Main Menu

RE: April Rally

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

Quotewhen they read that she was described as a " Party Pooper."

:::sigh:::  I didn t say G was a party pooper, I said her HHS rules were.  [>:]

We shall discuss this at SLO.  Beer, wine or marguaritas???  Pick you weapon.

I get to pick the table because I want to make I ll sleep well once I ve been drunked under it by my SBP friend.

gsm x2

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuoteBeer, wine or marguaritas??? Pick you weapon.

Pepsi.  With all the talk about booze with this group, eventually you d have to find out that I don t touch a drop of anything.  Can t stand the taste of it.  Thank goodness, otherwise these kids would have driven me to drink, LOL! [:D]

Cottonwooder

gsm x2Man, I missed a Flip that was right under my nose.  That tells you how tired I am. [:(]

otter

Cottonwooder
QuoteMan, I missed a Flip

You ll get hte next one.....  I have faith in you!

gsm x2This is gsm x2 from Malibu

Six or Five days to go.

gsm x2 live from Malibu--but it s light so I don t have night vision goggles on

Cottonwooder

QuoteThis is gsm x2 from Malibu
 Six or Five days to go.

Hmm, me thinks this is an imposter.  

1)  TOS would know how to sign in under his name.
 2)  TOS knows exactly how many more days to go.
 3)  No ATT in this post.

oldmoose

gsm x2The Shadow Knows!!

otter

Cottonwooder
Quote1) TOS would know how to sign in under his name.

He might have had problems getting thru on the pay phone at the campground.  No DSL there!

2) TOS knows exactly how many more days to go.

Some people come Thursday and some on Friday; he might have wanted to include everyone

3) No ATT in this post

I guess your right:  it ain t TOS

Cottonwooder

otterThis time next week we ll be there, but have been so busy here these past couple of weeks, haven t had time to really think about it.  Argh![>:]

Hey, has anyone else noticed that the bottom two icons on the left (Andy Rooney and horrified face) aren t included with the group above?  Strange!

otter

Cottonwooder
QuoteThis time next week we ll be there, but have been so busy here these past couple of weeks, haven t had time to really think about it. Argh!  

Hey, has anyone else noticed that the bottom two icons on the left (Andy Rooney and horrified face) aren t included with the group above? Strange!
cottonwooder

And!  i m ready!  We are packing the camper as Lon will head to SC with it  in a day or two, then I will meet him Wed night so we can leave early Thursday am.  WE are going to trek down the coast.  Hoping to stop a few places along the way and get there befor dark.  Lon wants to go back the light house one day and hopes to Kayak with Nick/Mike one day.  We will see how it goes.  

We are in the process of cleaning out our house so our kids can move in!  It sounded easier than it has turned out to be.  I feel like I am rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.  I will be living between 2 houses for the mext 6 months or so.  But we get to wake up on the ocean for most of those days.  Not a bad life we Otters live.  

I m still waiting for food suggestions.  I have to shop sometime!!!  Oh  there is much strange on this site. I have no idea what the icons on top are for.  but then I m not very knowlegdeable on the computer.

Have you ever tried to buy something from the store? I won t let me register as an active  member as there is already someone registered with my name!!1 dah!!!!!  guess I ll go to the campingworld site.  They like my credit card!![:@][&:]

duanefamily

otter
QuoteSounds good to me. French Toast? Pancakes? I ll be glad to do either. I ll bring eggs too.
 Anyone got any great breakfast ideas?

Breakfast is very, VERY important to me.  Hence, I will bring gingerbread pancakes with bananas and possibly wild blueberry pancakes as well.  I may go nuts and bring ommlette fixings too.  Don t want to bite off too much.  I make everything from scratch and insist upon REAL maple syrup, so I ll bring it myself.  I don t use real butter or milk as my dear son is allergic to both.  I may be getting my own monster griddle grill thingy like Larry and Nick did in the next day or two.  

I am still in a quandry about what to bring for dinner on Saturday night as my camp cooking is no where near as good as my regular cooking.  I m going to look into what this dutch oven thing is really all about.  I have great recipes... but most of them require an oven.  Gonna look through my books tonight!

duanefamily mamma

oldmoose

gsm x2If you want some info on Dutch ovens, give me a holler. Anything you cook at home can be cooked in a camp Dutch oven. This includes prime rib and Yourkshire pudding as I ve done it more than once. I just cooked a peach cobbler, wrapped it in blankets and took it to the Malibu RV Park for the mini rally. Two hours later it was still hot and yummy. We also took some ice cream to make it slide down easier.

otter

duanefamily
QuoteBreakfast is very, VERY important to me. Hence, I will bring gingerbread pancakes with bananas and possibly wild blueberry pancakes as well. I may go nuts and bring ommlette fixings too. Don t want to bite off too much. I make everything from scratch and insist upon REAL maple syrup, so I ll bring it myself. I don t use real butter or milk as my dear son is allergic to both. I may be getting my own monster griddle grill thingy like Larry and Nick did in the next day or two.

I am still in a quandry about what to bring for dinner on Saturday night as my camp cooking is no where near as good as my regular cooking. I m going to look into what this dutch oven thing is really all about. I have great recipes... but most of them require an oven. Gonna look through my books tonight!

duanefamily mamma

Finally, someone who wants to talk food.  I ll bring some breakfast meats if you will do the pancake stuff.  
 Maybe we should resort to the ole pot luck idea for Saturday.  I am at a loss too at this point.  
 It would be fun if the Thursdya night people coudl agree on a menu tho.  There are fewer of us and we could eat together.  After all that is what we came together for right?  
 How was Lake Oreville ?  Did the kids enjoy it?  
 See you in a few days./

otter

oldmoose
QuoteIf you want some info on Dutch ovens, give me a holler.
I would love to see a dutch oven in action.  I see many recipes using it.  
 Any suggestions?  I ll bring whatever to see it use.

champ521

gsm x2You know there s a prison like right down the road? Just thought I d throw that out there since we can t make it. With the budget cuts the guards might be taking payments from the prisoners to liberate them. Have fun.