically-specific designative term needed at that point in the game.

'course, if the poster refers to the wrong numerically-specific designative term, give 'em both barrels.  :D

That's one back to ya. ;)

So, it sounds like anything goes as long as it can be interpreted as:

the correct numerically-specific designative term
[/COLOR]