News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

How to be NNC Chat Ready

Started by Surfcal, Jul 08, 2004, 02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfcal

Well, last night, we did the research version of the NNC chat. G-Whiz, GSMX2, Ca_Girl and I had a chat session and we all agreed that the chat program via Yahoo! is much better than the one on PUT.

Chat is pretty entertaining and it's actually not a waste of time, especially right before a big rally. So, to get everyone on the same system, all you have to do is have a Yahoo! I.D. It's free. And then on chat night, we'll have a designated moderator than will invite you to the chat conference room.

A Yahoo! I.D. is also good for online gaming between NNC members on Yahoo! Games. Last night, we also played Dominoes and Ca_Girl & I kicked their butts. So, to extend those card, dominoes and board games we play at camp, Yahoo! Games is a great way to keep that ongoing in between rallies.

And for all the newbies, PayPal has been a great way for getting site payments to the wagonmaster. All you need is an email address and to sign up is free. Oh, by the way, you also need money in your account to make payments.

Well folks, that's it for your online updates from your local geek.

Anyone up for a game of dominoes tonight?

boncrab

What I'd like is to know the yahoo names of those who have one so I can chat with you when online.

Mine is crabtreelighthouse.

Can't Wait till we can Rally again,

Bonnie

Surfcal

Quote from: boncrabWhat I'd like is to know the yahoo names of those who have one so I can chat with you when online.

Mine is crabtreelighthouse.

Can't Wait till we can Rally again,

Bonnie
Good idea Bonnie.  I think the best solution is for everyone that wants, they can post their Yahoo! IM I.D. in the user profile.  And then, whoever is the chat moderator that night, you just query them that night and they'll let you into the conference.

But, posting your ID in the user profile makes it accessible to all the members.

Ca-girl

I, too, am a big fan of the Yahoo! chat idea instead of the PUT chat.  Besides...there's always the possibility that I'll type in the wrong box and embarass myself again! :yikes:

And last night, we expanded our dominoes game to include Nick.  It was a lot of fun because if you wanted a break from the game, there was an extra person to take your seat!  It was like musical chairs online. :D

For those of you that don't already know, you can get your Yahoo! ID here:

http://edit.yahoo.com/config/eval_register?.done=http://messenger.yahoo.com&.src=pg

And I have my Yahoo! ID in my profile so you can add me as a "buddy" to test it out.