News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ab Diver

CottonwooderTania, Ray, et all: Let s see if there is any interest from the others who haven t checked in yet. The next two weekends my daughter is going to science camp. Maybe the weekend of May 24th-25th, cuz the weekend after that we ve got an obligation. If not, no biggee, cuz it s a long season and we can always plan another trip later on. I was thinking of the northern Mendocino coast, between Mendocino and Ft. Bragg. (it s actually easier to drive to than the Mendo south coast, trust me.) There s even a real nice private campground in Cleone, just a rock s throw from McKericher State Park: BIG open sites under tall trees, water and electrons at all the sites, nice fire rings, store, showers...

If not, another June weekend before the Rally might be nice, or later this summer. Heck, I m easy. What say?

Ab Diver

Cottonwooder
QuoteIs it just me

Yep, it s just you.[;)]

Everything likes fine over here.

Cottonwooder

Ab Diver
QuoteYep, it s just you.

Must have been just me.  It lasted for a few minutes, worked fine with MSIE, and now is working fine with Netscape.  Technology!!! [: (]

Ca-girl

Ab Diver
QuoteMaybe the weekend of May 24th-25th, cuz the weekend after that we ve got an obligation.

Well, that is Memorial Day weekend, and we already have camping plans....not that I expect you to plan this whole thing around MY schedule...well...okay....I kind of HOPE you will [8D][;)] Anyway, the weekend after your " obligation"  - June 7-8 would work great for us!

otter

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteDid you see my post from last night asking if you know why all of the sea-otter s are dying in Monterey? It was on the news again this morning, but no reason was given. Strange and sad stuff. More washed up last month alone than have done so in the last 10 years!

Lon is the expert on this, but I can tell you what I have heard him tell others.  The otters are being made ill from something in the water.  Whatever the  evil-doer  is  it comes along with cat feces.  It is probably all along the coast, but seems to be activated around the 2 big power plants at Moss landing and Morro Bay.  Could be the temp., or another chemical substance which activates the stuff in the feces.  I don t think anyone has tracked it down.  We don t let Sadie out of the car along the coast where there are mammals living.  Domestic animals are not allowed even the parking lot at Ano Nuevo.  
 There are several studies going on now tho along the coast.  We have seen a big downtrun in # s in Santa Cruz int he last few years.  

otter

Red neff Barchetta
QuoteLOL Larry! Yes, I am quite aware of Miss Mother Nature. What kills me is the idiots who build homes in forested areas and can t understand why we let forest fires run their course. Or the baffoon s that build along rivers and can t believe that their home is being flooded! Locally, we see it every 3 or 4 years with people living along the Russian river. They then want taxes to pay for their homes to be rebuilt.

I feel the same way MOST of the time.  When it is them and not me!.  This Dec. when a storm tore out the seawall, sidewalk, and part of the road in front of our Santa Cruz home we were delighted that the city rebuilt immediately!
 I don t go to guilt often, but I struggle with this stuff.  WE chose to buy on the ocean, why should everyone else pay for it!  But I have to say I m glad they did.  [&:]

Ab Diver

Ca-girl
Quotethat is Memorial Day weekend

oops!  How s that for being out of touch with the calender? Prolly not a good weekend to plan anything for a group of folks, cuz the big holiday weekends get a lot of divers up here and they fill the campgrounds.

Anybody else up for June 8th? If it s too close to the Rally for anybody else, that s completely understandable. So, Tania--- can two NNC members make a mini-rally? With 3-4 members, I could actually justify capitalizing the *m* in " mini" .[:D]

otter

Ab Diver
QuoteAnybody else up for June 8th?

I might be albe to.  My calendar says somethng unitelligible.  When you first asked I was in SC and there may be something on that calender.  I ll check with Lon.  I hate this migrant living situation we have created for ourselves.  These spontaneous rallies are the best!

Civil_War_Buff

CottonwooderFor anyone who will be in the Felton/Santa Cruz area over Memorial Day Weekend, I will be doing my Civil War thing there that weekend!  I know that how much everyone loves it when I get started with my Civil War stories and now you can see me live it! How exciting is that? Anyhow, we are at Roaring Camp in Felton, and I will wear Bluejeans on Friday, Grey on Saturday, Blue on Sunday, and Monday for the beautiful Memorial Celebration, I will wear.......blue!  

24th Michigan / 26th North Carolina

Jeff, tell Austen that I want him to tell me what those 2 Regiments have in common, or what their link is to each other.

Happy Campin

SactoCampers

Ab Diver

QuoteORIGINAL:  Ab Diver

Tania, Ray, et all: Let s see if there is any interest from the others who haven t checked in yet. The next two weekends my daughter is going to science camp. Maybe the weekend of May 24th-25th, cuz the weekend after that we ve got an obligation. If not, no biggee, cuz it s a long season and we can always plan another trip later on. I was thinking of the northern Mendocino coast, between Mendocino and Ft. Bragg. (it s actually easier to drive to than the Mendo south coast, trust me.) There s even a real nice private campground in Cleone, just a rock s throw from McKericher State Park: BIG open sites under tall trees, water and electrons at all the sites, nice fire rings, store, showers...

If not, another June weekend before the Rally might be nice, or later this summer. Heck, I m easy. What say?

The Sactocampers are camping at Wright s Beach on Memorial Day weekend! Made our reservations back in January or February [:)]

Civil_War_Buff

SactoCampers
QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

The Sactocampers are camping at Wright s Beach on Memorial Day weekend! Made our reservations back in January or February [:)]

Hey, I FLIPPED one!!

Brian, have you camped there before?

Ab Diver

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteHey, I FLIPPED one!!

Oh, you did more than that-- your post was # 1300 to this thread! Neff must be so proud... your little baby s all grown up![:D]

Civil_War_Buff

Ab Diver

QuoteORIGINAL:  Ab Diver

QuoteHey, I FLIPPED one!!

Oh, you did more than that-- your post was # 1300 to this thread! Neff must be so proud... your little baby s all grown up![:D]

WhooHooo, whaddid I win? Whaddid I win???

I diiiiid it, I diiiid it, I diiiiid it! Gooooooo Meeeeeeeeeeeee!

Nick

Civil_War_BuffHey everyone, hope you had a nice wet weekend.  I had a pretty cool weekend.  Started out Friday afternoon when I traden by piece of junk  88 Izusu Trooper in for and  88 Pontiac Fiero in perfect condition and half the miles of my Trooper.  Its a great commuter car and fun to drive.

We went to the Pleasanton RV Show on Saturday and were pretty disapointed.  They had advertised to have Coleman, Starcraft, Forrestriver and Jayco PU s but the only ones that came were Coleman from Alpine RV.  That new Monterey is pretty cool!  Of course the Trail Manor was there.  They are indeed nice but a little out of our means right now.  I did like the $420,000 diessel pusher though.  I could live in that thing.  It even had a 42 inch plasma screen that droped out of the ceiling.

Anyway, we looked around for a few hours then it started pouring, I got soaked and we left.

SactoCampers

Civil_War_Buff
QuoteORIGINAL:  Civil_War_Buff

QuoteORIGINAL:  SactoCampers

Hey, I FLIPPED one!!

Brian, have you camped there before?

Yeah, we camped there last August. Small little campground, no hookups, but right on the beach! Some sites you back into and your view is the ocean with the beach beginning at the back of the site. We re hoping to get one of those but not counting on it. The sites not directly on the beach are actually sheltered a little better.