No Name Rally (Olema) February 17 - 20, 2005

Started by Nick, Jul 08, 2004, 05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OC Campers

Quote from: Calstate361Jacqui,

Of course we can eat all day....but that is not what I was talking about. I can't remember where I read it, in this thread or the Chapinno Cookoff thread, but it was mentioned, by I think Nick/Mike, to cancel the pot-luck because of how long it will take to do the hike. That's why I offered to simi-coordinate it for Nick/Mike since he will be on the hike and I was sure there would still be a few of us that didn't go on the hike.

This is cool, getting somewhat of a list of what people will be brining for both breakfast and dinner on Saturday.

Joan
Whew, I was worried.  The potluck can't be cancelled.  Eating is what I do best.:D   Thanks Joan for heading this up.

Jacqui

Nick

Quote from: OC CampersWhew, I was worried. The potluck can't be cancelled. Eating is what I do best.:D Thanks Joan for heading this up.

Jacqui
Please refere to my post a few posts up.  The potluck was never cancled.:eyecrazy:

Surfcal

I think the general consensus is that we hold a potluck, no matter the tide.

Ca-girl

Wow...this is just like old times.  Three weeks to go until the rally, and everyone is so excited they can't stop posting about it!  It must be spring camping fever kicking in a little early.  I've missed the RRing and food discussions that get me all riled up before a campout!
 :!

zymomyz

Quote from: [COLOR=BlueNick[/COLOR]]Please refere to my post a few posts up. The potluck was never cancled.QUOTE]

So, Nick, does this mean the potluck is officially un-cancelled  :Z

Surfcal

So, I guess we owe a debt of gratitude to Calstate361 for saving the potluck.  Yay Joan.

Surfcal

gsm x2

What????  Nick cancelled the potluck. :yikes: Horrors and travesty!!!  :eyecrazy:

This calls for a mutiny...hang him from his thumbs...put him in the cave at low tide...strap him to an ABS roof and crank it up.

OK--he really didn't cancel the potluck, but let this be fair warning to all future Wagon Masters, the potluck is sacred and any effort to cancel it will be rouse the rabble. The Pope would have better chance of banning Easter sunrise services.

gsm x2

Calstate361

You guys crack me up, LOL!!! I never said that the Pot-luck was cancelled, I said that there was TALK about it so I added my 2 cents to keep it going, just in case. Keep up the RRing....I love it.

Surfcal, if you brine some sort of carcuss, don't you think you should cook it after you brine it?

Do we want to start a list of what people are bringing for, at least, the dinner pot-luck? I'll keep the list?

Joan

Surfcal

Well Joan, I'll cook it, but you said people were brining stuff so I thought I'd join in.  See quote below!

Quote from: Calstate361Jacqui,

"This is cool, getting somewhat of a list of what people will be brining for both breakfast and dinner on Saturday."

Joan
Actually, I will be rotisserie-ing a pork shoulder.  Nick and I tried it out the last time we went camping and it turned out well.

Long live the Potlucks!

Surfcal

Nick

WE NEED ANARCHY!:swear: NO POTLUCK LIST!!:banghead:   LOOK :book: AT THE DEFFINITION OF POTLUCK!!!:screwy:

Can't wait to have a few :!

champ521

Z-It's called Chapino because all Ray and I will be wearing when we make it is a pair of chaps! :yikes:Don't for get to bring yours.

Joan- Put me and Ray down for a pot of chapino.

21 days for some
22 days for others
23 days for most

pcmom

Nick,

Did you get my email about us possibly coming on Thursday?  Is there a site available for Thursday night?

Thanks!

Michelle

Nick

Quote from: pcmomNick,

Did you get my email about us possibly coming on Thursday? Is there a site available for Thursday night?

Thanks!

Michelle
Yes, no problem.

Calstate361

OK, OK, OK NO POT-LUCK LIST!   We will just post what we will bring so there won't be any duplicates.

Joan

towrod

Quote from: Calstate361OK, OK, OK NO POT-LUCK LIST!   We will just post what we will bring so there won't be any duplicates.

Joan

Well Z and I will also be bringing Chap-pino but I don't think ours will have a brined pork leg :yikes: sticking up out of the pot so it really won't be a duplicate! :D

Did I mention that I might bring homebrew?
:!