News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

HalfDome Hyjinx III

Started by calstate360, Aug 16, 2004, 04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calstate360

Quote from: Dee4jJoan ...I do Too ...so there Sal. ;) :p
I haven't.  The three things I hate the most are ( this applies to home also.)
1. Flys, 2. Skeeters, 3. Ants.
Then I just go into the Alice's Restaurant mentality. "I Wanna Kill":)
So I always use the strongest thing I can get, and I don't care if its legal in Calif, or not.
I have ways to obtain it. :)  Terminex has nothing on me.:D
Sal

Calstate361

Well today is my last day at work before our trip and I will be very busy with last minute stuff to clean up.  Friday is my regular day off because I work 9-8-80 and have every other Friday off.  So, you won't see me logging in after today until I get back to work on 8/15.    Here is the last "RUB" from me, someone else will have to take over the count down....

5 days for us and Chelsie's Dad
6+ days for the rest of you....

Joan

Petrina

Quote from: Calstate361Well today is my last day at work before our trip and I will be very busy with last minute stuff to clean up.  Friday is my regular day off because I work 9-8-80 and have every other Friday off.  So, you won't see me logging in after today until I get back to work on 8/15.    Here is the last "RUB" from me, someone else will have to take over the count down....

5 days for us and Chelsie's Dad
6+ days for the rest of you....

Joan

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!!  Have a great trip and see you up there!!  Thanks for all your help.  You all will get a kick on how I back up the trailer.  Just sit back have adult bev... and enjoy my madnes!!   Ha Ha Ha!!!  O it's good baby!

Dee4j

Quote from: PetrinaDon't let the door hit you on the way out!!  Have a great trip and see you up there!!  Thanks for all your help.  You all will get a kick on how I back up the trailer.  Just sit back have adult bev... and enjoy my madnes!!   Ha Ha Ha!!!  O it's good baby!

It's a piece of cake as long as DH isn't "helping" me :eyecrazy:

oldmoose

Based on the information that was provided, we will meet at 8:30 AM at the Lebec rest stop just after the crest of I5. It will take us about 1-1/2-1/3/4 hours to get there from Thousand Oaks. We can plan the rest of the trip from there. I need to refuel about every 200 miles. There are a couple of gas stations in Lebec-a Chevron and a generic. Don't remeber if there's another one there. I would suggest we also use the GRS radio's. I suggest we have a primary channel and 2 alternates in case someone is using one. I suggest the primary channel to be 4 then 7 and then come 11.:)  I do not have the latest radios that split channels. In case of problems my cell number is 805-341-4333.

For Saturday night we're doing one of Paula's Mom's favorites called Chicken ada Lucy. Not sure about spelling, but love the casserole. I'll probably make my Chocoholics Cake. Paula make experiment with a dessert also. Still figuring out the breakfast dish.

We're ready to go camping.

Moose

oldmoose

In case there's a problem on the grapevine like this morning, we'll have to take the I14 to Mojave and then 58 to Bakersfield. I've done this route before with and without the trailer. If this is necessary, we'll contact via cell for a meeting location. I hope we don't have to use this option, but the way the grapevine has had problems this summer, I'm not holding my breath.

Moose

Dee4j

moose I will e-mail you my cell # Lori has mine and hers is programmed in my phone and I will add yours. I have a set of radios with split channels Don't know if Lori has any or not but my set & your set will cover us. I think they are doing construction on the grapevine if I recall from my big trip in June.  If I leave at 6 am is that going to be enough time??? it should only take me 1 hr to 1/2  to get to Magic Mountain. I can't remember how much farther it is from Valencia.

Calstate361

Petrina, you will be happy to know that most of the spaces where we will be, can be "drive through", even though they are not necessarily set up that way. Because there are no trees, you just have to watch out for the power and water. SOOOOO, maybe we won't get to laugh at you, unless you decide to back in anyway.;)

Since we will be there already, we will see you checking in with the Ranger because we will be sitting on the end watching everyone coming in. We will direct traffic when you get there. The checking in can get rather lengthy because a lot of the time the Ranger is a volunteer and might not know what they are doing very well.  

You will be able to see us because once you turn onto the street to the campgroung (by the gas station/store) you will go down a simi-long hill; at the bottom you will come to a stop sign, you will be facing the Family Lodge (on the left) and the Adult Lodge (on the right); turn right and look to the left, you will see a kiosk (Ranger Station) and you will have to drive a little bit to turn left to get to it.  Once you turn left look to your right and you will see us parked on the very end on the other side of the bushes.  Look for Sal's black truck with the mountian scene painted on the side of the shell, and our Hybred.

REMINDER: When checking in tell them you are with the Superhost group under Lutz-Vasquez. They keep the Superhost guest list seperate from the membership reservations. Also, REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR EASY-UPS and anything you want to help you keep cool. Last year it got up to 97, but it wasn't too bad in the shade. AND, don't forget to stop at that great fruit stand at the corner of 120 and Jack Towne Road. It's on the right side just before the light just out of Manteca (if you are coming that way).

Joan

calstate360

Quote from: Calstate361Don't forget to stop at that great fruit stand at the corner of 120 and Jack Towne Road. It's on the right side just before the light just out of Manteca (if you are coming that way).
Joan
#1. Not everyone is coming that way.
#2. It's "Jack Tone Rd."
You think as often as it's on the stupid news channel you watch
you would learn to spell it.:p
Sal

Dee4j

Quote from: calstate360#1. Not everyone is coming that way.
#2. It's "Jack Tone Rd."
You think as often as it's on the stupid news channel you watch
you would learn to spell it.:p
Sal

U 2 crack me up ;)

Petrina

Joan & Sal:

Yikes!!  don't look at my spelling!!!  I don't ever check my spelling!!   I wasn't going to go that way but for my aniversery present my husband is going to get a air contioner for my pop up!!!  I can't believe it!! So I will be picking up my pop  upl on french camp road. I will try to stop.  Unless the kids are sleeping...then I am driveing through!!  

See ya Petrina

oldmoose

Almost forgot an important issue. Paula has a peanut allergy that could be fatal. Please do not bring any items to the potlucks that have peanuts or peanutbutter in them. She would have to be airlifted out if there was a problem.

Thank you for your consideration of this. 7 days and counting.

Moose

oldmoose

Not getting between Sal & Joan on that issue.:D

Moose

Dee4j

Quote from: oldmooseAlmost forgot an important issue. Paula has a peanut allergy that could be fatal. Please do not bring any items to the potlucks that have peanuts or peanutbutter in them. She would have to be airlifted out if there was a problem.

Thank you for your consideration of this. 7 days and counting.

Moose

coorect me if I'm wrong...if a spoon that was in a dish with peanuts gets put in a dish w/o peanuts doesn't it contaminate that the other dish???

oldmoose

You're right that it would contaminate the other dish. When we were in Colorado last week, we went to a Mongolian BBQ. They had a sign at the grill that if you had any allergy's to let them know. After Paula told them, they pulled out a clean grill pad, cleaned the grill and used separate tools to cook her dish.

If there is a peanut dish at a pot luck, she won't have anything close to it or pass all together. And me who loves any form of peanuts. Oh well!.

Moose