SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

griffsmom

gsm x2

QuoteORIGINAL:  gsm x2
 Note to self:  If Beth starts and impromptu game of " Take It or Leave It"  at the Gold Country Rally, make sure that Lori IS NOT on my team."

gsm x2

I m not even sure what " Take it or Leave it"  is, but me thinks I m being called gullible...

gsm x2

griffsmom
QuoteI m not even sure what " Take it or Leave it"  is, but me thinks I m being called gullible...

Hmm, I might be....but then again, are you sure?

gsm x2

gsm x2

griffsmom
Quotequote:

ORIGINAL: gsm x2
 Note to self: If Beth starts and impromptu game of " Take It or Leave It"  at the Gold Country Rally, make sure that Lori IS NOT on my team."  

gsm x2

" Take It or Leave It"  is an " in the car"  travel game, where one tells a true or untrue story and people vote if you believe it (Take It) or disbelieve it (Leave It).

Like there was this time that Beth s family, Georgeanne, and I walked into Target.  I needed to pick up some overnight photos I had taken, so went to the film counter while everyone else went into the store.  This pushy black woman came up just as the clerk was handing me my pictures.  She pushed in front of me then said, " Listen honey, if you let me get my pictures RIGHT NOW and you ll admire my little neice s picture, I ll pay for yours."

Actually, I was ready to let her go first anyway, but when she pulled out this wad of money, I figured, " What the heck?"   I let her get her pictures; I admired her neice (which was a terrible photograph because it was from a slide without an internegative); I let her pay for my two rolls of photographs."

Take It or Leave It???

gsm x2

Ab Diver

gsm x2
QuoteI m not even sure what " Take it or Leave it"  is, but me thinks I m being called gullible...

Oh, nah... this bunch wouldn t do thaa-aat, would they?[:D]

QuoteI admired her neice (which was a terrible photograph because it was from a slide without an internegative);

Actually, it was a pic of both her niece and her nephew, but you couldn t tell he was in the picture. Why?

(drum roll)

Because you noseeum!!!!

Sorry Jeff, I just had to.[;)]

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Scott -
 I will answer your question, but first I need to know if digital zoom was used?

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteI will answer your question, but first I need to know if digital zoom was used?

Nice try Jeffy....it wasn t a digital camera.

gsm x2

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2No kidding!  Why would you be at a photo. developing place if it were digital film, lol?  Pretty obvious that I still use a crummy 35 mm and haven t moved into the next generation of camera s, ha.
 I guess the photo. developing places will slowly start going out of business as more and more people move to digital, huh?  Good thing TMM sells them and not develops photo s..  He s got 2 houses to pay for!

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Btw, " Leave It" .

You being a digital kind of guy, I know you have no need to be at a photo. developing place.

Cottonwooder

gsm x2
QuoteTake It or Leave It???

He s a Taurus... sounds like a load of bull to me.  [:D]

Cottonwooder

Cottonwooder
Happy Easter/Passover
 to all the Coughers!
 [:)]

Cottonwooder

CottonwooderEaster Bunny hopping in, hiding eggs, and having a flipping good time.  [:D]

gsm x2

gsm x2Ditto Patricia s statement.

From gsm x2 and G-Whiz

gsm x2

otter

CottonwooderAB has probably already told you Jeff, but just in caae  noseeums  are led at this time of year by that big bunny; who of course is also a  noseeum .  I think  the eggs that he leaves behind, when left uneaten actually hatch into millions of the little buggers.  I m mean think about it; rabbits laying eggs.  There is more to this than meets the eye.  
 Beware
 Take care

griffsmom

otter

QuoteORIGINAL:  otter
 I m mean think about it; rabbits laying eggs.  

Take it.  That s where the Cadbury eggs come from.  Yeesh, everybody knows that.

And as for you Scott, I leave that one, because although you re a easy-going and nice enough guy to let someone rudely push ahead of you, I don t see a motive for why she was unwilling to wait the few more seconds it would have taken her to get her pictures and pay for your 2 rolls, which would have put her back close to $25 (assuming 24 exposure.)  Also, you don t state a reason why you needed to look at the niece, like if she had a bet with her brother that she could get some guy at Target to gawk over the pictures of her niece.  The digital camera is a red herring since, IIRC, you only recently got it.

So?  How d I do?

otter

CottonwooderYou are a smart woman Lori:  you can beo n my team anytime!