News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: April Rally

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

oldmoose
Quotebut if people want my peach cobbler I ll do it at SLO also.

Oh!  Please....  please..... please.....

g-whiz

oldmoose

QuoteORIGINAL:  oldmoose

FYI, I was planning on doing Kampers Stroganoff as well as the cobbler. If that is going to be too much food, let me know. At the moment we are planning on cooking something easy for Friday night.

I added it Moose and there is never too much food at an NNC rally. [;)]

otter

g-whiz
QuoteI added it Moose and there is never too much food at an NNC rally.  

There is ALWAYS too much at the pot luck!

And I wouldn t have it any other way.  

I usually start with the desserts and then move to the carbos.  I get to the protiens in the middle of the night.... if CWB and SurfCal haven t eaten it all!

duanefamily

g-whiz
QuoteThis is what I THINK we have so far and I ll keep this updated as others respond.

I would like to also bring Spinach Ravioli with Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce.  I ll be bringing plain old spaggetti too for my little man who can t eat cheese or dairy.  I m at a loss as to which day I should prepare it.  Thursday or Saturday?   On the one hand, I think Thursday s meal looks small next to Saturdays... on the other... does ravioli really go with chilli?  

I really wanted to make my corn pudding for some night... but I haven t quite figured out what I can cook it in.  I need an oven.  Gonna look at micro-convections or possibly a toaster oven tonight at walmart or sears.  I did get a Dutch Oven... but it s not seasoned and I want to take my time with it... and not work under pressure or it wont be any fun.

later!
 duanefamily mamma

gsm x2

duanefamily
QuoteI would like to also bring Spinach Ravioli with Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce. I ll be bringing plain old spaggetti too for my little man who can t eat cheese or dairy. I m at a loss as to which day I should prepare it. Thursday or Saturday? On the one hand, I think Thursday s meal looks small next to Saturdays... on the other... does ravioli really go with chilli?

Saturday would be my 2-cents.  There will just be a few of us there on Thursday, so the meal will be simple.  Ravioli and chili goes together like French Toast with maple syrup and pepperoni pizza.  Both good separately, but not linked in any fine restaurant.

gsm x2

g-whiz

duanefamily

QuoteORIGINAL:  duanefamily

QuoteThis is what I THINK we have so far and I ll keep this updated as others respond.

I would like to also bring Spinach Ravioli with Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce.  I ll be bringing plain old spaggetti too for my little man who can t eat cheese or dairy.  I m at a loss as to which day I should prepare it.  Thursday or Saturday?   On the one hand, I think Thursday s meal looks small next to Saturdays... on the other... does ravioli really go with chilli?  

I really wanted to make my corn pudding for some night... but I haven t quite figured out what I can cook it in.  I need an oven.  Gonna look at micro-convections or possibly a toaster oven tonight at walmart or sears.  I did get a Dutch Oven... but it s not seasoned and I want to take my time with it... and not work under pressure or it wont be any fun.

later!
 duanefamily mamma

Thursday s meal will be smaller (normal, almost) since there are only three families that I know of that will be there for dinner.  My vote would also be to have the ravioli on Saturday night when 12 families will be present.  But, it is up to you so let me know and I ll add whatever you decide onto the list.

As for the corn pudding... you should e-mail Oldmoose as the Dutch Oven sounds like the ticket for that dish.  He and Moosette do amazing things with food!!!  He s bringing a few and I know for a fact that they are seasoned.  [;)][:D]

Cottonwooder

g-whiz

Many thanks for putting that list together so clearly.  We haven t decided what to bring for Saturday, but will let y all know.  Sorry to be party poopers for Friday dinner, but Catholics can t eat meat on Fridays during Lent, so we ll probably eat plain spaghetti that night.  [:(]  Can certainly join everyone else, though! [:)]

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteCatholics can t eat meat on Fridays during Lent

Two observations and one question.

In my days

[ul]
  • fish was not considered meat
  • one couldn t eat meat on any Friday...hence the reason there were a lot of fish sticks served on school cafeterias every Friday of the year[/ul]

Did the rules change again?

Scott

g-whiz

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

Many thanks for putting that list together so clearly.  We haven t decided what to bring for Saturday, but will let y all know.  Sorry to be party poopers for Friday dinner, but Catholics can t eat meat on Fridays during Lent, so we ll probably eat plain spaghetti that night.  [:(]  Can certainly join everyone else, though! [:)]

The Otters and the GSM s are dining out for seafood that night which I think is an acceptable practice still these days for the Catholics.  BTW, anyone is welcome to join us.  Don t know the place yet, but we will by Friday!

Cottonwooder

g-whiz
QuoteThe Otters and the GSM s are dining out for seafood that night which I think is an acceptable practice still these days for the Catholics. BTW, anyone is welcome to join us.

Yippee, I ll join you folks!  Mike doesn t like fish.  If he doesn t want to join us, he can stay behind with the girls.  

I ve heard this thing called Vatican II in the 1960s that relaxed some rules, and I ll bet the no-fish-on-any-Friday was one of them.  That s why it s just Lent now.  Puh-leeze, that s difficult enough for our family!  (Yes, fish has always been fine.)  [:)]

g-whiz

gsm x2This is what I THINK we have so far and I ll keep this updated as others respond.

For Thursday night arrivals, the menu will consist of:

Chili by G-Whiz (Scott likes it so it must be okay [;)])
 Bread and Salad by Otter
 Strawberry Shortcake by G-Whiz

Friday Morning:

G-Whiz: Bagels (so we can use our newly acquired toaster) and cream cheese.  

Friday Night:

Going out to eat seafood:  Gsm x2 (G-Whiz) and Otters
 If anyone wants to join us, the more the merrier.  Dianne will have gingerbread and Bailey s for by the campfire when we return.

Oldmoose - Something easy
 Cottonwooder - Meatless Spaghetti

Saturday Morning:[/b]

Oldmoose - DO cornbread
 GSM x2 - Tri-tip
 Duanefamily Mamma - pancakes with real maple syrup
 G-Whiz - Will make my second attempt at a frittata
 Otter - Chicken Apple Sausage
 Griffsmom - Oatmeal Bundt Cake
 Chez Way - Fresh fruit and sausage

Saturday Night:

G-Whiz - Shrimp!
 Bonny - Swedish Meatballs
 Oldmoose - Kampers Stroganoff, Crab Dip and DO Peach Cobbler
 Nick & Huntersmom - Dream cake
 Otter - Potstickers
 Duanefamily Mamma - Spinach Ravioli and Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce
 Griffsmom - Mom s beef and noodles and mashed potatoes
 Chez Way - Spinach salad and rolls

griffsmom

g-whizWell, it looks like it s official--we re in for this rally![:D]  TOS even added us to the Web page, so it must be true!  

Griffin is still running a fever and not acting like his usual rambunctious self, but hopefully the fever will break and he ll perk up.  He has a doctor s appt tomorrow morning, and he ll either be over it by then and I ll be left standing there feeling stoopid, or he ll still be sick and they ll give him something for it.  I m not one of those moms that eschews antibiotics; if it ll make him feel better, I say give it to him!  I m  wondering; do you think it s possible that he s getting his far back molars?  At what age do those come in?  I tried to feel his gums with my finger, but the little monkey bit me![:@]  Poor baby, he (and I) will be so sad if he s too sick for us to make the trip![:(]

Scott, do you want me to send you a check inthemail or just give it to you in person on Friday?

If it s okay, I can bring oatmeal bundt cake for Saturday breakfast.  I have no idea what to bring for Saturday dinner potluck.[&:]

I went on MapQuest and the trip will be just over 225 miles for us. How long do you think that ll take?  I m thinking if we left around 9:00 a.m. (which means closer to 11:00) we could be there by 3:00-ish, including a stop or two for Griffin to stretch his legs...

gsm x2

griffsmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  griffsmom

Well, it looks like it s official--we re in for this rally![:D]  TOS even added us to the Web page, so it must be true!  

Griffin is still running a fever and not acting like his usual rambunctious self, but hopefully the fever will break and he ll perk up.  He has a doctor s appt tomorrow morning, and he ll either be over it by then and I ll be left standing there feeling stoopid, or he ll still be sick and they ll give him something for it.  I m not one of those moms that eschews antibiotics; if it ll make him feel better, I say give it to him!  I m  wondering; do you think it s possible that he s getting his far back molars?  At what age do those come in?  I tried to feel his gums with my finger, but the little monkey bit me![:@]  Poor baby, he (and I) will be so sad if he s too sick for us to make the trip![:(]

Scott, do you want me to send you a check inthemail or just give it to you in person on Friday?

If it s okay, I can bring oatmeal bundt cake for Saturday breakfast.  I have no idea what to bring for Saturday dinner potluck.[&:]

I went on MapQuest and the trip will be just over 225 miles for us. How long do you think that ll take?  I m thinking if we left around 9:00 a.m. (which means closer to 11:00) we could be there by 3:00-ish, including a stop or two for Griffin to stretch his legs...

Yippee--Lori, Dave and Griff are coming to the rally.  That will be a hoot.

Just hope Griffin gets feeling better....come on Griff, stop biting mommy.

I ve been paid for the sites, so perhaps you can hand Dave $19.00 for one night and send SammyLarry a check for the other night.

It s about 2.5 hours once you hit Ventura.  South of here, " it depends on traffic."

See you there.

gsm x2

duanefamily

g-whiz
QuoteThe Otters and the GSM s are dining out for seafood that night which I think is an acceptable practice still these days for the Catholics. BTW, anyone is welcome to join us. Don t know the place yet, but we will by Friday!

Dang, first time I read this I swore it said " but we will buy Friday"  implying g-whiz was feeling mighty happy after visiting H&R block! [:@][:(][;)]

In regards to the Spinach Ravioli and Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce... Saturday night is fine!  

In regards to Thursday, me and my two pumpkins will be arriving by ourselves.  Oh yes... and our newly buzzed dog Cody.  Our vet almost insisted that we cut his beautiful locks for the summer after we found a giant tick on his neck after the last trip.  She said a camp dog can t have long locks.  Otter, I ll tell you more about our last trip when we get there.  Poor Michael Patrick has to work.  Not sure when he ll arrive... but I do believe he mentioned something about hoping he walks into the right pop top when he arrives half asleep in the middle of the night!  Truth is... I don t know if he s planning on coming Thursday night or Friday.  Our camper is in the shop with a million minute miscellaneous problems.  Hopefully, I ll be able to pull out my own slide out when they re done.  If not, it s good to know they re will be a few folks to help me pull it out.  

Okay... I m starting to ramble... going to go to sleep now!

G night!
 duanefamily mamma

gsm x2

duanefamily
QuoteOkay... I m starting to ramble... going to go to sleep now!

I thought rambling was requisite.

See you Thursday.

gsm x2