News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: April Rally

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

gsm x2It was a great rally, may it be remembered forever.

Back for a few days by popular demand.
 See, I don t abuse the powers.  Just ask and its done.[8D]

Cottonwooder

Nick
QuoteBack for a few days by popular demand.
 See, I don t abuse the powers. Just ask and its done.

No, you don t.  You re the best!  (Now, how about Michele s recipe for that cake?) [:D]

otter

gsm x2
Quote(Now, how about Michele s recipe for that cake?)  

Thanks Nick!.  [:D]
 Don t forget the measurements!  You know how this group can be![:)]

Cottonwooder

SimiRich
QuoteThis was our first time out with part Northern & part Southern Cal. groups and you re all AWESOME!!!

Hi SimiRich, I found your posts over in the May rally board.  So, that s where folks at El Chorro knew you from!  Glad you and family could join us last weekend.  You fit right in.  (Is that a good or bad thing?  [8D])  Your pup is at the cute stage.  Hopefully we ll see her grow at all the rallies!  

BTW, we go to Cachuma often (7 times so far in the past 13 months... would be more if it was possible to get into during summer).  Perhaps we can camp together there some time.  I keep forgetting to check, but there might be a " Zoo to You"  demonstration next month.  Last year they had a mountain lion.  Will let you know when I find out.

Welcome again!  [:)]

SimiRich

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

Glad you and family could join us last weekend.  You fit right in.  (Is that a good or bad thing?  [8D])  Your pup is at the cute stage.  Hopefully we ll see her grow at all the rallies!  

BTW, we go to Cachuma often (7 times so far in the past 13 months... would be more if it was possible to get into during summer).  Perhaps we can camp together there some time.  I keep forgetting to check, but there might be a " Zoo to You"  demonstration next month.  Last year they had a mountain lion.  Will let you know when I find out.

Welcome again!  [:)]

Thanks Patricia!
 We felt welcome around everybody. We look forward to spending more (DRY!) time with everybody in Temecula in a couple of weeks. I d like to talk to you about camping at Lake Cachuma. We ve never stayed there & you can give us some insight to the lake & CG.

Look forward to seeing you again at Vail Lakes![:D]

griffsmom

SimiRich

QuoteORIGINAL:  SimiRich

Look forward to seeing you again at Vail Lakes![:D]

Bad news, Rich.  Tricia and her family won t be at Vail Lakes.  She gave me some lame excuse at SLO why they supposedly couldn t make it.  It was so lame, I can t even remember what it was!  

Tricia... fellow Ha Ha...there is one space left among all of the sites that has yet to be filled.  And it has your name on it, sistuh!  Can you imagine what would happen to some poor unexpecting non-NNC camper who would reserve that site amidst all of our lunacy if you didn t come to the rally?  Do you really want that to be on your conscience?  

C mon, join us at Vail Lakes...you know you want to...

Cottonwooder

griffsmomYeah, bummer, of course I d love to be there, but we hate the traffic between us and Temecula even more than the distance.  If it were a little closer, we probably would have braved it, but alas... there s so much south of us we d love to explore, but that mess of highways and bumper-to-bumper keep us well north of Woodland Hills.  [:(]

griffsmom

Cottonwooder

Yeah, bummer, of course I d love to be there, but we hate the traffic between us and Temecula even more than the distance.  If it were a little closer, we probably would have braved it, but alas... there s so much south of us we d love to explore, but that mess of highways and bumper-to-bumper keep us well north of Woodland Hills.  [:(]

Oh, that s right; it s all coming back to me now: yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah, lame, lame, lame. [: (]

We just drove 260 miles, one-way (remember, we re south of LA, so we hit traffic too), with a wild monkey strapped into a car seat, and you re whining about being a bit close to the car s bumper in front of you?  Puh-leeze!  Now get your cotton-wooder bums down to Temecula!  [8D]

gsm x2

griffsmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  griffsmom

Yeah, bummer, of course I d love to be there, but we hate the traffic between us and Temecula even more than the distance.  If it were a little closer, we probably would have braved it, but alas... there s so much south of us we d love to explore, but that mess of highways and bumper-to-bumper keep us well north of Woodland Hills.  [:(]

Oh, that s right; it s all coming back to me now: yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah, lame, lame, lame. [: (]

We just drove 260 miles, one-way (remember, we re south of LA, so we hit traffic too), with a wild monkey strapped into a car seat, and you re whining about being a bit close to the car s bumper in front of you?  Puh-leeze!  Now get your cotton-wooder bums down to Temecula!  [8D]

Traffic???  The Cottonwooder excuse is traffic???  Just leave at 10:00 a.m. on Friday and you won t have any traffic---or at least none that can t be avoided by listening to KFWB, News 98 with traffic every 10 minutes.

We ll see you in Temecula.

I am beginning to think that Patricia has an odd need to have her arm twisted.  Grabbing her wrist and twisting it a little more, but watching for some Chinese Kung-Fu " knee to the crotch"  move just in case I am wrong.

gsm x2

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuoteGrabbing her wrist and twisting it a little more, but watching for some Chinese Kung-Fu " knee to the crotch"  move just in case I am wrong.

22 days ago, I would have been your feeble victim.  Exactly 3 weeks ago I took that women s self-defense class, remember?  Now not only do I know how to get out of a wrist grab, but can also smash in either your nose or " family jewels"  while at it, depending on distance.  [:D]

Alas, we d rather drive 8 hours north than 3 hours south.  Besides, we have a Girl Scout event coming up that weekend.

gsm x2

gsm x2
Quote22 days ago, I would have been your feeble victim. Exactly 3 weeks ago I took that women s self-defense class, remember? Now not only do I know how to get out of a wrist grab, but can also smash in either your nose or " family jewels"  while at it, depending on distance.

Releases Patricia s wrist and backs away saying, " Um, OK lady...just kidding...just funning you."   Turn you fool RUN...

gsm x2

oldmoose

gsm x2Nice thing about being a Boy Scout leader is meeting Girl Scout leaders. Nice to meet you Patricia.

Cottonwooder

oldmoose
QuoteNice thing about being a Boy Scout leader is meeting Girl Scout leaders. Nice to meet you Patricia.

Always nice to meet you, Moose.  Now, why do you say that?  Is self-defense standard Girl Scout Leader training?

Cottonwooder

CottonwooderOh, DUH!!!  Excuse me, having another brain-fart....  

Moose, you were referring to my Girl Scout comment, not self defense, right?  Duh!!!  No, I m not a Leader.  Too new to it all to know a thing about it.  (But Mike s an official " Girl Scout" !  Apparently, you have to be formally signed up as a parent to attend any Girl Scout functions.  He s the camping  n  hiking dad.)

Nick, aren t you glad you unlocked this thread?  [:)]

otter

Cottonwooder
QuoteNick, aren t you glad you unlocked this thread?  
Why sure he is glad.  It gives me yet another place for my mad dash to #20.  I d have to talk to myself otherwise.  
 And we all know how that goes.