News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: April Rally

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

g-whiz[:)][:)][:)]  We are all packed and ready to go.  I have meeting at 5:30 tonight , then I m off to Santa Cruz.
 We will leave early tomorrow morning.  I m still not sure how we will come down (coast or inland) but if we start getting late you will know it is the coast.  )
 I have salad ready to go and some yummy bread.  Looking forward to the chilli.
 Can you tell that I am up for this?  

****special prayer to the weather gods******  I too have camped in the rain, but as with every other day of my life, I love the sunshine.

Happy trails to all.   Remember it is the journey not the destination. Unless it is the delta.   Naomi knows what THAT means.
 hugs[:(]

griffsmom

oldmoose

QuoteORIGINAL:  oldmoose

Ok, it s cobbler and pineapple upside down cake. I think I ll be waddeling home after all this food.

Bill,  You are truly a good sport![:D]

g-whiz

otter

QuoteORIGINAL:  otter

[:)][:)][:)]  We are all packed and ready to go.  I have meeting at 5:30 tonight , then I m off to Santa Cruz.
 We will leave early tomorrow morning.  I m still not sure how we will come down (coast or inland) but if we start getting late you will know it is the coast.  )
 I have salad ready to go and some yummy bread.  Looking forward to the chilli.
 Can you tell that I am up for this?  

****special prayer to the weather gods******  I too have camped in the rain, but as with every other day of my life, I love the sunshine.

Happy trails to all.   Remember it is the journey not the destination. Unless it is the delta.   Naomi knows what THAT means.
 hugs[:(]

Happy travels, Dianne & Lon.  If it is sunny, you should do the coast as the weather report for the weekend doesn t look that good and you wouldn t want to be doing it in the rain.  [:)] We plan on spending Thursday afternoon and Friday on the coast (and wine tasting, of course!!!).  Mike said something about kayaking on Saturday in Morro Bay.  Scott and I have canoed there and I would love to do that again, so maybe that will be our Saturday activity.  Whatcha think, Scott???    See you Thursday night!!!!

g-whiz

g-whiz

g-whiz

g-whizThis is the last food update I ll make since we will be rolling out the door in a few minutes.  See you at the SLO Escape!

For Thursday night arrivals, the menu will consist of:

Chili by G-Whiz (Scott likes it so it must be okay [;)])
 Bread and Salad by Otter
 Strawberry Shortcake by G-Whiz

Friday Morning:

G-Whiz - Bagels (so we can use our newly acquired toaster) and cream cheese
 Duanefamily - Banana Bread

Friday Night:

Going out to eat seafood:  Gsm x2 (G-Whiz) and Otters
 If anyone wants to join us, the more the merrier.  Dianne will have gingerbread and Bailey s for by the campfire when we return.

Oldmoose - Something easy
 Cottonwooder - Meatless Spaghetti

Saturday Morning:[/b]

Oldmoose - DO cornbread
 GSM x2 - Tri-tip
 Duanefamily Mamma - pancakes with real maple syrup
 G-Whiz - Will make my second attempt at a frittata
 Otter - Chicken Apple Sausage
 Griffsmom - Oatmeal Bundt Cake
 Chez Way - Fresh fruit and sausage

Saturday Night:

G-Whiz - Shrimp!
 Bonny - Swedish Meatballs
 Nick & Huntersmom - Dream cake and Chicken Kabobs
 Otter - Potstickers
 Duanefamily Mamma - Spinach Ravioli and Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce
 Griffsmom - Mom s beef and noodles and mashed potatoes
 Chez Way - Spinach salad and rolls
 Cottonwooder - BBQ Chicken Wings
 Oldmoose - Kampers Stroganoff, Crab Dip, DO Peach Cobbler AND Pinapple Upsidedown Cake

Young Moosette

g-whizWell, I finally found you all! [:)]  I didn t understand how to navigate but Old Moose helped - finally.  He is great but thinks I know everything...[:D][:D][:D]

We are going out buying ingredients for both the desserts.  Just mention food and dutch ovens and he perks up[&:]

Better go  - shopping you know.

Anybody need anything?

See you soon

griffsmom

Young Moosette

QuoteORIGINAL:  Young Moosette
 Anybody need anything?

Dave says he NEEDS a volcano.  [;)]

Cottonwooder

g-whizThis will show you how tired I am, but....  can someone post a link where we can get info re. where we re going to?  Unless I m missing it, I don t see one on NNC s site.

Hopefully we ll get there by early Friday afternoon.  If you early birds see a site that is safer than others for kids, could you please snag it for us?  (Some are further away from traffic than others.)

With a breakfast of the proportions this one is sounding to be, it doesn t sound like we ll want much of a lunch, yes/no?  Just trying to plan our menu.  [:)]

6Quigs

Cottonwooder
QuoteThis will show you how tired I am, but.... can someone post a link where we can get info re. where we re going to? Unless I m missing it, I don t see one on NNC s site.

Yes, you are missing it ~Patricia~

Go to the NNC website, and Upcoming events, and click on the picture of a trail leading to a bush(cause, that s where you are going)
 this should bring you to El Chorro web site.
 (Or just click on the link below)

http://www.slocountyparks.com/activities/el_chorro.htm

Cottonwooder

6QuigsThanks, Kevin.  Don t recall ever clicking that picture before.  Mind you, their own Website doesn t even give the address of the place.  Finally found all the info we need, way back several pages ago:
 Messed around with the SLO site. I didn t like the buttons. Blended them in and like it a lot better.  http://www.avenuecable.com/~gsmx2/sloescape/

oldmoose

g-whizLori, sorry I mentioned the Volcano, but it s in the traile to go. Dave can take a look at it. It s an expensice DO toy, but the have a cool cookbok.

RTurner

g-whizHey,
 We are headed to Pismo Beach this weekend, maybe we will head over to your camp for food!!!!!! It all sounds so yummy.
 You all have a great time, we are looking forward to meeting in June and perhaps we will pass one or more of you on the trek down 101.  We will just honk at all the popups and hope it is one of you.  If not someone might think we are crazy!!!!!!

Otter-Give my regards to Santa Cruz, that s where I grew up.

gsm x2

g-whiz
Quotehttp://www.avenuecable.com/~gsmx2/sloescape/

OK--always ready to take a good suggestion.  It s not elegant, but it s done.

gsm x2

gsm x2

RTurner

QuoteORIGINAL:  RTurner

Hey,
 We are headed to Pismo Beach this weekend, maybe we will head over to your camp for food!!!!!! It all sounds so yummy.
 You all have a great time, we are looking forward to meeting in June and perhaps we will pass one or more of you on the trek down 101.  We will just honk at all the popups and hope it is one of you.  If not someone might think we are crazy!!!!!!

Come on over Saturday night.  It s less than 25 minutes up the road.  Oldmoose and Younger Moosette came over for Saturday s potluck at Malibu.  Of course, now they are having to bring two desserts.  Just stop by the store for some vanilla ice cream and you ll be welcomed with open arms.

gsm x2