News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: April Rally

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

g-whizSounds like a crowd on thursday.  At least with 12 reserved spots there will be no claim jumping.  Keep your broomstick handing Patricia, you never know if it is a real ranger or an impostor.  You have to be so careful these days.  

griffsmom

Civil_War_Buff

QuoteORIGINAL:  Civil_War_Buff

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

NO.  Hitting Rangers is a definate Bozo NoNo.

gsm x2

HA HA HAAAA a Bozo NoNo, I haven t heard that term in YEARS, thanks TOS, that made my day......[:D]

I am LOL myself on that one![:D]

I LOVED Bozo as a kid and used to practice lining up two forks and then hitting one so that the other would backflip into the drinking glass because I was so sure I was going to be on Bozo s show someday and win that big container of toys!

gsm x2

g-whizTwo weeks to go.

Everything seems to be pretty stable.  Just four maybes out there.  But we know about them and will deal with them when they come up.

Larry and Rita maybe can t attend.
 Ray may be able to attend
 Millie may be able to attend
 Our friend Anita, who met many of you at Lake Casitas, bought a popup and may be able to attend.

I certainly hope that I am right about there being sites available when we wake up Friday morning.  I am certain that I am right about that count.

So solidify those plans.  Yippee, we re going camping.

gsm x2

g-whiz

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Two weeks to go.

Everything seems to be pretty stable.  Just four maybes out there.  But we know about them and will deal with them when they come up.

Larry and Rita maybe can t attend.
 Ray may be able to attend
 Millie may be able to attend
 Our friend Anita, who met many of you at Lake Casitas, bought a popup and may be able to attend.

I certainly hope that I am right about there being sites available when we wake up Friday morning.  I am certain that I am right about that count.

So solidify those plans.  Yippee, we re going camping.

gsm x2

The worst case scenario (and it ain t that bad) is that a late arriver might have to park out in the overflow area an walk back to the action area.  It is a completely workable situation! [:)]

Chez Way

g-whizHey everybody,  
 Just checking in on the plans...I can t believe that SLO is just two weeks away.  Yahoo!  Looking at the recent posts, I may be having a D OH moment myself...we won t be there until Friday evening (kids in school)..does this mean we are camping in the overflow area???

I m thinking of making a main course spinach salad for my potluck donation (it s got bacon, eggs and jack cheese in it).

I also got an Easter craft project for the 12 and under crowd.  We ll probably work on it in the late morning on Saturday if anyone is interested.

See y all in a couple of weeks!

gsm x2

Chez Way
QuoteLooking at the recent posts, I may be having a D OH moment myself...we won t be there until Friday evening (kids in school)..does this mean we are camping in the overflow area???

Jeanne--You have a space reserved for Friday and Saturday, so you won t have the overflow area.  In fact, everyone on the list below has a space reserved for Friday and Saturday nights.

1 gsm x2 & g-whiz
 2 Cottonwooder
 3 Sammyslave
 4 Otter
 5 Nick
 6 Lute and Bonny
 7 Dave
 8 Rick & Bea
 9 DuaneFamily
 10 Stimpy
 11 Chezway
 12 Oldmoose

Thursday arrivers should take one of the spaces we have reserved, then pay for Thursday night s site.

People that are not on the list but are arriving Friday, should let me know so we can pay for your site Friday morning and stick a car in it until you get there.

I know that this isn t as nice as " Here is YOUR SPOT (until Ray takes it), but I am confident that everything will work out perfectly.

gsm x2

otter

gsm x2TOS: are we camping in a particular area that I should know about: Our do we just ask at the gate where the rabble rousers  area is ?
 I could go back and read the whole thread and find the answer, but I know you are looking for legitamate reasons to up the # of postings.  
 peace brother V

gsm x2

gsm x2
QuoteTOS: are we camping in a particular area that I should know about: Our do we just ask at the gate where the rabble rousers  area is ?
 I could go back and read the whole thread and find the answer, but I know you are looking for legitamate reasons to up the # of postings.

I ve asked to be put in the first circle because it is nearer the restrooms.  They haven t told me about assigned spaces yet.  But last time we were there on a Thursday morning, we did notice RESERVED signs hanging on many of the posts.  Upon closer inspection, the spaces were reserved for a few days hence.

So I imagine that our RESERVED signs will be posted on OUR SPACES on Tuesday.  We ll be there early on Thursday, so we ll have the lay of the land by the time you will be arriving.

gsm x2

Stimpy

gsm x2We re planning on leaving home between 9-10am, so should be there around 1-2pm I guess.   Not sure on what we re bringing for Sat. night, but since Spongebob s other name is  Martha  I m sure he ll come up with something good.

CAN T WAIT TO GET CAMPIN" !!!!!!![:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

Surfcal

gsm x2I am stealing this idea from the Campfire forum, but nonetheless, it s a great tool, a countdown.

11 DAYS TO GO UNTIL SLO

Surfcal

otter

gsm x2Do this mean you are coming Ray?  Or are you just the NNC official counter-downer?
 otter

oldmoose

gsm x2OK, our main dish is Kampers Stroganoff in the Dutch oven. Made a hot crab dip in th 10"  DO over the weekend and it was yummy. Also made a blackberry cobbler and while it was good, it needs more work. We went to the Santa Clarita Cowboy Festival this past weekend and had fun.

g-whiz

oldmoose

QuoteORIGINAL:  oldmoose

OK, our main dish is Kampers Stroganoff in the Dutch oven. Made a hot crab dip in th 10"  DO over the weekend and it was yummy. Also made a blackberry cobbler and while it was good, it needs more work. We went to the Santa Clarita Cowboy Festival this past weekend and had fun.

You can practice the hot crab dip at SLO.  I give you permission. [;)]

gsm x2

gsm x2I took a little control over the website for this rally and put it at:

http://www.avenuecable.com/~gsmx2/sloescape/

It isn t all done yet.  Should be finished by tomrrow night.

See you later,

gsm x2

gsm x2

gsm x2
Quotehttp://www.avenuecable.com/~gsmx2/sloescape/

It isn t all done yet. Should be finished by tomrrow night.

Actually, now it is all done.

gsm x2