News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RE: General coughing and rousing

Started by 6Quigs, Jan 22, 2003, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderThank you Patricia.  :)

Now if you must have your own group then I guess it s inevitable.
 Aren t we men ridiculous?  Give us a little attention or love and we turn to butter, ha.

" Yes dear, you re right dear.  We ll just postpone my retirement another 10 years so we can get you that Mercedes and remodel the kitchen."

Cottonwooder

Red neff Barchetta
Quote" Yes dear, you re right dear. We ll just postpone my retirement another 10 years so we can get you that Mercedes and remodel the kitchen."  

Mrs. Neff has trained you well!

Now, shhh, don t tell  em, but I m staying here.  I LIKE the NNC craziness!  (Even for Southern California, we re northern.  In fact, TOS is a couple of miles further north than we are, even being in the same town.)  Just helping them name this new creation.  (Hey, my name might win, keep rooting for it!)

griffsmom

Cottonwooder

QuoteORIGINAL:  Cottonwooder

Now, shhh, don t tell  em, but I m staying here.  I LIKE the NNC craziness!  (Even for Southern California, we re northern.  In fact, TOS is a couple of miles further north than we are, even being in the same town.)  Just helping them name this new creation.  (Hey, my name might win, keep rooting for it!)

Geez, girl, you sound like a double agent, for Pete s sake![&:]  Besides, I couldn t figure out why you wanted to be included in the SoCal club in the first place, since you d rather drive 8 hours North than 3 hours South![;)] (remember, winky face means I m teasing you!![;)])

Why does there have to be a " one or the other"  kind of approach here?  Why can t it be " one and one more?"   I live in the heart of SoCal, so a SoCal club will allow me to know folks who will more likely be able to camp with me in my geographic area on short notice (the June mini-rally is a good example of that--we re not even a week back from our May rally, and we already have a small group going back for a mini-rally in June!).  Yet, you are all still my firends, and I have no intention of abandoning you.  It s not us or them, or for CWB, blue or grey.  It s us and more of us![8D]

Cottonwooder

griffsmom
QuoteGeez, girl, you sound like a double agent, for Pete s sake!

For a moment, I thought I was about to be scolded for {{{{{{{{flirting with the guys}}}}}}}.  [:D]   Of course I m staying here.  And I ll stay at Scampers too.  " Here a fire, there a fire, everywhere a campfire, Ol  McWooder had a pop-up, E-I-E-I-O!"

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderWell, this is a good sign.  This is the highest number of active users I have seen on PUT since it went pay.  Maybe PUT will be around next year.  Although I suspect that about 140 of those 156 are non-member s (ie; lurker s), lol.

Taken from the PUT Arvee club homepage about 30 seconds ago;

QuoteActive Users: 156

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderOops!
 Too good to be true.  Must have been a hosting snafu.

Now it reads;

QuoteActive Users: 14

Cottonwooder

Red neff BarchettaHey Neff, have you checked out www.rv.net?  I don t know how active/technical it is re. pop-ups, but its trailer boards sure are active!

Ca-girl

Cottonwooder
QuoteAfter dinner we watched Disneyland shoot off 20 minutes of fireworks.
After reading this in TOS s post on another thread, I realized that the So/Cal folks are a perfect group to ask the question Kevin and I have been asking each other for months.....

We re planning to surpise the girls next Christmas morning with a packed trailer and tickets to Disneyland (shhhh...don t say anything....it s a SURPRISE).  Anyway, I was wondering if anybody had any clues or tips on where to get tickets to the Park for the best price (I ve heard they are pretty cheap through the military), and if anyone has any good (or particularly BAD) parks to stay (or NOT stay) in while we re there or while we re on the way.  We plan to stop over for one night between here (Sacramento) and there.

I d appreciate the help!!  If you d rather, you can email me directly....I m on the handy-dandy " list"  from Georgeanne. [:D]

griffsmom

Ca-girlHi Tania,

I had run across a Disneyland site that offered specials and inside info.  I ll try to find it and post it tonight.[:)]

Happy Mother s Day everyone! [:D]

Red neff Barchetta

CottonwooderWe were talking at breakfast this morning and Amy was mentioning how she is getting a little tired of her Bunko game (monthly card game) because it has gotten a little stale lately.  She really enjoys everyone in the group, but she was talking about how it s gotten a little repetitious the past few months.
 Anyway, it got me thinking about the NNC rally s (or rallies or Larry s or Larries) and how there is always some terrific variation of Cougher s at each one.  It is so nice to be able to get to know someone a little better than you did at the last rally because either they weren t there or you 2 didn t get to talk much for some reason or another.  Each rally has its own mix of Cougher s and I think the different mixes are one reason each rally is such a hit in its own rite.

That s my morning rabble for today.

Happy Mother s Day!!!!!!!

gsm x2

Cottonwooder
QuoteAnyway, it got me thinking about the NNC rally s (or rallies or Larry s or Larries) and how there is always some terrific variation of Cougher s at each one. It is so nice to be able to get to know someone a little better than you did at the last rally because either they weren t there or you 2 didn t get to talk much for some reason or another. Each rally has its own mix of Cougher s and I think the different mixes are one reason each rally is such a hit in its own rite.

An observation I have made is that each rally is different because of at least three factors.
 [ul]
  • Who attends--which you have summerized well.  But the number of attendees too.  Maxi Rallies are fun for the number of people you get to see.  Mini Rallies allow you to spend time with just a few people and get to know them better.
  • The campground and the surrounding area.  For example at Olema, there were lots of activities in the area, so most people wandered out during the day and didn t hang around the campground.  The opposite of that was Snug Harbor, where no one left for the day for fear that they would never find it a second time and thus would be separated permenantly from their popup.
  • The weather which can be warm and calm condusive to lots of lingering around campfires.  Or cold windy and wet leads to " family time"  inside the PU.
  • [/ul]

So, I don t think there is any fear that the monthly trips will become stale...especially since we seem to get a couple new victims each trip.

gsm x2

Ab Diver

gsm x2
QuoteMini Rallies allow you to spend time with just a few people and get to know them better.

Speaking of Mini Rallies (how that for grabbing the ball and running with it?), there is a Mini Rally in the works right now. In case some of you haven t had a chance to follow the " Wave n at da Beach"  thread, we are up to 7 familes attending! There are plenty of sites left until May 19th. I told the campground that if we don t need those extra sites by then, we probably won t. So if you are thinking of joining us, please don t wait until the last minute. [:o]

Looks like it s gunna be a fun weekend. Even Surfcal is gunna bring a wetsuit and " Hang Ten"  on a kayak. [;)]

Cottonwooder

Ab DiverDo you hear all that pounding going on in the background?  That s our new, more local home being set up.  Hopefully it ll be all finished tomorrow! [:D]  And then we ll have a housewarming party and invite all you Northern neighbors over.  [:D][:D]  (Sacto mentioned releasing us from the " Snicker"  name, but I still like it.  Can t I be a Snickering Scamper?) [:D][:D][:D][8D]

griffsmom

Ca-girl

QuoteORIGINAL:  Ca-girl

QuoteAfter dinner we watched Disneyland shoot off 20 minutes of fireworks.
After reading this in TOS s post on another thread, I realized that the So/Cal folks are a perfect group to ask the question Kevin and I have been asking each other for months.....

We re planning to surpise the girls next Christmas morning with a packed trailer and tickets to Disneyland (shhhh...don t say anything....it s a SURPRISE).  Anyway, I was wondering if anybody had any clues or tips on where to get tickets to the Park for the best price (I ve heard they are pretty cheap through the military), and if anyone has any good (or particularly BAD) parks to stay (or NOT stay) in while we re there or while we re on the way.  We plan to stop over for one night between here (Sacramento) and there.

I d appreciate the help!!  If you d rather, you can email me directly....I m on the handy-dandy " list"  from Georgeanne. [:D]

Hi Tania!

I finally found it! [:D]

Mousesavers.com is a Web site that is continually updated with the latest of Disney offers.  It includes Disneyland, as well as other Disney properties and company holdings.  If there is a discount to be had, this site will tell you about it.  [:)]

http://mousesavers.com/

Or for Disneyland specifically: http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyland.html

Hope that helps![:D]

Ca-girl

griffsmom

QuoteORIGINAL:  griffsmom

Hi Tania!

I finally found it! [:D]

Mousesavers.com is a Web site that is continually updated with the latest of Disney offers.  It includes Disneyland, as well as other Disney properties and company holdings.  If there is a discount to be had, this site will tell you about it.  [:)]

http://mousesavers.com/

Or for Disneyland specifically: http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyland.html

Hope that helps![:D]

Thanks!!  That was just what I had in mind.  I think I may go for the whole Southern CA package...maybe I ll even run into a SCCamper or two! [:D] Now I just have to fork out the dough and make some reservations.  It should be a pretty fun vacation.  My kids were just talking the other day about how they ve never been to Disneyland...I can t wait to see their faces Christmas morning. [:)]