News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

NCCNephCoff Directory Idea!!!

Started by boncrab, Jul 03, 2004, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boncrab

I'm new here so I'm not sure what anyone would think, but I was thinking as a newbie and after having attended a rally. I remember names of some of the people I met, but I don't know the screennames and sometimes a name is familiar but I can't connect it to a face.

So......

I was wondering if perhaps a picture directory would be something that I could put together. There could be a members only web page where it could be viewed.  It could include names, screen names, phone numbers, addresses and e-mail addy's, perhaps even cell #s, YIM names or ICQ #'s.  

So.....

What do you think?????

Red neff Barchetta

Already done.   :)

E-mail G-Whiz & she'll send you the NNC contact list.

I think a picture directory is already on the NNC website.

SCCS

Yes Jeff you are right. BONCRAB just go to //www.nick-neff-cough.org and click under membership,then click on the name and there will be that persons picture.
 Welcome to the group. :D

boncrab

Yes, I looked at that. Those are neat pictures.

That is however, only part of what I was suggesting. There isn't any addresses or phone #'s or e-mails or YIM or ICQ, etc........

SCCS

Quote from: boncrabYes, I looked at that. Those are neat pictures.

That is however, only part of what I was suggesting. There isn't any addresses or phone #'s or e-mails or YIM or ICQ, etc........
This being an open forum as well as NNC for all to see, I don't think anyone would like their personal address on a website. :yikes: That is why G-Whiz has put together a call list that has all that information and is sent to the members through e-mails or snail mail.

g-whiz

Quote from: boncrabYes, I looked at that. Those are neat pictures.

Hi Bonnie!  NNC is loose, but not that loose.  ;)  We maintain our rights to privacy and safety. :cool: I am in the process of updating the contact list (always after a rally!) and if you would like to be included, please send me your information.  You will find the thread for our contact list info here:

http://www.arveeclub.com/showthread.php?t=51386

gsm x2

I'm with G-Whiz on this. (What a suprise!!! :D ) Got to be careful who you meet on the Internet. There are axe murderers out there.

Hey, wait. I met you all on the Internet.....and a lot of you have axes: :yikes:  While hatchets at least.  Maybe that's better.  Axe Murderers vs. Hatchet Hackers.

Kind of brings new meaning to Internet Hacker don't you think? Or am I the only crazy :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:  one in the group.

gsm x2

boncrab

I know look what I found here...LOL...

I did mention that it would be a members only page with sign ins and moderator acceptance only.....

gsm x2

Quote from: boncrabI know look what I found here...LOL...

I rest my case.  May it rest in pieces.  :yikes:

6Quigs

Bonnie,
Hopefully by now you have e-mailed G-Whiz, and she has sent you the latest list, and has added you to the list.

I know how difficult it must be for anyone new, coming to our rallies, especially when so many of us have camped with each other before, and are like old friends.
We need to work on helping newcomers feel welcome, especially trying to put faces and actual names with the screen names we use here.

I'm curious how you explained all of us to your husband, and if he will let you go camping with us again??

6Quigs

Quote from: SCCSYes Jeff you are right. BONCRAB just go to //www.nick-neff-cough.org and click under membership,then click on the name and there will be that persons picture.
 Welcome to the group. :D
If you want a good laugh,
follow the link, and go to membership, and
just look at everyone's pictures.

I think some are about 2 years old.

The Sacto family has twice as many kids as shown,
Hunter is only a tiny bundle.
and we are missing plenty of people.

Webmaster,
Where do we send recent photos of us for inclusion on the website?

boncrab

Hmmmm.... "What do you mean let...... :confused:   LOL

I had a great time and am desperately looking to see if I can make any of the others.

We leave on the 31st for Colorado for 2 weeks.  I want to try and make the tahoe rally.

Bonnie

SactoCampers

Quote from: 6QuigsWebmaster,
Where do we send recent photos of us for inclusion on the website?
I'm not technically the webmaster but was the one who set up all the photos on the site. There is no way I can maintain the individual family photo webpages on the NNC website and was thinking of removing them entirely since they are out of date and take up storage space. I also had to take down the map of previous rallies because I cannot maintain that either. I don't know if anyone else is willing to take on those responsibilities as I simply no longer have the time. The best I can do right now is try to keep the rallies updated and move old rallies into the "Past Rallies".

I guess Bonnie will just have to take her chances with this group! Remember the first rally at Bodega Dunes? We all had similar stories about family members looking at us like wackos when we said we were camping with folks we met on the internet :D .

griffsmom

Quote from: gsm x2Or am I the only crazy :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: one in the group.

gsm x2
Uh huh. ;)

boncrab

I am willing a willing taker of that responsibility if the general consesus agrees.

I have 50mb of personal web space with my isp service and most of it is sitting empty unused.  And it won't cost me anymore than I'm already paying....

Let me know what you think.....