SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ca-girl

Ab Diver

QuoteORIGINAL:  Ab Diver

Hey, I got an idea... ab season is open, I love to dive, I love to camp, and I know this bunch of crazy folks who also love pop-up campers. I also know a whole bunch of campgrounds where all these things could come together. Anybody up for a mini-rally at the coast in a couple weeks? Dunno how spur-of-the-moment a " rally"  can be, but if we were to go camping, anybody wanna join us?

Dave ~

Although we ve never met, we love camping at the coast, and if your trip was somewhere between Memorial Day and the Gold Rush rally, we d love to tag along...especially if there s a possibility of abalone for dinner [:D]

otter

QuoteLOL! This wait is agonizing.  

-Patricia-
 You must be sooooooo excited.  Can t wait to see it in June!
 All these May birthdays.  Rita was saying she had 4 or so in her family and we have 2.  Hmmmmm what goes on in August??????[;)][;)]

Love your shirt!  I had one that said, "  If they can put one man on the mood, why can t they put them all there?"     I would get lots of comments as you can well imagine.  
 Nothing from the Millers, so the weather must be tolerable.  
 Lon an I are off tomorrow morning for a ride up elhorn slough to count marine mammals and see egret rookeries.  Should be fun and the weather gods seem to be rained out.  
 Hope you got all your  chores  today, so you can scrap tomorrow!

Cottonwooder

otter
QuoteI wonder how the weather is in Temecula this weekend. It doesn t look good on the news here.

The weather, at least here in Ventura, has been better than what we had at El Chorro.  Let s hope the Snickers have been/are enjoying some decent weather too.

Red neff Barchetta

Cottonwooder
QuoteAnybody up for a mini-rally at the coast in a couple weeks?

QuoteDave ~

Although we ve never met, we love camping at the coast, and if your trip was somewhere between Memorial Day and the Gold Rush rally, we d love to tag along...especially if there s a possibility of abalone for dinner

Now that says it all about NNC!  I bet within a few days there will be a mini-rally all set with Dave as Wagonmaster.  What a great group!

Dianne -
 What s up with all of the Sea-otter deaths this last month (April)?  More bodies washed up last month in Monterey than all of the last 10 years!  Wonder what s going on?
 Have fun tomorrow!

Cottonwooder

otter
QuoteLove your shirt! I had one that said, "  If they can put one man on the mood, why can t they put them all there?"  I would get lots of comments as you can well imagine.

I saw a woman wearing a T-shirt that said something like " Hiding from my kids, don t tell them you saw me."   LOVE IT!

Why am I still on this board at 10pm on a Saturday night???  Just can t get into my scrapping, and on Nat l Scrapbook Day of all days!  This time last week I d already gone through a dozen photos and created four pages, scissors zooming along and papers a-flyin !

Cottonwooder

Red neff BarchettaFlip!

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

QuoteDave ~

Although we ve never met, we love camping at the coast, and if your trip was somewhere between Memorial Day and the Gold Rush rally, we d love to tag along...especially if there s a possibility of abalone for dinner

Now that says it all about NNC!  I bet within a few days there will be a mini-rally all set with Dave as Wagonmaster.  What a great group!

Neff & Abs of Steel:

Lemme know if yer gunna go campin  and do a mini-rally, sort of like those mini donuts you see at 7-Eleven that are bad for you, but people must buy them because you see them everywhere.  Me, I don t eat those things...well, once maybe or twice, no more than that...anyway, I m going off the course here.

Yous folks wanna do a place like Sugarloaf?  Man, that reminds of a pastry or something, I must be hungry.  Neff, I can go bike riding with Austen.  Dave, I can eat more abalone.

I am gonna go eat.

Surfcal

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderRay -
 Good to see you around!  Don t eat too many mini donuts or it will be " round" .
 Dave is thinking more along the coast.  Probably in Southern Mendo. County (just a guess).  I would love to go, but we can t from now till the June rally.  I would like to join him some other time down the road though.
 SugarLoaf SP as you know is only 20 minutes from my front door so my ears naturally perk up when that is mentioned.  It however is inland near Kenwood (near Jack London s home).  Also, the dreaded Oak disease hit SugarLoaf over the winter and although the authorities did a good job of keeping every possible tree they could, there still are about 50 downed tree s laid out across the back cg loop.  So there are only about 20 sites available right now.  We drove up there 2 w/e s ago to look around.  They really were careful in cutting down tree s as each site still has a lot of shade.  We ll be up there at the observatory on May 15th (not camping) for the lunar eclipse.

6Quigs

Ab Diver

Dave -
 Boy does that sound like fun! Unfortunately, we are booked solid until the June rally. Have fun and we sure would like to drive up sometime in the near future and join you! Maybe we can chat about it in Plymouth?
 Next w/e should be fun as all 6 Quigs are going to the A s/Yankees game on Saturday. We have some terrific seats! [;)][;)][;)]

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderCopycat, dirtyrat

Jinx infinity!

otter

Cottonwooderi was just looking down the threads to see if ANYONE is posting other than in R&R!
 I seem to be the kiss of death for most of these threads!   [:o]

I will have to ponder the implications of  this phenomena *(ATT).  [&:][>:][&:][>:]

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderDianne -
 I m here.
 Did you see my post from last night asking if you know why all of the sea-otter s are dying in Monterey?  It was on the news again this morning, but no reason was given.  Strange and sad stuff.  More washed up last month alone than have done so in the last 10 years!

Civil_War_Buff

Red neff Barchetta

QuoteORIGINAL:  Red neff Barchetta

Dianne -
 I m here.
 Did you see my post from last night asking if you know why all of the sea-otter s are dying in Monterey?  It was on the news again this morning, but no reason was given.  Strange and sad stuff.  More washed up last month alone than have done so in the last 10 years!

Jeff,

I didn t see the news, but that is very sad....however as for a reason, look no farther than to pop in your tape (or dvd) of the Lion King.  They do a great job of talking about things like this, they call it the " circle of life"  and even have a song about it.

Hope all is well well otherwise my friend.  Great to see Ray back to posting, hopfully work has let up enough to give him some free time.

Take care,

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderLOL Larry!  Yes, I am quite aware of Miss Mother Nature.  What kills me is the idiots who build homes in forested areas and can t understand why we let forest fires run their course.  Or the baffoon s that build along rivers and can t believe that their home is being flooded!  Locally, we see it every 3 or 4 years with people living along the Russian river.  They then want taxes to pay for their homes to be rebuilt.

I just thought their might have been a small oil spill or something like that in Monterey Bay which we didn t hear about.

Nice to see you dropping in btw!

Cottonwooder

Red neff BarchettaIs it just me, or are all the posts here at PUT appearing totally blank now, as if there s no post at all?  Sacto s breakfast rate increase thread is not only blank, but each post has a red " X"  icon by it.  What gives?