Flying Fish Rally in Redding, Oct 15-17,2004

Started by pcmom, Jun 29, 2004, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcmom

I'd make this a STICKY but I don't know how :(

UPDATED INFO

In honor of the annual Salmon Festival, I have dubbed this "The Flying Fish" Rally for the weekend of OCTOBER 15, 16, 17, 2004.

It will be held at the Mountain Gate RV Park http://mt-gatervpark.com
Map of the park is: http://tinyurl.com/5u9nd

I have reserved 10 sites (circled on the map): 17-22, 27-31
Site #19 is a back-in site with a tree so we are getting that for FREE! We can use that area for our potlucks, etc.

These are all FULL HOOKUPS and PULL THROUGH sites.

Cost per night is: $19 + tax - if we have MORE than 10 sites it will be less
Extra person (OVER 6 yrs) - $2 each (if child IS 6 then they are free)
Dogs: $1 each

WE MUST HAVE AT LEAST 5 SITES OR WE HAVE TO PAY "REGULAR" RATES.

Rec Room is available for FREE to use. We just have to let them know on Friday if we want to use it Saturday for our potlucks. Will be good if it is bad weather.

There are NO fire pits. We can bring a washtub,etc. to use BUT if it is windy or HIGH fire danger then we will NOT be able to have a fire. There is lots of dry grass surrounding the park.

I've paid a $100 group deposit to hold our sites, which will be refunded to me upon check-in.

What I need from you:
  • Your Name
  • Trailer Size (they will be assigning sites)
  • Dates of arrival/departure (fri-sun)
You will pay when you arrive.

Currently Attending:
PCMOM
RTURNER
CALSTATES
THE BAKERS (Calstates friends)

Here is a drive time from San Jose:

From the 101/280/680 interchange at 4:00 pm Monday rush hour to Redding with one 30 minute stop took 5 hours.

Surfcal

Quote from: pcmomSo is anyone interested in coming to Redding for a Rally?

I am looking at the weekend of OCTOBER 15, 16, 17. The annual Salmon Festival happens that weekend if anyone is interested in that. So, this rally could be called "The Flying Fish" Rally.

Or maybe the "Triple Shasta" rally in honor of the 3 shasta's.....Shasta Dam (2nd largest in the USA), Shasta Lake (more manmade shore line than the SF Bay) and Mt. Shasta (2nd tallest in the USA)

If this weekend doesn't work, then we can check into other weekends.

Let me know what you think and then I will search out a location, etc.

Michelle
PCMom:

All I can say is it's like Field of Dreams, "built it and they will come."  If nothing else, you'll have a nice weekend at the Festival.

Surfcal

RTurner

We would be glad to make the drive.  May also bring along my dad and his mammoth Montana 5th wheel.  He's got a darned fireplace in the thing!

Surfcal

Michelle,

You might get in contact with the Y-Guy.  He was intrumental in getting NNC started and he lives in WA. State.  He might make the trek down.  I don't think he's had the same luck in getting a NNC-like cult up there.

Surfcal

pcmom

Quote from: SurfcalMichelle,

You might get in contact with the Y-Guy. He was intrumental in getting NNC started and he lives in WA. State. He might make the trek down. I don't think he's had the same luck in getting a NNC-like cult up there.

Surfcal
Thanks for thinking of Y-Guy.  I'll send him an email.

I think I've found the RV Park for us - right on the river.  There is one more I need to check out then I will make arrangements.

pcmom

For anyone that is interested and perhaps you have seen it advertised, the Sundial Bridge is opening on Sunday.  It is quite the masterpiece.  Here are a few links for anyone that wants to know more:

http://www.viamagazine.com/top_stories/articles/Redding04.asp

http://www.turtlebay.org/sundial/sundial03.shtml#

http://www.tastecaliforniatravel.com/sundial-bridge.htm

calstate360

Quote from: RTurnerWe would be glad to make the drive. May also bring along my dad and his mammoth Montana 5th wheel. He's got a darned fireplace in the thing!
Don't let Surfcal anywhere near it.
He'll burn it down to the ground!;)
Sal

calstate360

Quote from: pcmomSo is anyone interested in coming to Redding for a Rally?

I am looking at the weekend of OCTOBER 15, 16, 17. The annual Salmon Festival happens that weekend if anyone is interested in that. So, this rally could be called "The Flying Fish" Rally.

Or maybe the "Triple Shasta" rally in honor of the 3 shasta's.....Shasta Dam (2nd largest in the USA), Shasta Lake (more manmade shore line than the SF Bay) and Mt. Shasta (2nd tallest in the USA)

If this weekend doesn't work, then we can check into other weekends.

Let me know what you think and then I will search out a location, etc.

Michelle
Sounds good. Keep us updated.
Sal

pcmom

Ok, I decided to post a poll for the October Rally because I know there is some hesitation about making the drive to Redding.

So here goes the info:

In Redding:  
   RV Park right off of I-5, on the River - NO pool or playground - NEW only 3 years old
   Lots of things to do:  Salmon Festival @ Fish Hatchery, Sundial Bridge, Turtle Bay Museum, Redding Aquatic Center, Whiskeytown Lake (nice beaches), Shasta Lake (great for waterskiing), Shasta Dam, Shasta Caverns (30 mins north), Lassen Park (1 hour), Mt. Shasta (1 hour), OHV Area near Shasta Dam
   Downside:  Could be very HOT - 90 degrees + OR could be Rainy

In Hat Creek:
   GREAT RV Park - Pond, Basketball, Big Picnic/BBQ area
   Things to do:  Burney Falls, Subway Caves, Lassen Park
   Downside:  1 hour East of Redding, will be cool

OR  Should we just have a rally somewhere else???

What do you think?

champ521

Quote from: pcmomOk, I decided to post a poll for the October Rally because I know there is some hesitation about making the drive to Redding.

So here goes the info:

In Redding:  
   RV Park right off of I-5, on the River - NO pool or playground - NEW only 3 years old
   Lots of things to do:  Salmon Festival @ Fish Hatchery, Sundial Bridge, Turtle Bay Museum, Redding Aquatic Center, Whiskeytown Lake (nice beaches), Shasta Lake (great for waterskiing), Shasta Dam, Shasta Caverns (30 mins north), Lassen Park (1 hour), Mt. Shasta (1 hour), OHV Area near Shasta Dam
   Downside:  Could be very HOT - 90 degrees + OR could be Rainy

In Hat Creek:
   GREAT RV Park - Pond, Basketball, Big Picnic/BBQ area
   Things to do:  Burney Falls, Subway Caves, Lassen Park
   Downside:  1 hour East of Redding, will be cool

OR  Should we just have a rally somewhere else???

What do you think?

I agree with Ray's "field of dreams" ideaology.

Nick

Quote from: champ521I agree with Ray's "field of dreams" ideaology.
I'd say Hat Creek is a bit far for a weekend so Redding may be cool.  The 16th is my B-day so it would be cool to camp.  Hey and I get a paid day off for my B-day so mark us down as attending.

otter

The Otters will be swimming and idving in Hawaii the month of October.  :)
We won't be making this one!:mad:

g-whiz

The GSM's x2 will just be getting back from a week on the East Coast so have to pass on this rally.  :%

Calstate361

PCmom, what's happening with this rally?

Joan

pcmom

Quote from: Calstate361PCmom, what's happening with this rally?

Joan
Hello Joan,

I've still been scouting RV parks. It's funny that you wrote yesterday because I went to the CA Welcome Center yesterday to see if there were any parks that I didn't know about. It looks like I've seen them all. I've narrowed the selection down to 2 - both are new parks only about 3 years old. My first choice is: http://www.jgwrvpark.com I just talked with them and need to talk with the owner. She will be in the office tomorrow (Friday). So hopefully, I will have specifices by tomorrow afternoon. If you look at the website, you will see a map of the park (very small map!). But the sites on the upper right in a circle area are the ones I am looking at. They are a little more isolated from the rest. The "circle" you see is actually an island in the driveway and has a picnic table on it.

Anyway, hopefully I will have all the details tomorrow. I am still looking at October 15 - 17 if that works for everyone.

In case you want to see my 2nd choice, it is:
 http://www.mt-gatervpark.com/  

The difference is JGW is in South Redding and Mountain Gate is North of Redding - about 20 minutes from JGW.

If you have a preference for one or the other, let me know.