News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

PC Mom are you ok?

Started by Unregistered, Aug 11, 2004, 10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unregistered

Not sure where you are but hope all ok up north.

pcmom

Quote from: UnregisteredNot sure where you are but hope all ok up north.
Hi, Thanks for asking.

Thankfully we are not near the fire. The fire is in the Jones Valley area which is northeast (more east) near Hwy 299 and Bella Vista. The last report I heard was over 5000 acres burned and 64 homes lost along with damage at Jones Valley Resort (big Houseboating business). It is only 40% contained.  This is the 2nd time in 5 years that this area has been hit by fire.  The last one in 1999 saw a loss of about 175 homes.

The fire was started from someone mowing dry grass........

The sky is completely smoke covered and when you drive out Hwy 299E, there is so much "ash" falling........We're going to take some things to the evac center tomorrow to donate. It's very sad........

RTurner

Hey Michelle-
It was me asking above (was too lazy to log in!).
Just wanted to check, my nephew lives on Ravine Rd.-almost across the street from where it started I think,  MIRACULOUSLY his a a few other homes were still standing.  What a blessing as they are expecting a baby in a few short weeks.

pcmom

Quote from: RTurnerHey Michelle-
It was me asking above (was too lazy to log in!).
Just wanted to check, my nephew lives on Ravine Rd.-almost across the street from where it started I think, MIRACULOUSLY his a a few other homes were still standing. What a blessing as they are expecting a baby in a few short weeks.
Hi Rojana,

I hope your nephew's home survives.  This darn fire keeps changing directions!  I haven't heard the latest on the radio but the newspaper says it's now up to 7500 acres and 67 homes and has changed direction back toward hwy 299E again.  The newspaper has been keeping updates on their website at http://www.redding.com if you want to check in there as well.

pcmom

Quote from: RTurnerHey Michelle-
Just wanted to check, my nephew lives on Ravine Rd.-almost across the street from where it started I think, MIRACULOUSLY his a a few other homes were still standing. What a blessing as they are expecting a baby in a few short weeks.
Rojana,

Have you heard from your nephew?  If he did lose his home, let me know what their immediate needs are.  And especially with expecting a baby I can probably come up with some baby things for them.

Michelle

RTurner

Thanks that's really sweet.
As of now the house is fine.  They got to go in to the area yesterday (get clothes and stuff), won't get to go back until the utilities are restored.  They will be down this way for her shower today, probably will bring home a bunch of things.

We do appreciate it, actually if you hear of any immediate needs for baby things (specifically girls), let me know as I have a garage full of girl clothes etc.

Nick

We drove 299 from Redding to Burney on Wednesday and could see the flames from the highway.  We stoped to have some repair work done off 299 and there was a bunch of evacuated folkes at the grocery store across the street.  One guy at the shop said the were trying to save his house when he left but didnt know if was still there or not.

Normally where my brother flies off Hat Creek Rim we get a beutiful view of Mt. Shasta but until Sunday night could not even see it through the smoke.