News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SactoCampersI went the second battery option.  But the second battery does double duty as my trolling motor battery for my canoe.

Campinggeek
 99 Utah behind a 03 Chevy 1500HD (previously Jeep Cherokee)
 http://www.geocities.com/campinggeek@sbcglobal.net

otter

gsm x2Thanks for all the perspectives veryone.  It is indeed solar panels we are thinking of.  Costco s price is amazing.  I will check it out!.  Our idea was to put them on the roof for maximium exposeur.  I like the idea better than another battery; but since we generally move toward the easiest and least cost in the short run...we  will probably end up with the second battery.  We will do a bit of dry camping in Oregon, Washington and Canada this summer.  Last summer we got pretty chilly so I want something!.  
 Thanks again.  

SactoCampers

gsm x2I just converted my rinky-dink grey water system to one made of PVC. Now I can open my water heater door without disconnecting the hoses. I don t have any pictures, though.

otter

SactoCampers
QuoteI just converted my rinky-dink grey water system to one made of PVC. Now I can open my water heater door without disconnecting the hoses. I don t have any pictures, though.

You guys just keep the improvements going.  Rah  Rah!
 How about the chat room tonight?  
 We haven t been there for a while!

griffsmom

otter

QuoteORIGINAL:  otter

You guys just keep the improvements going.  Rah  Rah!
 How about the chat room tonight?  
 We haven t been there for a while!

Anyone up for the chat room tonight?

one up for the chat room tonight? 7:30-8ish?

Will someone please talk to Dianne; she s desperate for a chat!  [;)][8D][:D]

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2
QuoteI just converted my rinky-dink grey water system to one made of PVC. Now I can open my water heater door without disconnecting the hoses. I don t have any pictures, though.

Woof, woof!!  Can t wait to check it out Brian!
 Guess I ll quit sneaking up on your PU at 3 in the morning and blowing out your pilot light and then boogy back to my toasty PU and watch you remove the hoses and re-lighting it.

Tomorrow while I wait for a delivery to arrive, I m going to make a simple mod./improvement to the ridiculous flimsy piece of balsawood that Coleman calls a refrigerator baffle that they think will actually direct the warm air to the cooling coils.  Nothing fancy like the amazing sheet metal work some PU owner s are doing, but hopefully it will be an improvement.  Should only take me about 15 min s. and cost nothing!  That combined with the fridge fan inside the fridge circulating the air around should help the fridge run more smoothly.
 Am I the only one who gets a headache trying to understand how heat cools a fridge?!!!

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2
QuoteWill someone please talk to Dianne; she s desperate for a chat!

Hi Dianne!!!  I can t make the chat, but do love talking to you.  Have I ever told you that you are my favorite PUT member named " Otter" ?

Ab Diver

SactoCampers

Brian, it s been so long since I ve seen your rig... what s the problem with the HWH door and your grey water hoses? Does the grey water exit the trailer right over the HWH door?

SactoCampers

Ab Diver
QuoteBrian, it s been so long since I ve seen your rig...

It will have been a year in June! Don t worry, you haven t missed much. Only thing I ve done is this PVC thing. I have no time for mods.

QuoteDoes the grey water exit the trailer right over the HWH door?

Yep. And with my rinky-dink dual-hose system, they would obstruct the door. So I would have to make sure I lit the water heater before setting up the grey water. It was never that big a deal, but mods are all about adding a little convenience. There s already enough things we have to do in sequence to get popups set up, that now I have one less. My system has a PVC extension coming directly out from the trailer about 15"  then I used one of those four-way fittings: one for the extension, the second for a vent, the third capped, and the fourth heading directly down. At the terminus of the downward PVC, I used a t-fitting to distribute the water into two tanks. Add a little PVC, a couple elbow fittings, a little more PVC, and male thread couplings and I m in business. I checked the system for leaks  with a garden hose and cemented the coupling/PVC connections where that occurred and left the other ones alone so I could take it all apart. Comes apart in three pieces for easy storage.

Ab Diver

SactoCampersOk, got it now. Cool, good for you! I m guessing the exhaust from the HWH is not a problem to the grey water lines. But, it being something that *you ve* designed, I m sure it s extremely well thought out and eminently well executed. [:D] Can t wait to see it in June.

Nick

gsm x2
HELP HUNTER WIN!!!!!

Hunter has been selected as a finalist at an online baby contest.  The winner is decided on how many votes they get through the public voting on the website.  So, please support the youngest Nick-Neff-Cougher and cast your vote.

[link=http://www.hibaby.com/newbaby.htm ]Vote here[/link]

Thanks

Red neff Barchetta

gsm x2Mike -
 I ve voted.  Great picture!

Just please don t tell me you are going to be like a Ramsey or Jackson parent and profit off your little guy unless it s going to a college fund or something.

Still gives me the willies whenever I hear the " Jackson 5"  and little Michael is singing to his woman and telling her how he ll make her feel.

On the other hand, Venus & Serena William s are doing just fine aren t they?

g-whiz

NickHey Nick... Hunter is BY FAR the cutest baby!!!

otter

Nick
QuoteHunter has been selected as a finalist at an online baby contest. The winner is decided on how many votes they get through the public voting on the website. So, please support the youngest Nick-Neff-Cougher and cast your vote.

Hi Nick!  Good Luck Hunter.  I tried to vote, but it said I already had!  HMMMMMM

otter

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteHi Dianne!!! I can t make the chat, but do love talking to you. Have I ever told you that you are my favorite PUT member named " Otter" ?

Now there s an acheivement!  [:o]
 We are in Santa Cruz and spotted a whale and a baby close to the shore tonight.  Pretty cool.  The otters swam and hid for a while. but came back as soon as the whale passed.  

I did want to chat Wednesday night, but nobody showed up. We are falling apart here.  And the rally is 71 days away. [:(][:(]