News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

HalfDome Hyjinx III

Started by calstate360, Aug 16, 2004, 04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmoose

Quote from: griffsmomI have two 256MB digital cards, but you make a good point. I think I'll bring my laptop as well in case I need to dump photos off the cards. :)
I've got a 1GB card but need to check what on it and charge the batteries. I'll be the Lone Ranger and leave my computer home.

Ok, it's 2 pm and off to the store.

Moose

oldmoose

All the food has been purchased and we're packing. My social director informed me my computer is coming, so we'll be well covered.

Moose

Azusateach

Quote from: oldmooseAll the food has been purchased and we're packing. My social director informed me my computer is coming, so we'll be well covered.

Moose
Okay, food's packed, dog bed in, clothes almost done, camera & other "toys" loaded, and house cleaned today (NOT by me, thankfully!) -- even had time to go to the beach (remember, it's an hour drive each way for me)!  Got myself a laptop, and just because I can, I'm bringing it.   :D  Will be getting up at 5 tomorrow to hook up, stop in La Crescenta for some "Skin so Soft", and then to Lebec.  Boy, sure hope I don't miss that off-ramp!  This is going to be fun!

Laura

Dee4j

Quote from: griffsmomI have two 256MB digital cards, but you make a good point. I think I'll bring my laptop as well in case I need to dump photos off the cards. :)

I have another card and another battery but I can't find it :banghead:

if you don't feel like bringing your laptop I have blank CD's already in th TT so you can burn one of them

Dee4j

Quote from: AzusateachOkay, food's packed, dog bed in, clothes almost done, camera & other "toys" loaded, and house cleaned today (NOT by me, thankfully!) -- even had time to go to the beach (remember, it's an hour drive each way for me)!  Got myself a laptop, and just because I can, I'm bringing it.   :D  Will be getting up at 5 tomorrow to hook up, stop in La Crescenta for some "Skin so Soft", and then to Lebec.  Boy, sure hope I don't miss that off-ramp!  This is going to be fun!

Laura

Laura if you find yourself running behind I have a buttload of Skin-so-soft with and w/o bug stuff, with or w/o sunscreen,  spray on ..towlettes  

ok.. I'm way behind...Kara's appt's took longer than I thought so did shopping.. it takes longer when the kids are with you :eyecrazy:
I also had to drop off a perscription...yes Kara is on antibiotics again for that tooth..he didn't want us to get to Yosemite and have a problem..she still may end up loosing this tooth.. :%

so I think going to bed early is outta the question..I'm hoping by midnight

Lori? Moose? anyone?? anyone??? feel free to call my cell at 5:30am   :morning:   nothing better than hearing a cheery "get your butt outta bed and go camping" from the ones I love  :D

Dee4j

ok   Moose I suffer from CRS... what where the FRS radio channels we were going to use??? I know you listed 3

Azusateach

Quote from: Dee4jLaura if you find yourself running behind I have a buttload of Skin-so-soft with and w/o bug stuff, with or w/o sunscreen,  spray on ..towlettes  

Thanks, Dee!  I'm stopping at a friend's house on the way -- easy off & on from the 210.  

Hey, Moose, what's the off-ramp BEFORE the Lebec rest stop, just so I'll know when I'm close?

Laura

oldmoose

Ok car's packed except for clothes and computer. We'll be pulling out of here about 6 AM.

Laura, the rest stop is right after the Lebec off ramp or second turn off after you crest the grade.

OK CRS lady, they're 4 as primary and if busy then 7 or come 11.:eyecrazy:

9 PM and going to pack clothes and hook up the trailer.

See you all tomorrow. If anyone needs to call me tonight before 10 PM it's 805-493-2802.

Moose

Dee4j

Quote from: oldmooseOk car's packed except for clothes and computer. We'll be pulling out of here about 6 AM.

Laura, the rest stop is right after the Lebec off ramp or second turn off after you crest the grade.

OK CRS lady, they're 4 as primary and if busy then 7 or come 11.:eyecrazy:

9 PM and going to pack clothes and hook up the trailer.

See you all tomorrow. If anyone needs to call me tonight before 10 PM it's 805-493-2802.

Moose

writing sticky note now and putting in truck...all the food is packed need to pack clothes but list is made...dealing with spiders at the house including a Black widow..Dan's Job as soon as he gets the kids to bed is to inspect(for spiders) and load the fire wood ..then the coolers and hitch er up still shooting for midnight bedtime..I will check in one more time before bed

TheViking

You guys have a good time and be safe.  We will back here turning green with envy.

TheViking

QUOTE=Dee4j]writing sticky note now and putting in truck...all the food is packed need to pack clothes but list is made...dealing with spiders at the house including a Black widow..Dan's Job as soon as he gets the kids to bed is to inspect(for spiders) and load the fire wood ..then the coolers and hitch er up still shooting for midnight bedtime..I will check in one more time before bed[/QUOTE]

Funny how you need Dan to check for a few little spiders to go on a camping trip to a place that utilizes BEAR Boxes !!:eyecrazy: :confused: :screwy: :banghead:

Dee4j

Quote from: TheVikingQUOTE=Dee4j]writing sticky note now and putting in truck...all the food is packed need to pack clothes but list is made...dealing with spiders at the house including a Black widow..Dan's Job as soon as he gets the kids to bed is to inspect(for spiders) and load the fire wood ..then the coolers and hitch er up still shooting for midnight bedtime..I will check in one more time before bed

Funny how you need Dan to check for a few little spiders to go on a camping trip to a place that utilizes BEAR Boxes !!:eyecrazy: :confused: :screwy: :banghead:[/QUOTE]

we're outside the gates of yosemite..I just hate spiders and everyone is overrun with them I feel like I'm in The cave in harry potters chamber of secrets!!! :yikes:

oldmoose

Everything packed and ready before 6 AM. Will wonders never cease. The party begins.

Moose and Moosette

Azusateach

Well, after 8 hours I'm home, unpacked and exhausted.  But, what a great time Brandy & I had!  You guys are great -- so generous and gracious!  Caravaning was a hoot, and I sorely missed it today.  Moose & Mrs. Moose -- Lori, too! -- I can't believe how incredible the food was!  I'm humbled ... :)  Thanks, everyone, for the hand-outs, and help-outs (especially this morning), and including me in the fun.  I'll look forward to seeing pictures once you all get home & rested!  Thanks again!

Laura

I'm hoping that my caravan buddies made it home -- which way did you go, and how did you like it?

Dee4j

well we are home after a little over 10 hrs.. this post is to let you know we made it home safe...more in the AM...I'm too pooped to think :eyecrazy:
an awesome weekend I must say