No Name Rally (Olema) February 17 - 20, 2005

Started by Nick, Jul 08, 2004, 05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calstate361

Dave, good luck in getting an answer, I'm still waiting for my answer and that was over 3 weeks ago.

Joan

Surfcal

Calm down people.  Nick will answer your questions when time comes.  In the meantime, he's in solitude gathering his mental thoughts as the leader of this excursion.

Surfcal

g-whiz

Quote from: SurfcalCalm down people. Nick will answer your questions when time comes. In the meantime, he's in solitude gathering his mental thoughts as the leader of this excursion.

Surfcal
Yes, I see Mike with Blue Fin in hand, gathering his thots on how to best answer the many questions that we bring forth.  Since this is the 3rd Annual Olema Rally, he probably thinks we know exactly what to do and exactly what to expect.  ;) Actually, he might be right.  Send your money, show up on exactly the day you said you would, partake of the good food, good company, good drink, leave on the day you indicated when you signed up and all is well!  Whoever is showing up on Thursday, see you then!!!!! :D

gsm x2

Quote from: SurfcalCalm down people. Nick will answer your questions when time comes. In the meantime, he's in solitude gathering his mental thoughts as the leader of this excursion.

Surfcal
Has he recovered from December 31 or is Nick Ray Banned too?

gsm x2

g-whiz

I'm only Ray-Banned if he offers me the tiniest, cutest little drink ever!  :D

OC Campers

What is the best route to get to Olema from Sacramento?  I am really looking forward to the rally.

Calstate361

Jacqui,

Nick will post directions and they are probably in the first post for this thread already.  We have used the directions on the Olema Ranch Campground:  www.olemaranch.com.   We take Hwy 80 past Davis and Vacaville to Hwy 37 (the turn off at Great America/Marine World, you drive right past it).  Here are the rest of the directions from the site: "As you reach Hwy 101, do not get onto Hwy 101, but take the South Novato Blvd. exit.  Follow through Novato for approximately 10 miles until it ends at Point Reyes Petaluma Road.  Turn left.  continue on for 10 miles (towards the end you will hit one stop sign, continue on straight, the road turns into Platform Bridge Road) to sir Francis Drake Blvd., turn right.  It ends at Hwy 1 in Olema.  Turn onto Hwy 1.  The Campground is located 1/4 mile on the left.  DO NOT follow the Yahoo road map directions, they are WRONG."  There are two entrances, one by the big barn/gas station, go to the second one, that is by the store and where you check in.

We have been there for all the past rallies and kind of know where we are going (it can get a bit confusing) so if you like we could meet up and you can follow us.  We are arriving on Thursday.   We live in North Highlands so with you coming from Rocklin we could meet somewhere, maybe on Madison Avenue. I have some friends that live in Elk Grove that are also coming to this rally, but don't know if they will be meeting up with us or not.  I also have another friend that lives about 5 minutes from us (off of Don Julio and Eklhorn Blvd.) that want to also come if Nick/Mike has a cancellation, so we could end up with a caravan.   We can talk more about it as the date gets closer.

Joan

OC Campers

Joan, thank you for the offer.  We would like to caravan down.  I need to check the kids' school schedule.  I am not sure if they can miss 2 days of school or just 1.  Have you thought about what time you want to leave?  I am sure with the 80 traffic that sooner is better.

I didn't realize you and Sal were so close.  I come down your way every Tuesday AM to bowl at Mardi Gras on Madison Ave.

Jacqui

Ca-girl

Well, you come even closer to ME Jacqui!  I live off Fair Oaks Blvd....about 3 or 4 miles from Mardi Gras Lanes. :)

Calstate361

Jacqui,

We usually try to leave around 10:00 after the traffic has settled down. It is only a 2-3 hr. drive depeding on if we have to make stops. Last year we blew a trailer tire by Davis and because Sal didn't want to take the chance of driving all the way to Olema without a spare, we spent over an hour trying to find a place that carried trailer tires. (FYI, Les Schwab usually has them.) The emphasis was on try because it all depends on how Sal is feeling and how quickly he can get the last few things loaded in the truck and get the trailer hooked up. We can discuss a caravan when it gets closer to the date.

We live on the other side of the Madison Freeway overramp.  I usually go to the Smart & Final that is connected to the same parking lot as Mardi Gras Lanes. I'm sure you have seen it driving in to go bowling.

Tanya (Ca-girl), I didn't know you lived that close to us either. I know Champ521 (Dave & Carrie) live in Citrus Heights, and Towrod (Rod & Debbie) live in Sacramento (don't know where) so we are all fairly close to each other.

We can try to connect and work out the details later.

Joan

Nick

Hey folks, sorry for the absense.  I was sick most of last week and the last thing on my mind was getting on the computer.  Anyway, I'll get a list up of attendies here in the next few days.  Joan, we did have a cancelation so your friend can come.  Just need the deposit real quick.  BTW for some reason your last email went into my junk email folder.

Calstate361

Nick/Mike,

Great to see you up and about again.  I thought I was going to have to come looking for you! :compumad:

That's strange about my last e-mail because I use the same one all the time; the one that is listed on the NNC Roster.  A lot of time it is our servers here at work, they do some strange things.   Sometimes it takes a day for Sal to get one of my e-mails.   We say, here at work, that the e-mail and voice mail messages get to us via Florida because they take forever to post!!!

I will let John & Teresa Baker know that they can attend the rally.  They will be really happy about that.  I will give them your address to mail the deposit.

THANKS, Joan

OC Campers

We should try to put a mini rally together somewhere here in Sacramento. There are so many of us in the area. Just have to find the right spot.

We can talk caravan later on when we get a little closer. My life is pretty crazy right now. Randy has to commute to Dallas for 5 weeks and this is the first week he is gone. Fortunately, he gets to come home on the weekend but MAN, I don't know how single parents do it.

Jacqui

Calstate361

Jacqui,

I don't want to steal the thread, but it is the Mondolian Barbque?  We have been wanting to try it.  Also, I sent you a private e-mail.   Talk to you later.

Joan

OC Campers

All taken care of Joan