Flying Fish Rally in Redding, Oct 15-17,2004

Started by pcmom, Jun 29, 2004, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTurner

Hi Michelle,
I am so sorry we have been out of communication.
For the past three weeks we have been gutting and remodeling our kitchen  (could not use the computer much as it was buried under debris).  Then this past Tuesday my son had a skateboarding accident. He fell and hit his head right above his right eye (just below the helmet). We were at UC Davis for three days, all is well now.  He has a green/yellow/purple bruise to show for it and we should have a big $$$$$$ bill in the mail soon.

As for the rally, we have a conflict as Ronnie has to leave on Sunday to go to Reno for a week/then I leave for a week on the 25th for work training.  I also have finals for my class at college on the 18th that I have to prep for. It just is not looking good for us to try and get there and then home for him to travel 2 1/2 hours the other direction and for me to actually get the homework done and camp in the same weekend.

I suspect that many people are busy right now-soccer and other winter sports are going strong for the kids, we won't get much camping in until mid-November.

pcmom

The Rally in Redding has been CANCELED due to lack of particpation.:confused:  Apparently, Surfcal's "build it and they will come" ideology doesn't work.

Michelle

Calstate361

PCMom/Michelle,

Sorry you had to do this after all the work you put into it.  I don't understand what is going on with the group at this time.  You do know that the Calstates stuck by you to the end.

Joan

Surfcal

Michelle:

Kudos to you for organizing the rally.  I know several folks that are swamped in October so don't take it personally and don't let it damper your spirits regarding the group.  Bottom line is, it is the group's collective loss for letting a rally slip by.  Thanks for trying.

Surfcal

OC Campers

Michele, I am really sorry about the rally. You put in a lot of work and for nothing. I don't know where everyone is but I have never seen this happen before. We would still like to head up your way some time. Unfortunately, with my husband's work schedule and getting settled up here, October wasn't a good month for us. Please don't take it personal. We appreciate eveything you do.

Jacqui

6Quigs

Michelle, so sorry that you had to cancel this rally.

Yes, this time of year is a very busy time for us, what with soccer and basketball games every Saturday and cub scouts on Friday's.

Thanks for making the effort, and maybe when things slow down, we can make it up to your neck of the country for a weekend.

SCCS

Michelle,
 Sorry that you had to cancel the Flying Fish Rally. We all know what kind of work is involved in setting up a rally, and then you sweat it out to see who is coming and if you are going to meet your minimum number for a discount.
 For us the last few remaining month of the year I need to work as much as possible.(I work construction) So please do not get upset.

towrod

Quote from: 6QuigsMichelle, so sorry that you had to cancel this rally.

Yes, this time of year is a very busy time for us, what with soccer and basketball games every Saturday and cub scouts on Friday's.

Ditto - school and soccer and cubscouts - OH MY!

Please don't be discouraged - I want to visit Lassen and Burney Falls someday "soon."