News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g-whiz

otter
QuoteChinese New Years is upon us. Pay off all your debts by tomorrow AM or it will not be a good year for you.
 Year 4700... the year of the horse.

Why oh why did you have to tell me that?  Ok, I ll pay them off and then I better play the lottery this weekend and quick make a deposit so the checks clear.  Do you think that would work so my year is a good one?  [&:]

Quote(tinklebelle huh?) no, I didn t miss that one)

No one said anything so I thot I was safe.  You ARE a rabble rouser, Dianne!  [;)]Were you born in the Year of the Tiger?

otter

CottonwooderKazoom G-Whiz,
 Actually, I am a Dragon!!!  Ole fire mouth!  [:@]
 If you win the lottery I guarantee you a GREAT Year and since I know what a generous soul you are, I think we will all have a GREAT year.
 Lon and I are in Santa Cruz, watched a fantastic sunset and now the stars are out.  What a nice winter.  Holly will be in town this weekend, and we are hoping she stops by.  
 missing you
 Dianne

The Memory Maker

Cottonwooder" mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the pu s"
 Actually I had figured out the trick, but after CWB s  RR I figured I d wait the storm out until Jeff got done asking Joe Satriani " how do you surf with an alien?"
 (Must be a " satch"  fan to know that one)

The Memory Maker

CottonwooderBTW-
 any rough guestamates on driving time(or approx milage) from Stockton to Olema?

Cottonwooder

The Memory MakerWow, how nice to see " Kung Hei Fat Choy"  on this message board.  I don t think even the GSMs know this, but I m from Hong Kong.  Not Chinese, but was born and raised there.  Chinese New Year is as much a part of my childhood memories as Halloween is for you.   Lion dances, fire crackers, " lai sees" .

Tomorrow it s the year of the sheep/ram that begins.  Today is the last day of the Year of The Horse.

Hey Otter, I m a Dragon too, as is our 2yo.  Two Dragon Geminis in one household is one (two) too many!  A bit too flighty/nutty, eh?  [8D]  (Perfect for this group!)

g-whiz

CottonwooderWell giddy up!  Thank goodness the Year of the Horse is over.  Or, do you always have to pay off your debts to have a good year?  The Year of the Sheep can t be that baaaad.  Wait  til Betsy hears about this.  She ll be singing Wooly Bully and I Remember Ewe  til the Monkey s come home.

Very interesting Patricia.  I can t wait to learn more!!!

Civil_War_Buff

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

Tomorrow it s the year of the sheep/ram that begins.  Today is the last day of the Year of The Horse.

Hey Otter, I m a Dragon too, as is our 2yo.  Two Dragon Geminis in one household is one (two) too many!  

Assuming that the year of the sheep/ram is the same as the year of the goat!! I too say ... whatever  ?? fat choy"  you said!  I too am a " dragon" !  I think that I am beginning to see a pattern here (at least among the " cool"  people)!!

Happy Campin  <><

g-whiz

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteI think that I am beginning to see a pattern here (at least among the " cool"  people)!!

CWB, your raccoon buddy is a dragon.  Oh yes, a definite pattern.

gsm x2

The Memory Maker
Quoteany rough guestamates on driving time(or approx milage) from Stockton to Olema?

MM--Scott

Courtesy of MapQuest

Stockton, CA to
 Point Reyes Station, CA

Total Distance: 114.01 miles  Total Estimated Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes

Hope that helps.

See you there.

gsm x2

otter

CottonwooderCottonwood.  Thanks for cleaning up my spelling and my year and my animal symbol. .  The website I gleaned my infor from was definietly in need of some corrections.  
 DRAGONS RULE!!!   stay at homes drool.  
 I welcome the year of the ram/sheep/goat/  as I am a capricorn so it will be a good one I m sure.  But then  I have never seen a year I did not like for one reason or another.    Now there s the pattern!
 hugs

gsm x2

CottonwooderThere isn t a single post for 2-2-2003 in Nick-Neff-Cough

Are we THAT BUSY?  Or is there Shuttle Shock throughout the campground?

Where are our rabble rousers when we need them?

gsm x2

Surfcal

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2

There isn t a single post for 2-2-2003 in Nick-Neff-Cough

Are we THAT BUSY?  Or is there Shuttle Shock throughout the campground?

Where are our rabble rousers when we need them?

gsm x2

Hey GSM X2:

I watched a bit of the shuttle disaster most of the day and it was too depressing.  When I was in the news business, I covered the first flight after the Challenger and the launch was truly awesome, one of the best experiences in my life.  I spent about a week at Cape Canaveral back in  87.  I like the NASA program.  So the whole day got me into a bit of a funk.

And it doesn t help that I ve actually been working non-stop since Lake Chabot, remember that campout back then?  Lots of deadlines and I m cramming before a trip this week to San Diego for work again.  Believe it or not, I have managed to avoid, or at least postpone, trips to Philadelphia and Salt Lake City.

So, I don t think you ll see me too often.  It s deadline after deadline these days.  Nonetheless, a hello to everyone.

Surfcal

P.S.  Some Ralph guy was trying to join through the Yahoo! Groups and I invited him to join via the website or through PUT.  So when he comes calling, pretend we re nice people so he ll join us.

otter

CottonwooderI think Ray needs a little chesse with his Whine....

gsm x2

CottonwooderDo you realize that there is no Nationwide Grocery chain?

You can see K-mart, Walmarts, Staples, Home Depots, etc. etc. throughout the county.  But back east there will be Krogers, midwest Piggly Wiggly, and out west, Vons and Safeway.

So why do I mention this?

I just heard that Ralph s going to join us.  Welcome Ralph.

gsm x2

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuoteOr is there Shuttle Shock throughout the campground?

Memorandum: To America From God
 February 1, 2003

America, this crew you chose, is the finest in the land,
 And if you ll pause a moment, I will share with you my plan.
 The message I delivered to the crew was very clear,
 " This flight goes straight to Heaven, fear not, for I am near."

" My children I am with you, this trip is one I ve planned,
 Yes....this trip is something special, it s one that God will man.
 Heaven s Great Space Center needs some special help up there.
 The Master has now summoned and is asking us to share."

They quickly volunteered for this mission in the sky,
 Not a one was unprepared, not a one afraid to try.
 " You ll go swiftly to the Master, and that trail of smoke they ll see,
 Is the  changing of the pilots,  for you re traveling on with me."

" You must leave this famous shuttle that you re sitting in, behind,
 For the one I built that s waiting, is pure gold and silver lined,
 As you search the fields of Texas in hopes to find them there,
 Rest assured they re here beside Me and I have them in My care."

" You have trained them well, America, I ve observed your every test,
 I stood silently and waited, until you had the best.
 I needed them, America, for Heaven s Great Space Plan
 Encompasses the entire globe, The Universe of Man."

" I know them well, America, these loved ones you have lost,
 I selected them some time ago, forgetting not the cost.
 America, my heart is grieved, by your sorrow, tears and pain, and
 Though it s little comfort, your loss is Heaven s gain."

Author:  Fran R. Maiers
 February 1, 2003