News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsm x2

GuestI think Civil War Buff should have posted in the IGNORE thread.

gsm x2

QuoteRE: Rebels are coming!! (Direct reply to Guest)  

I love the idea!  I m going to use it all week!

I think Civil War Buff should have posted in the IGNORE thread.

Shhhh!  This exactly the dialug that will keep us all together!   [;)]

gsm x2

GuestCWB,

We aren t rebelling; we are spreading our wings preparing to leave the nest.  Thanks to all the NNCers for show us how to make a fun and happy group--just one with fewer rules.

gsm x2

Cottonwooder

Civil_War_BuffHeya Buff, I ve already posted on the Southern board that I m staying put here.  NNC is my home; took me under its wing and brought me back to PUT when I had already left.  ______ (as yet nameless) will be another home for me, but NNC will always be my " first home" . [:D]

Don t even think of it as breaking away, more like an easier-to-understand hangout for those who find NNC too fast-paced.

Hey, once we re set up, perhaps we ll throw a housewarming and invite all you Northern neighbors over! [:)]

otter

GuestWow!!!!...and Ithought they liked us!
 bye y alll [:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]

griffsmom

otter

QuoteORIGINAL:  otter

Wow!!!!...and Ithought they liked us!

Not bye, more like " just be right around the corner"   (and we do like YOU, Dianne, it s those other people that you hang around with that are a bit suspect![;)])

Seriously, the least Northern part of NNC has grown to such an extent that it has now found that it needs a bit more of a hands-on mechanism by which to interact and hook up with one another.  Up until now, we had our May 2003 rally forum, but now that the rally is over, we don t really have a place where everyone can communicate with each other about up coming rallies and spur-of-the-moment camp-outs.  And you have to admit, the NNC forum can be a bit intimidating, if not downright overwhelming to the uninitiated; heck, even moderator1 tends to steer clear of this place![;)]  

So the decision to form a separate camping club isn t because we re rejecting you (remember, I ve already applied for dual citizenship as have a few other SoCallies[:D]).  Rather, it s merely to be able to make communicating and planning SoCal rallies--both full-fledged and mini--more convenient and simple.  I anticipate that our respective groups will still interact here on the boards at PUT as well as in the real 3-D world of pop up camping.  So, in other words, you couldn t get rid of us, even if you tried!  [:D]

Okay, {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{group hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Civil_War_Buff

griffsmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  griffsmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  otter

Wow!!!!...and Ithought they liked us!

Not bye, more like " just be right around the corner"   (and we do like YOU, Dianne, it s those other people that you hang around with that are a bit suspect![;)])

Seriously, the least Northern part of NNC has grown to such an extent that it has now found that it needs a bit more of a hands-on mechanism by which to interact and hook up with one another.  Up until now, we had our May 2003 rally forum, but now that the rally is over, we don t really have a place where everyone can communicate with each other about up coming rallies and spur-of-the-moment camp-outs.  And you have to admit, the NNC forum can be a bit intimidating, if not downright overwhelming to the uninitiated; heck, even moderator1 tends to steer clear of this place![;)]  

So the decision to form a separate camping club isn t because we re rejecting you (remember, I ve already applied for dual citizenship as have a few other SoCallies[:D]).  Rather, it s merely to be able to make communicating and planning SoCal rallies--both full-fledged and mini--more convenient and simple.  I anticipate that our respective groups will still interact here on the boards at PUT as well as in the real 3-D world of pop up camping.  So, in other words, you couldn t get rid of us, even if you tried!  [:D]

Okay, {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{group hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

So really this is all about Nick, isn t it?  You want to be able to put ANY topic on Top, or lock threads, and do all that Modulator stuff, and you think Nick is a little abusive, right?  HE pushes his way around, right? He locks threads whenever HE feels like it right?  That is what I hear you saying Madam Lawyer! Am I correct, speak up so that the (northern) jurors can hear you.....[8D]..sorry, sorry, my " feelings"  are little hurt here by this UPRISING!!!  Please listen to yourselves talk here....don t you see the similarities?  In 1862 they said " this isn t about salvery, or about politics"  it s about " state s rights" ...they too tried to sugar coat the act of secession by saying it was for the common good. They didn t see themselves as BREAKING the Union, they just wanted to govern themselves as THEY saw fit...starting to sound familiar now my friends in southland???  I don t know what you hope to gain by BREAKING away, but should you go through with this act of aggression (it does " feel"  that way), then sanctions will HAVE TO be put into place, and then, no doubt, the verbal scuds will start flying won t they?  I ask you to appeal to (your) president-elect TOS to put an end to this, and let us return to the happy, harmonious little band of " cracked nuts"  that we have always been and have become infamous because of..OK????? Now, no more talk of this " southern faction" , agreed??? Now, let s all just " ggeeet alllong" , OK???

Signed,

A Northern Man with a Heart for the South.

Nick

Civil_War_Buff

QuoteORIGINAL:  Civil_War_Buff

So really this is all about Nick, isn t it?  You want to be able to put ANY topic on Top, or lock threads, and do all that Modulator stuff, and you think Nick is a little abusive, right?  HE pushes his way around, right? He locks threads whenever HE feels like it right?  

Boy, with a personal attack like that I just may become a southern sympathizer[;)]

Red neff Barchetta

GuestThat s it!  We re turning off the water faucet, lol!  No more crystal clear " Northern"  water is headed down " there" .
 Maybe if they have to buy their water from Mexico they ll reconsider there divorce proceeding s?

Red neff Barchetta

GuestRiddle me this;

What do 6 Quig s, 4 Barchetta s, 1 Zito (Cy Young), and 1 Clemens (Cy Old) all have in common?

answer;

1 boring baseballl game amongst good company!

Now 1 Tejada (MVP Young) could change all that with a swing or 2.  Let s just hope 1 Giambi (MVP Old) swings and misses.

Cottonwooder

Civil_War_Buff{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{~Buff~}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Red neff Barchetta

Cottonwooder(sniff, sniff)

Don t worry about the plant eater with flat teeth.  No, no, go on and give your crummy hugs to the carnivore s.  I don t need no stinkin  embraces.

(sniff, sniff)

Cottonwooder

Red neff Barchetta{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{~Neff~}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Cottonwooder

CottonwooderOh geez, Neff s hug is bigger.  Now I m in for it!  (Sacto, you re the Edit King around here.  Go fix one of them hugs!)

gsm x2

QuoteI don t know what you hope to gain by BREAKING away, but should you go through with this act of aggression (it does " feel"  that way), then sanctions will HAVE TO be put into place, and then, no doubt, the verbal scuds will start flying won t they? I ask you to appeal to (your) president-elect TOS to put an end to this, and let us return to the happy, harmonious little band of " cracked nuts"  that we have always been and have become infamous because of..OK????? Now, no more talk of this " southern faction" , agreed??? Now, let s all just " ggeeet alllong" , OK???

Crap--I m President-elect.  I knew that we should have driven to Temecula on Thursday so we wouldn t meet that meeting.

gsm x2