News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

HalfDome Hyjinx III

Started by calstate360, Aug 16, 2004, 04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee4j

Quote from: OC CampersDee you will probably regret your offer.  I will have 5 kids with me so I will be at your camper and the kids WILL be elsewhere:) :p .  

Fortunately, my EZ up isn't big enough to go across the bed of the truck.. They will have to suffer in the tent.

We will have the margaritas flowing freely.  Thank you Zambonie for the Margarita Man.  Awesome stuff!!

Jacqui

let Chris know the Video games are NOT coming..no need Kevin may have his gameboy for the car but That's it..

Dee4j

for weather check out http://www.weather.com  It's Groveland Ca 95321

says the high 102...currently 97 :eyecrazy:

calstate360

Quote from: griffsmomWell, we're still very excited for this rally, but with the recent posts about no shade and the need for misters, I am starting to get a bit worried as well. Exactly how hot do you think it will be? :yikes: I'm not concerned for myself, but I'm worried for my mom (79 y/o) and Griffy (4 y/o). We don't have a/c in our camper. I've also never camped anywhere where I couldn't make a daily grocery and/or Wal-Mart run. You mean I'm going to have to plan my meals ahead of time!!! Yikes!! This will be a first for me! :eyecrazy: ;) Oh well, the fruit stand sounds wonderful!

Sal and Joan--is there a check-in time? If we arrive before that check-in time, will TT let us in early?QUOTE]

Ok lets try this again for some reason the first post did not show up?
The heat is no big deal we have not lost anyone in 3 years. There is shade by the playground and mini golf course. Also you have full use of the place just like a member. That includes the air conditioned lodge with big screen tv and satellite.
There are a couple of stores in Groveland but the prices won't be like your local Ralphs. Wallmart is a 3 hr. round trip.
Remember the fruit stand is before Priest Grade. It makes a nice rest stop as they have a line of portapotties by the picknick area.
Check in is 12 noon I think? But don't worry we will be there the day before and have it set up, besides the sites are reserved and will have signs on them saying so. I have never been made to wait at any TT park!
The family lodge has all sorts of toys for the kids. Don't forget the swimming hole on the river.
Sal

griffsmom

Quote from: calstate360The heat is no big deal we have not lost anyone in 3 years.

Sal
:J Okay, I'll relax then. Thanks for reminding me about the other stuff like the lodge and swimming hole--definitely good to know. Worst case scenario, Mom can always hole up in Dee's a/c'd TT if it's beyond her comnfort level, as long as Dee promises to give her back. ;) :D

darcamps

Hi Sal,

I'm sorry to say that me, Dave and Emily won't be able to make it this year.  My in-laws seem to have gotten the dates we were available for a visit mixed up.  They'll be visiting us Aug 5th, the only weekend in Aug we "weren't" available.  Grandma is flying in from Florida too, so we can't change it.  We'll sure miss all of you.  I was looking forward to seeing everyone and taking our inflatable kayak in the river.  Bummer!  

Also, the Ferris family has to cancel as well.  Their son is in the Navy's Sea Cadets program and has some sort of activity he has to attend.

Hope yall have a wonderful time.  Chances are this heat wave will end before then.  Even if it doesn't you'll all have fun, the swimming hole is great and it was fun just to walk up and down the river, it was only about 1 to 2 ft deep.  Well, take care.

Darcamps
Darlene
Dave
Emily
Max the Wonder Dog
Casey the Sunshine Dog

oldmoose

I was too busy today to call TT for info. I hope we can caravan early on Thursday. It's my suggestion we meet at the rest stop at the top of I5 at an agreed upon time. My usual route to get to our house near where we're going is to go I5 to Hwy 99. In Merced we jump off at G St and meet up with J59. The rest of the route will depend on what TT says. I will call tomorrow. I will top off the gas in Merced. There is an Albertsons and a big Railly's (sp) near gas. I can only go about 200 miles before I need gas. The temps though the valley will probably be in 100's depending on when everyone can leave. Friday I left here at 6:30 AM to go to Kernville and it was 89 2 hours later near Bakersfield. It takes us about 6 hours to get to our house in Twain Harte from Thousand Oaks. Depending on how many potty stops are needed I figure 6-7 hours.

More later
Moose

OC Campers

No problem Dee, I will let Chris know about the video games.  It sounds like they will have plenty to do to keep busy.  

Jacqui

Dee4j

well..A/c lodge with Big Tv and Satelite..we
ll know where to find Dan & Dave ;)

Lori I promise to give your mom back  (:Z oops were my fingers crossed )

Moose let me know when & where & I'll be there..depending on the hills etc I get between 150-200 miles to my tank..I've almost ran outta gas on my last trip I don't want to go there again..

Dee4j

Quote from: OC CampersNo problem Dee, I will let Chris know about the video games.  It sounds like they will have plenty to do to keep busy.  

Jacqui

the will have plenty to do and if it's too hot they can read a book (what a concept) or play a game or Yu-Gi-oh..something to stimulate the brain instead of having it sucked dry by video games..I'm sure Kevin would love to challenge Dave in another game of Dominoes

Calstate361

Hey all, don't sweat (pun intended) about the daily temperaturs. If I remember correctly, last year it got up to 98, but the evenings cool down nicely so you can sleep. Also, other games the kids can play are volleyball, horeshoes, miniture golf, basket ball, and the family lodge has games and there is usually a puzzle on one of the tables that people keep adding to, a pool table (with a parent, 25 cents per game so bring quarters), and a playground. So there will be plenty for the kids to do, besides spending most of the time at the swimming hole. I don't remember, but I think you can rent paddle boats also. It's not any worse than the temperatures in the LA area.

Darcamps and Ferris Family, sorry you can't make it this time. I will try to get your deposits back but won't be able to find out until we get there. Just mark you calendar for next year, first weekend in August.

15 days for us and Chelsies Dad
16+ days for the rest of you.

Joan

oldmoose

Quote from: Dee4jMoose let me know when & where & I'll be there..depending on the hills etc I get between 150-200 miles to my tank..I've almost ran outta gas on my last trip I don't want to go there again..
We need to find out when the SoCal'ers can leave. I suggest early though to beat some of the heat. We can stop any time for gas or other breaks.

Moose

calstate360

Quote from: Calstate361Hey all, don't sweat (pun intended) about the daily temperaturs. If I remember correctly, last year it got up to 98, but the evenings cool down nicely so you can sleep. Also, other games the kids can play are volleyball, horeshoes, miniture golf, basket ball, and the family lodge has games and there is usually a puzzle on one of the tables that people keep adding to, a pool table (with a parent, 25 cents per game so bring quarters), and a playground. So there will be plenty for the kids to do, besides spending most of the time at the swimming hole. I don't remember, but I think you can rent paddle boats also. It's not any worse than the temperatures in the LA area.

Darcamps and Ferris Family, sorry you can't make it this time. I will try to get your deposits back but won't be able to find out until we get there. Just mark you calendar for next year, first weekend in August.

15 days for us and Chelsies Dad
14+ days for the rest of you.

Joan
You can rent kayaks I don't remember about the boats since I never go to the swimming hole. The playground & golf stuff equipment is free you just tell them your site number.
16 days for the rest of you!! Joan must think we are arriving after you all, not before you!
Sal

griffsmom

Quote from: oldmooseWe need to find out when the SoCal'ers can leave. I suggest early though to beat some of the heat. We can stop any time for gas or other breaks.

Moose
What time do you want to meet at the rest stop?  It will probably take us a couple of hours to get there depending on traffic....:(

Calstate361

OOPS, Ok, so I can't type either!

16+ days for the rest of you.  I edited my post!!!  :eyecrazy:

Joan

oldmoose

Here is the way I'm planning to go to Yosemite Lakes.

I travel most of this route many times each year and the ranger at YL said this is how he came up in his 34' rig. I5 to Hwy 99. In Merced take "G" St. and turn right. G St. will eventually deadend into J59. We'll take J59 to 132 east to Coulterville. In Coulterville we'll go north on Hwy 49 to Hwy 120 where we'll turn right and proceed to YL. We'll avoid the old Priest Grade. It's been years since I've driven 120. Growing up, we used to go to Yosemite all the time and after I got my license, it was a treat to drive. I even spent 2 years working in the high country, but they were not able to open them this year.

OK SOCal'ers, how to we get together to caravan. We can leave at any time on Thursday.

Moose