News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: April Rally

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OC Campers

NickScott and Georgeanne thanks for taking this on, the location sounds perfect, unfortunately Randy s nephew is getting married that weekend.   The only weekend we have available now is the first weekend of April, but please don t change the dates because of us.  Hopefully, we can meet everyone another time

With Scott s " wagonmaster skills"  it will for sure be a fantastic weekend.

Jacqui

g-whiz

Surfcal
QuoteApril showers bring May flowers.

So, let a smile be your umbrella!![:)]

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuoteHey Patricia---sorry I didn t spend more time with you at Vons. Had my head all set on getting home for the Super Boring Bowl. Should have stayed and chatted. What tow vehicle did you get?

I mentioned to Mike that you seemed to be in a hurry, later realizing it was probably because you were dashing off to the game.  When SuperBowl is on, the stores empty out, as do the parking lots and roads.  It s my fave day of the year to hit the stores, especially Vons!  (BTW, I set a new savings record that day: $62.37 off the grocery bill!  Didn t have to spend a couple of hundred to do so either.  Final total was $86.27.  The chicken and steak alone saved $30, less than half price!)  [:D]

It s just a " big, white truck"  to me.  It s a 1999 Ford F150, V8, 5.4 L, 3.55 rear axle, rated to tow 8,200 lbs, and either an extended or supercab for the longer wheel base.  (Got a crash course in truck lingo these last two weeks during our search.)  It s not for C wood, but for the triple-bunk trailer we eventually will move up to.  So we ll be a white truck pulling a white PU.  A splash of color is badly needed here!

gsm x2

Nick
QuoteIt s just a " big, white truck"  to me. It s a 1999 Ford F150, V8, 5.4 L, 3.55 rear axle, rated to tow 8,200 lbs, and either an extended or supercab for the longer wheel base. (Got a crash course in truck lingo these last two weeks during our search.) It s not for C wood, but for the triple-bunk trailer we eventually will move up to. So we ll be a white truck pulling a white PU. A splash of color is badly needed here!

Sounds like a step ladder might also be in order.  [;)]

gsm x2

Surfcal

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

When SuperBowl is on, the stores empty out, as do the parking lots and roads.  It s my fave day of the year to hit the stores, especially Vons!  (BTW, I set a new savings record that day: $62.37 off the grocery bill!  Didn t have to spend a couple of hundred to do so either.  Final total was $86.27.  The chicken and steak alone saved $30, less than half price!)  [:D]

Those Club Cards are the best aren t they?  There s a sale on Dungeoness crabs right now at Safeway/Vons.

Surfcal

Civil_War_Buff

Surfcal

QuoteORIGINAL:  Surfcal

There s a sale on Dungeoness crabs right now at Safeway/Vons.

Surfcal

They sure are, Veronica brought home a couple of crabs from Safeway this weekend, and I will finish off the last of them tonight!!  This was a truly wonderful year for crab (especially in light of the " strike"  last year).

Cottonwooder,  Veronica (the DW) said the same thing!! As soon as the coin toss was over she headed out, says she loves shopping during the game.  She said that the Target parking lot looked like the store was closed!!

Happy Campin  <><

Civil_War_BuffWhat luck, school is out that second week of April!  If Mike can get a day or two off, we might be able to head up a day early.  We ll see.

6Quigs

QuoteWhat luck, school is out that second week of April! If Mike can get a day or two off, we might be able to head up a day early. We ll see.
What s this, have we got school kids logging on here, and hoping to bring their mikes with them to our rallies!!!

Cottonwooder

6Quigs
QuoteWhat s this, have we got school kids logging on here, and hoping to bring their mikes with them to our rallies!!!

Me again :::sigh:::   I logged in, I SWEAR it!  Tried logging in again, and this time watched the message box, which said there s no such member.  I had changed my password yesterday, and it was remembering the old one.  :::sigh again:::

I trust it says " Cottonwooder"  now?  Heck, I should have just gone for the user name " Guest" , LOLOLLLLLLL!!!!  [:D]

gsm x2

Civil_War_BuffMade a decision.  El Chorro it is.

I was influenced by the G-factor.  Some of her favorite places are right around there.  Cambria, wine tasting galore, Moonstone Beach.

So, Mike---do you think you can get your family to drive an extra hour to be near the ocean instead of near the Stanislaus River?

I ve reserved 12 spots with hookups nearest the restroom from April 11 - 13.  Nice places with shrubbery and trees isolating the sites from each other.  So set the dates aside.

They will send me all the details today, so hopefully tomorrow or Saturday I can give specifics.  We can make changes up until fees are paid, which is February 21st.  To those arriving on Thursday, just pull into one of the spots that are reserved for us and pay the night s fees.  Being that it s on a Thursday, in April, we just don t anticipate any problems.  G and I can get there early an horde spaces if necessary.

Details forthcoming....check those calendars and we ll see you there.

Mike--a hour further than San Lorenzo....you know you re family loves us.  See you there???

gsm x2

Nick

Civil_War_BuffI ll see what I can do.

Nick

Civil_War_BuffJust found something funny in my Foghorn Outdoors book on this campground.  

" Note that there s a men s prison about one mile away.  For some people, this can be a real turnoff."

So, loooks like the bodies get dumped at Chabot and then they end up at El Chorro.[:D]

Surfcal

gsm x2
QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

Made a decision.  El Chorro it is.

gsm x2

Wow.  I am in awe of the power demostrated by our Wagonmasters.  With a single decision, the Wagonmaster determines the fate of dozens of individual campers on where they will travel and camp, like a General leading his troops.

Yup, no votes, no plebicites, no white smoke coming out of chimneys, just pure gut instincts powered by experience and wisdom, and the courage to lay it out and declare where we are to peacfully assemble.

Good job Scott.  I m with you man.  I ll be there.

Surfcal

SactoCampers

gsm x2Scott, you officially have a rally going. It s even on the web page.

I also admire your cajones for making the bold decision. I was feeling a little insecure about choosing the June rally site....especially after seeing how democratically they are putting together the eastern rally.[8D]

Nick

Civil_War_BuffWell my mom said thats where she wanted to spend her b-day weekend so the Nick clan is in.  That would account for three sites, nine people.